Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

1 hour ago, Harrison said:

As much as I love Bart and rate him as the best defender in the league, we don't need him to win the title. 

Galloway/Good/Delbridge/Jamieson in front of Bouzanis/Birighitti wins us a title IMO.

But we'd need to find a pretty good midfielder to compensate. Someone who can basically control the tempo of the game and create plenty of chances. 

A quick, goalscoring winger would complete our team.

someone like kilkenny LOL

Isn't Tony Pignata, formerly CEO of Sydney, the CEO of Perth now? These two clubs seem to know how to get top A-League players under the cap and decent marquees outside it.

We're not going to get close to them unless we get better players.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, n i k o said:

As in you wouldn't take those guys now? 

Haha no as in a player like Ninkovic is now, or the player Castro was when he first came. He's played as more of a roaming wing/striker/mid the last couple seasons.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mork said:

Axiom is on the money 

No haha he’s not, people will loose their jobs over such appointments - nobody with a little bit of a football brain is that retarded. With that we would show as much ambition as Central Coast Mariners.

Unless Petrillo made a super risky deal and this was agreed on prior to his first season. 

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

No haha he’s not, people will loose their jobs over such appointments - nobody with a little bit of a football brain is that retarded. With that we show as much ambition as Central Coast Mariners.

Unless Petrillo made a super risky deal and this was agreed on prior to his first season. 

Petrillo hasn’t exactly been the best when it comes to decisions on player recruiting. He can’t get past Adelaide on the map for starters. Either way I hope you’re right, but I doubt it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Isn't Tony Pignata, formerly CEO of Sydney, the CEO of Perth now? These two clubs seem to know how to get top A-League players under the cap and decent marquees outside it.

We're not going to get close to them unless we get a better CEO.

FTFY as I feel the beginning of your post was headed in the right direction.

Edited by n i k o

2 hours ago, bellydrum said:

Someone on 442 forum saying Aiden O'Neill is rumoured to be heading to us

His contract with Burnley should be up this off-season according to https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/news/2016/july/oneill-pens-three-year-deal/

Brattan replacement?

I thought he was with Central Coast? https://www.ccmariners.com.au/news/aiden-oneill-wins-2019-marinersmedal

3 hours ago, bellydrum said:

Someone on 442 forum saying Aiden O'Neill is rumoured to be heading to us

His contract with Burnley should be up this off-season according to https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/news/2016/july/oneill-pens-three-year-deal/

Brattan replacement?

I'd take him (better than Brattan Imo). But not for $2.2m over 3 seasons. Maybe $250k first season, if he meets KPIs then I can move up to $400k

23 minutes ago, haz said:

I'd take him (better than Brattan Imo). But not for $2.2m over 3 seasons. Maybe $250k first season, if he meets KPIs then I can move up to $400k

Krishna is the 2.2 over 3 season not ONeill

Brad Inman has been released from his league 1 club and rumours to be coming home. Don't know much about him, anyone know if he is worth throwing our hat into the ring? 

17 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Another rumour from FTBL has Birighitti as 'almost certainly going to Victory.'

That would be a shame now that Eugene has retired. I can image damage was done months ago when he unfollowed himself from CFG Instagram and Twitter etc. 

25 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Another rumour from FTBL has Birighitti as 'almost certainly going to Victory.'

I would't cry if he did TBH. I don't think a club needs two GKs of almost equal ability when it's highly likely one will sit on the bench all season.

However, the club as so far indicated that it wishes to keep him to his contract, and I'm happy with that stance. IMO too many A-League players get to just walk away from a sound contract. My message to Birighitti would be "don't sign for 3 seasons if you think you might want to leave."

11 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I would't cry if he did TBH. I don't think a club needs two GKs of almost equal ability when it's highly likely one will sit on the bench all season.

However, the club as so far indicated that it wishes to keep him to his contract, and I'm happy with that stance. IMO too many A-League players get to just walk away from a sound contract. My message to Birighitti would be "don't sign for 3 seasons if you think you might want to leave."

My advice would be make sure what you are promised you get then sign.

14 minutes ago, AXIOM said:

My advice would be make sure what you are promised you get then sign.

No club in its right mind would do that.

Birighitti was so fucking terrible in his last match for NAC Breda that he's lucky anyone signed him.

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Birighitti was so fucking terrible in his last match for NAC Breda that he's lucky anyone signed him.

Calm down mate.

He made one or two mistakes in a game...it happens. IIRC his team was awful that day and he didn’t have much help, in fact he made a number of good saves. 

His form over several seasons down here was very good, which was why he got to Europe in the first place. 

No reason to think he couldn’t reproduce that form, and plenty of clubs would take him.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

No club in its right mind would do that.

I agree no club should, thats why when he was told he would be first choice keeper and the highest paid keeper in the comp please sign with us.....then sit him on the bench for the whole season. Makes no sense to me either. 

2 hours ago, AXIOM said:

I agree no club should, thats why when he was told he would be first choice keeper and the highest paid keeper in the comp please sign with us.....then sit him on the bench for the whole season. Makes no sense to me either. 

Well under Joyce it seemed that if you came with the esteem, be it young or old, it was a case of “I’ll show you who’s boss”. Birighitti, Budzinski, Cahill, Kilkenny, Arzani, Pierias, Fornaroli.etc, etc. Fucking tool, even more surprising is the clowns who said, “greattt, let’s give that guy big dollars to sit down for a season. He looks like he could use the R & R” That’s what happens when you let the patients run the mental ward. Idiots.

By the way Joyce’s tea-baggers need to go too. Nothing will change if any of those muppets are involved.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Kurto to Western United. https://www.a-league.com.au/news/wellington-confirm-star-departure

So Delianov will find himself on the bench. Might as well have stayed at City.

Yes will be second keeper. I have know doubt he would have known this before he signed. At city he thought he would be second choice behind bouza then Eugene was called in. Then bouza left and thought he'd be second behind Eugene. Then birra was called in. Probably had enough of the false promises and decided to leave. Good luck to the lad. 

19 hours ago, neio said:

Krishna is the 2.2 over 3 season not ONeill

Brad Inman has been released from his league 1 club and rumours to be coming home. Don't know much about him, anyone know if he is worth throwing our hat into the ring? 

3-4 years ago he would have been a good signing, always in the top clubs of league 1, he was at Crewe at the same time as Luongo.

I think he is in league 2 ATM.

9 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Hamill to Western United as well. Who thinks WU has a better squad than what had in our first season?

It’s a very solid list of Australian signings but the rest of the foreign signings will be key. Kone and Kurto are decent and if they nail the remaining three then they will be a hard team to beat. 

Probably a finals finish at this point but could finish very high, which would be good for them and the league and terrible for us.

• jw1739 pinned this topic