Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

1 minute ago, neio said:

If Galloway is out for a period of time, we may need to look into bringing a replacement defender in. As with Windbichler always being injured we only have 4 senior ones available

If we can, it would be good to find someone who can play across a couple of positions in back 4 and is comfortable doing so. Sort of like what Manny Muscat used to do

Only competently, we hope. 

One thing I enjoy doing is getting on Transfermarkt and finding players who we could possibly sign-up - without knowing a single thing about them in the first place. Helps pass my day...

So I notice there's a couple of free Kazakhstan players with high values. They seem quite young and their values are on the rise. Anyone know anything about them at all?

20 minutes ago, rass said:

One thing I enjoy doing is getting on Transfermarkt and finding players who we could possibly sign-up - without knowing a single thing about them in the first place. Helps pass my day...

So I notice there's a couple of free Kazakhstan players with high values. They seem quite young and their values are on the rise. Anyone know anything about them at all?

I said in the Rojas thread that I hope we sign Nico Gaitan. That would be a dream come true. 

27 minutes ago, Harrison said:

I said in the Rojas thread that I hope we sign Nico Gaitan. That would be a dream come true. 

However, Gaitan now appears to have sealed a move back to his homeland with Boca Juniors.

Speaking to the publication, Record, Vice-President Christian Gribaudo confirmed the club has indeed signed the attacking midfielder.

“I can confirm that we have a deal with Nico Gaitán, a club-trained player and our DNA. I am very happy to be able to say that he will be our player from January,” Gribaudo said.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.sheffieldunited.news/news/sheffield-united-ousted-by-boca-in-pursuit-of-nicolas-gaitan/amp/

• Sad 1

I'm not one to usually bag our scouting, but it does frustrate me a little how a team in the position that Phoenix were in (still are despite their results lately) can pick up a player like Duvila, who was in Chelsea's squad a few years back.  .... and we're still fluffing around trying to unearth a decent player for this league.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, rass said:

I'm not one to usually bag our scouting, but it does frustrate me a little how a team in the position that Phoenix were in (still are despite their results lately) can pick up a player like Duvila, who was in Chelsea's squad a few years back.  .... and we're still fluffing around trying to unearth a decent player for this league.

Agreed - but if you'd told me that one of the most exciting players in the league was going to be signed from the Delhi Dynamos I would have been quite surprised.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tommykins said:

Agreed - but if you'd told me that one of the most exciting players in the league was going to be signed from the Delhi Dynamos I would have been quite surprised.

Just proves to me that it’s so tricky to nail these foreigners. Is our hit rate really that much worse than others? Just frustrating that our hits were two defenders and a winger and a striker that we didn’t keep for off field reasons. 

37 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Indeed, thats the point of the thread. Just need to keep some people's feet on the ground though, cos ultimately it'll be the clubs fault we dont sign him in their eyes  :D 

Nooooo silly, it’s the league and salary caps fault that we can’t sign decent players!!!!! More successful team are doing it all wrong.

George Timotheou, 22 year old aussie CB who played a bundesliga game last season, currently in Netherlands. Looks like he wants to return to Australia. Western United are interested, but this is someone we should look at, especially now we can't trust Windbichler to play more than 8 minutes at a time 

• jw1739 pinned this topic