Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

33 minutes ago, Heartman said:

So Caceras has left?

Any point of a 3rd tilt?

I have always felt he still had a little more, and under the right situation could be great.

No thanks. Marquee CAM with Florin and Iannuci as backups is fine.

IMO doesnt have the steel or pace to play as a solid 8 and was average as a winger.

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/news/melbourne-city-fc-player-update-5

Sad to see the departure of Schenkeveld, but not sad to see Baccus go.

Super sad to see Bart go, hopefully he doesnt turn up at another aleague club.

I never saw what Baccus brought to the team other than backwards and sideways passing, but whether or not that was Joyce's fault I dunno.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bt50 said:

No thanks. Marquee CAM with Florin and Iannuci as backups is fine.

IMO doesnt have the steel or pace to play as a solid 8 and was average as a winger.

Think it’s Genreau who plays as the 10. Iannucci more of a winger I believe.

8 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Think it’s Genreau who plays as the 10. Iannucci more of a winger I believe.

Hmm its been the opposite everytime ive seen both of them play. Admittedly havent seen Iannuci for about 12 months though, but he was def CAM that game.

2 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Hmm its been the opposite everytime ive seen both of them play. Admittedly havent seen Iannuci for about 12 months though, but he was def CAM that game.

Pretty sure Genreau played centrally at PEC Zwolle.

Iannucci played wide a fair bit in the Y-League IIRC.

Anyway BT, surely you know every kid thinks they’re a 10! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Pretty sure Genreau played centrally at PEC Zwolle.

Iannucci played wide a fair bit in the Y-League IIRC.

Anyway BT, surely you know every kid thinks they’re a 10! 

image.png.1b13e872ea009d48b1a29a168e387c40.png

Positional heatmap from his time at Zwolle, played mainly on the left wing and then a little left wing back in a couple of games.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tommykins said:

image.png.1b13e872ea009d48b1a29a168e387c40.png

Positional heatmap from his time at Zwolle, played mainly on the left wing and then a little left wing back in a couple of games.

Interesting. Transfermarkt has him as mostly an attacking midfielder. 

I’m sure Le Patron will use him well. Genreau is one of the kids I’m most excited about. 

A new rumour has just surfaced namely that Arjen Robben will be coming to Melbourne City next season. I know this because I am starting the rumour.

Seriously though it would make a big statement if we could get him here. Maybe JVS could have a quiet word in his ear for us?

This of course is a totally unsubstantiated rumour possibly made up by someone unknown which is why I expect to see it published in tomorrow's Herald-Sun. 

Edited by TheStig
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, bt50 said:

Big yes from me.

Edit : If his numbers were too good, an A League club wouldnt even be in the conversation. IMO he'll be a gun here.

That's the A League conundrum. 

You need a very good player yet he can't be too good or your just kidding yourself. 

If we land Luna or if Luna lands he will tear this league, a good couple levels up on Brandan and somwhere near Bruno pre injury. 

Interesting, Brillante on 500k - marquee or serious under the cap contract? No wonder there is no money to sign Bart and or Brattan. 

Are we finally going to have our money on the park with youth as fringe players?

Edited by Mr MO

25 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Interesting, Brillante on 500k - marquee or serious under the cap contract? No wonder there is no money to sign Bart and or Brattan. 

Are we finally going to have our money on the park with youth as fringe players?

Honestly I’d prefer us to go develop more youth players than what we have seen over the past couple of years. 

Build a solid experienced core and then have youth players fill the remainder of the roster. With our manager having the level of youth development experience that he has, this should be a strategy that can pay off, especially with some of the talent that we have in the academy/youth set up.

If this club wants to be taken seriously, we need to deliver a style of football that excites, and having quality youth talent on the park can be our X factor in that regard. Looking forward to it.

Melbourne Victory may have had more success than us, but their youth development record certainly shows they have prioritised results over anything else. This is a chance to be a true point of difference, especially if the brand of football meets the high bar that the new manager has now set for the club.

Edited by Heart_fan
  • Like 1

one more visa signing in the wing or midfield and we win the league! what a signing in Brillante.  Gone under the radar for the past few seasons, integral to sydneys success.  Finally, a decisive pre-season with results and quality in mind.  

birra/booz

galloway / rich/ delbo/ jamo

brillante/

genreau/  visa (other signing)

noone/    jmac/   yoof/ signing/ wales idk

for once, the hype building is genuine, we are putting together a seriously good squad

• jw1739 pinned this topic