Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

Just now, moops said:

Hopefully, both he and Metcalf should get minutes, have to wait and see what happens.

What positions can Metcalf play ? 

We need a versatile bench player that can come on in a variety of places. Metcalf is a big lad maybe chop out at DM and then if needed slip into the defence ? 

39 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

What positions can Metcalf play ? 

We need a versatile bench player that can come on in a variety of places. Metcalf is a big lad maybe chop out at DM and then if needed slip into the defence ? 

Anywhere in the middle, think Mooy, obviously a younger version. I think I likened him to Toni Kroos in the match he played against the CCM, very calm on the ball.

Edited by moops
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, HeartFc said:

cheese/

coles water crackers /fruity lexia/ brie/ vegan options

bubble tea / almond milk / go fuck yourself 

cunts fucked / sesame seeds / yep

Looking solid lads.

Jesus Christ. This post was brought to you by Budweiser. $2.50 USD happy hour will do that. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I wonder how hard it would be to bring David Silva down here...

That would be massive. Even just for 10 matches as a Guest player.

Apparently he wants to finish up in Spain but his ideal team just got relegated. He’s also said that his wife gets to make the decision, but it’s definitely not China. 

23 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Apparently he wants to finish up in Spain but his ideal team just got relegated. He’s also said that his wife gets to make the decision, but it’s definitely not China. 

The bloke is still a freak. No way would we be worthy!

33 minutes ago, Tomi said:

That's two days old and still has Baccus "expected to arrive." Most, if not all, the SA articles I've read are just syndicating the same story.

I wouldn't count it as "done" yet.

3 hours ago, Harrison said:

Who's his ideal team? Would've thought he'd want to go back to Valencia.

Doubt he'd want to go to China anyway. He's earned millions already might as well live somewhere nice instead.

2 hours ago, Imtellingyou said:

What's official statement on Brilliante? Where is Welcome topic ?

There isn't one. So far the story has been carried only by The World Game and I haven't seen any independent confirmation. As with Baccus - "Kaizer are "expecting him" but apparently he hasn't "arrived" yet. And our supposed two Unruguayan imports are not independently confirmed that I can see. Overseas imports usually arrive via Manchester, where they do some preliminary checks and a first interview.

2 hours ago, Missing_Moy said:

Brattain to Sydney according to sbs I would’ve rathered keep Brattan instead of Brillante just for a bit of nostalgic longest serving player. 

If we want change than Brattan needs to go too - next to offload are Royston Red Card and Jamieson No Cross.

2 hours ago, Missing_Moy said:

Brattain to Sydney according to sbs I would’ve rathered keep Brattan instead of Brillante just for a bit of nostalgic longest serving player. 

Beats me as to what Sydney can offer Bratts that we can't. However, that's the way it is. The A-League player merry-go-round. Pretty much every week you're watching former City players in the opposition's colours.

Of the four players out-of-contract that we wanted to retain (Schenkeveld, Brattan, Good and Vidosic) three have left, leaving only Curtis Good to finalise (transfermarkt has him contracted for another season??). Baccus' departure and Brillante's arrival would have come as surprises.

It's still early days in the transfer market, and there's plenty of work left for Petrillo and Co. Perhaps we are going to see more of our own young players than we originally thought?

Many coaches like to start and build up the team from the scratch, up to their liking, unless it's championship winning team. Players without contract are good opportunity to release them. Of four of them, Good is the only one who doesn't belong into category being expensive or in vital role for new playing style. Every club forum think that youth players are good enough to win it. So far EM expressed that they lack tactical skills. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Baccus confirmed gone. Presumably we will receive further confirmations sooner or later - but as it stands we must have some cap space available??

image.png.c1a9db6df7520c596b4f4b4a62c29925.png

We have dedicated our cap to Brilliante if the rumours are true.

For all the Sydney cap conspiratists out there. They've cleared more than enough space to sign a few players.

INS: Barbarouses (marquee), Baumjohann, McGowan, Brattan, 
OUTS: Brillante, Reza, De Jong (marquee), De Silva, Calver, Cisak, Brosque, Tratt, Devlin, van der Linden,

So youve Barbarouses replacing Siem, Baumjohann replacing Reza, Brattan in for Brillante, McGowan for Jop. 
Factor in too that  the cap changes have boosted some space as Grant and O'Neill have more pay outside the cap.  

Credit RedKat at InsideSport

1 minute ago, DukeVader said:

Really?? I dont watch to many other teams games but against us i always thought he was average??

Absolutely. I would go as far as saying that if he and O'neil wernt in their XI, Ninkovic and especially Brosque would be no where near as influential as they have been the last two seasons.

21 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Absolutely. I would go as far as saying that if he and O'neil wernt in their XI, Ninkovic and especially Brosque would be no where near as influential as they have been the last two seasons.

I always thought Brillante and O'Neill's industriousness and work rate was what enabled Ninko to be such a star; there isnt a hell of a lot of defensive workrate with him and the other two enabled him to focus a bit more on attack.
We might lose half a yard in attack with Brillante to Brattan, but we gain a significantly better defensive player imo.
Would have liked to see them form a partnership to be honest, and will be disappointed if Bratts leaves, but if it ends up being a straight swap i think we've won that deal, at least with the current makeup of our squad. Also think Sydney are now looking far too attack balanced in midfield and losing their steel that made them such a good side.

Bratts has had some terrific games for us, but i also feel he's been reasonably inconsistent for us too and put out some non-existent games, and ultimately we havent had a lot to show for his output, esp since the FFA Cup final.

TLDR , would like to keep Bratts if possible, but if its a trade-off then the swap is more beneficial for us.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Brillante is a big upgrade on Brattan IMO. Its between him and O'niel to whom has been the most important to Sydney's recent success.

He was a nightmare in the acl tho cost them one win through a horrible mistake but that might been him protesting as they didn't let him leave 

8 minutes ago, bt50 said:

TLDR , would like to keep Bratts if possible, but if its a trade-off then the swap is more beneficial for us.

Agree. Brattan has been frustratingly inconsistent. But (if he goes) I would have like to have seen what Le Patron could have done with him.

I guess we'll soon know who's training today, and that will tell us what Bratts has decided.

7 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Agree. Brattan has been frustratingly inconsistent. But (if he goes) I would have like to have seen what Le Patron could have done with him.

I guess we'll soon know who's training today, and that will tell us what Bratts has decided.

Not sure that would be definitive tbh. IMO if he trains with us he's exceptionally likely to re-sign, if he doesn't all that says is his contract status is still up in the air.
If he is spotted at Sydney training or the airport, blow him a kiss and say your goodbyes however.

6 minutes ago, playmaker said:

The club just tweeted this.

Google translate from Italian to English

The words were:

Distinguished

Excellent

Magnificent

Kangaroo

Are we getting a big name Italian marquee?

IMG_20190708_104026.thumb.jpg.4037e0da5cdf0b562f8456e1ec18fc97.jpg

Brillante.

Marginal improvement on Brattan. I'm happy with it.

• jw1739 pinned this topic