Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

35 minutes ago, Andrew Edmonds said:

I'd be happy with him as long as he isn't a marquee. International level he might not do heaps, but think he'd be alright in the A-League. Would provide more than Florin did on the wing.

No thank you, then we have two absolute duds on the wings with Florin and this guy. They can compete in airswings, missing targets and slip overs.

with Aston Villa promoted back to the Premier League, is Jedinak a sneaky chance to return back to the A-League or is he more likely to stay in the Championship somewhere else?

Would love him and take in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nate said:

with Aston Villa promoted back to the Premier League, is Jedinak a sneaky chance to return back to the A-League or is he more likely to stay in the Championship somewhere else?

Would love him and take in a heartbeat.

If he comes back itā€™ll be to Central Coast.Ā 

Aston Villa will release him, but I think he'll be picked by a Championship club. Linked to Macarthur apparently so might be back in 2020-21 season.

How about Mo Diame as marquee? Newcastle contract finished and they don't want to retain him

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

Mid to late June at least

Correct. Most of them happen in July. We could see one or more of the ones we wish to re-sign before then, but late June and then July are the usual months.

Training will re-start in early July.

14 hours ago, JMSTEP123 said:

Fuck this offseason slow burn.

Not even a rumor. Just need something to feel inspired about.

Anyone? Anything?

Do what everyone else does.

make up some bullshit. Just make it complicated enough to dodge Dylanā€™s ā€œbullshit detectorā€ thread thatā€™s all.

Having seen some of the releases/end of contracts coming up there's a list of a few players I wouldn't mind seeing us take a run at.

Jacob Butterfield - Fell out of favor in a packed Derby County midfield, won Huddersfield Town's player of the year a few years before they were promoted and always looks class whenever he has the ball at his feet.

Josh Vela - Very biased Bolton opinion but is a nice foil to what we already have in midfield, also does a bit of the DeLaet thing where he fills in on every position on the pitch.Ā 

Omar Abdulrahman - outrageously talented, and outrageously compensated to play in the Middle East, left the UAE for Saudi during the year and oddly didn't play a lot during the year. Could be due a change of scene.

Melbourne City FC can confirm Dario Vidosic will be leaving the Club following the conclusion of his contract and after accepting an offer overseas.

Vidosic joined City in December 2017 and went on to make 34 appearances and score eight goals in all competitions.

The Club would like to thank Dario for his contribution over the past couple of seasons and wishes him and his family all the bestĀ for the future.

16 minutes ago, Tomi said:

Melbourne City FC can confirm Dario Vidosic will be leaving the Club following the conclusion of his contract and after accepting an offer overseas.

Vidosic joined City in December 2017 and went on to make 34 appearances and score eight goals in all competitions.

The Club would like to thank Dario for his contribution over the past couple of seasons and wishes him and his family all the bestĀ for the future.

IMO no great loss. Started well, but faded away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomi said:

Nice, keep the clean out going especially fringe players on high wages.

Ok I think it is safe to say that the club is going to keep updating as things are finalized rather than waiting until July when preseason starts. Although, I think the Club shuts down for a little while during this time of year?

Wazza was announced on 18th of June and he was at the CFA when announced

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

Ok I think it is safe to say that the club is going to keep updating as things are finalized rather than waiting until July when preseason starts. Although, I think the Club shuts down for a little while during this time of year?

Wazza was announced on 18th of June and he was at the CFA when announced

I would argue that the club shut down for most of last season.Ā 

• Haha 4

• jw1739 pinned this topic