Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

On 11/06/2019 at 7:45 AM, bt50 said:

-

This could easily have been into a joke about our recent success in the transfermarket..... Craig No-one. I'm also hearing we will sign Nigel Nofriends.

Anyway, as is tradition, here are the very important FIFA stats.

Edited by haz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Highly unlikely imo. i can't see why we'd offer even a 300k deal for another striker - waste of money with Jmac there. IMO our efforts go solely into resigning Bart, and his replacement if he decides to leave, and then AM and two wingers. Do that, and with the youth we have imo we are set for a good season (barring yet another spastic coach).

Agreed. Can see no point to Toivonen unless Maclaren is departing the club all of a sudden.

1 hour ago, haz said:

Would we take Williams back as a rotation winger/striker, pretty much a replacement for Vidosic?

(Although rumors are that he is going to India)

I think I would, even though I'm in Row DD behind the Southern Goal.

But, seriously, he's a player who IMO would be taking too much of the cap unless he's going to be a starting player.

1 hour ago, citymad said:

I could see I use for tioneven. He is a completely different style of striker tom mcclaren so provides different playing style options. J mac can drop in behind as a 10 actually. Makes me think Bart has gone though. 

Au contraire. I'm now increasingly confident Bart stays, and that Toivonen has no truth to it.

Craig Noone is a fairly handy player - won't score a lot of goals but is definitely best in that inverted winger role that we haven't really had for a while (left footer cutting in from the right), loves a bit of a scrap and played a lot of non-league football so definitely doesn't mind the rougher stuff.

Actually don't mind this, assume not on a huge salary considering Bolton weren't paying their players after going into administration. Played a season of Premier league with Cardiff. Wants to tackle and hard at it with a bit of mongrel, which is a different sort of winger and seems to be the antithesis to Berenguer. Reckon he just might emulate Le Fondre

If it's true, and it seems like it is, I hope it works out.

But O'Halloran looked like a good signing and he barely played. And if I'm not mistaken, he was signed by the very man who refused to play him. 

What I have an issue with is signing foreign players (the ones who will make or break our season) before we've even got a head coach. 

8 minutes ago, Harrison said:

If it's true, and it seems like it is, I hope it works out.

But O'Halloran looked like a good signing and he barely played. And if I'm not mistaken, he was signed by the very man who refused to play him. 

What I have an issue with is signing foreign players (the ones who will make or break our season) before we've even got a head coach

Maybe we have, but he hasn't been announced?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, moops said:

Bolton fans don't seem to like him much, although it sounds like they had a rough season.

Noone did a lot of good work and was appreciated by the vast majority of Bolton fans, we're just going through a much bigger shit storm at the moment and are overly sensitive. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tommykins said:

Noone did a lot of good work and was appreciated by the vast majority of Bolton fans, we're just going through a much bigger shit storm at the moment and are overly sensitive. 

A bigger shitstorm than Bolton?? They don't have enough money to pay the tea ladies! 

Edited by Bob Latchford
Spelling

1 hour ago, Missing_Moy said:

I'd love for us to sure up our signings very early unlike previous seasons and then there are no excuses for lack of team gelling etc.. 

Where is the fun in that? What would we have to complain about if the team was firing from round 1? Ridiculous idea 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• jw1739 pinned this topic