Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

19 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

So if we get Susaeta are all our problems solved? 

One thing at a time mate. I don’t think there are that many problems either. If we can keep Windbichler on the park and get consecutive games into the rest of the foreign players we will start to win consistently. 

Gonna take some time to get up to speed. He was signed by Gamba Osaka to help them avoid relegation with 9 games to go but only played 151 minutes, with 90 of that in his 2nd appearance before he was benched. Getting dumped in a relegation scrap is hardly an ideal start to your first overseas adventure, with Sydney racing away with the League he should be able to fit in without too much expectation.

1 hour ago, HughJass said:

NQ represent!!

City tried to sign Susaeta six months ago, before his brief spell with Japanese side Gamba Osaka.

But ended up with Cabrera?? Seems like a huge downgrade

Melbourne City’s new signing Markel Susaeta looks set for an impact role against the Newcastle Jets, if his visa is approved in time.

Nice

Edited by haz

1 hour ago, HeartFc said:

On paper he might be one of best signing we've ever made. 12 years starting consistently for a decent La Liga team means something. 

I think your forgetting the incredible signing and long city career of club legend, David Villa 

• Like 1

I think there will be a defender of some description coming, Windbichler body can't be trusted and with Galloway now out we only have Atkinson, Jamieson, Delbridge and Good as senior defenders available, and I'd prefer not to have to use a midfielder in there if something does happen 

39 minutes ago, neio said:

I think there will be a defender of some description coming, Windbichler body can't be trusted and with Galloway now out we only have Atkinson, Jamieson, Delbridge and Good as senior defenders available, and I'd prefer not to have to use a midfielder in there if something does happen 

Thought the reports said Galloway wasn’t that bad but Windy can be placed on the injury replacement list.

Edited by Mr MO

• jw1739 pinned this topic