Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

Brattan on his day is fantastic player but I honesty don't think he's fit enough to be a championship winning mid. He runs out of gas by the 60th minute these days and unless he can drop 5 kegs and have a great preseason I don't see him as a huge loss. 

Edited by HeartFc

23 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I think Luke Brattan is severally underestimated. His ball control and passing range is excellent for this league. I’m 100% convinced that this slow build play and dwelling on the ball aspect is mostly because 1) we didn’t make any proper runs forward 2) he deliberately skips players as he knows that some players struggle with ball control at pace.

I agree with this. He isn't a one-touch maestro when it comes to ball disposal, however, the main issue was the lack of forward runs

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, malloy said:

InfoVW was reliable no? Was one of Jeremey Walkers relatives I believe..

Bob knows a lot more than he is letting on. Brad Rowse in disguise.

1 hour ago, CityBoyz said:

Would anyone take Jedinak as marquee ? 

Nah.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mr MO said:

Bob knows a lot more than he is letting on. Brad Rowse in disguise.

Bob is actually Munn, trying to win over the lads again with some inside info......all will be revealed when he asks any forumers if they wanna meet at the sausage stand at half time of our first home game......Boom, Munn in full Kappa Melbourne Heart tracksuit, a backwards cap and some big baller brand kicks

• Like 3

Western United are going to sign diamante, victory are talking to kruse, Adelaide and Newcastle both signed two players that played in the gold cup. With all our resources we sign two unknowns it’s just frustrating having so many resources and not being more ambitious in the transfer market. 

Edited by citypool
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, citypool said:

Western United are going to sign diamante, victory are talking to kruse, Adelaide and Newcastle both signed two players that played in the gold cup. With all our resources we sign two unknowns it’s just frustrating having so many resources and not being more ambitious in the transfer market. 

That’s because ROI on players and the club is priority number one. We have this discussion every year, CFG has capped  marquee spots and we just need to work and be creative with the budget which is firmly set. I’ve already accepted it some seasons back but yeah all of still live in hope.

Edited by Mr MO

1 hour ago, citypool said:

I don't know why people keep bringing this up. City made it quite clear right from the start that we would not see "big-name players."

23rd January 2014 - Txiki Begiristain, Director of Football: "It's not about the names, it's about the player. We don't need a big name, we need a big player and a big player will develop into a big name,'' Begiristain told the 'Herald Sun.' "He has to add something more than a name. Commitment with the group and the football in Australia, experience to teach the players and help the coach."

So far we haven't got it quite right, although we could point to Bruno Fornaroli as being a success, and also Fernando Brandan (both until Warren Joyce came along).

There are a lot of things that CFG has "done right" during the five seasons so far. CFA, the Academy and the youth teams, the women's team, our community programs. IMO there are times when we tend to forget about them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

There are a lot of things that CFG has "done right" during the five seasons so far. CFA, the Academy and the youth teams, the women's team, our community programs. IMO there are times when we tend to forget about them.

All very true but whilst I think many of us appreciate it they don’t buy a membership for these reasons. They won’t hesitate to trade in all those things for titles, full stands, good football and proper marquee and visa players.

Edited by Mr MO

22 hours ago, citypool said:

Kruse is shit

• Like 4

• jw1739 pinned this topic