Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

On 02/05/2019 at 11:17 AM, n i k o said:

Pierias wasn't given an option because we didn't give him any game time anyway prior to deciding to go to WU. I don't blame him at all for making the move, but nor am I blaming our club. Time will tell if the right choice was made. 

As I have said we could have loaned him out to an Asian club to develop, keep him on our books and cast a larger net to see which kids look likely to have a future with the first team. Instead he wasn't given any game time and has signed for the opposition.

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

Wales is crap, and is just keeping an possible future star off the pitch and potentially Najjarine will move on to another club if he doesn't get minutes which will be a huge opportunity lost IMO.

Regardless of my views on Wales I hope he scores 5 on Sunday just to prove that I am wrong.

But he doesn’t keep a potential future of the pitch, we need 2 wingers.

Your woeful Frenchman is the problem not  these two kids.

14 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

But he doesn’t keep a potential future of the pitch, we need 2 wingers.

I’d have liked to see Najjarine and Wales both start out wide against CCM last Friday night. 

Harrison was very good though. I’m just glad Najjarine got some minutes. 

2 hours ago, Mr MO said:

One of the best players on the pitch the last 2 games he played. I agree though he needs to be central.

1 hour ago, neio said:

CCM are preparing a loan bid for Najjarine by twitter reports

Sad if he goes.

BTW WSW are culling,

The Western Sydney Wanderers have begun their rebuild in brutal fashion with the simultaneous departures of 11 players - including their two top scorers.

International stars Oriol Riera and Alex Baumjohann as well as midfielder Roly Bonevacia headline the extensive exit list as the Wanderers seek to reshape their squad following a torrid first season under Markus Babbel.

Also headed for new pastures are: Josh Risdon, Raul Llorente, Jaushua Sotirio, Abraham Majok, Marc Tokich, Rashid Mahazi, John Roberts and Giancarlo Gallifuoco.

Riera departs the club having scored 29 goals in 56 appearances across two seasons after joining from Osasuna. He was named the Wanderers’ A-League Player of the Year in 2018.

Socceroo Risdon has already been confirmed as a signing for new franchise Western Melbourne, while it’s unclear whether German star Baumjohann will remain in Australia, with a move to Asia also thought to be a possibility.

The departing group also features a number of academy graduates.

It’s unclear who will come in to replace the huge number of departees, with Newcastle Jets defender Daniel Georgievski already confirmed as the first arrival for the new season this morning.

Babbel appears ready to piece together a squad of his own.

Edited by playmaker

7 minutes ago, playmaker said:

One of the best players on the pitch the last 2 games he played. I agree though he needs to be central.

Sad if he goes.

BTW WSW are culling,

The Western Sydney Wanderers have begun their rebuild in brutal fashion with the simultaneous departures of 11 players - including their two top scorers.

International stars Oriol Riera and Alex Baumjohann as well as midfielder Roly Bonevacia headline the extensive exit list as the Wanderers seek to reshape their squad following a torrid first season under Markus Babbel.

Also headed for new pastures are: Josh Risdon, Raul Llorente, Jaushua Sotirio, Abraham Majok, Marc Tokich, Rashid Mahazi, John Roberts and Giancarlo Gallifuoco.

Riera departs the club having scored 29 goals in 56 appearances across two seasons after joining from Osasuna. He was named the Wanderers’ A-League Player of the Year in 2018.

Socceroo Risdon has already been confirmed as a signing for new franchise Western Melbourne, while it’s unclear whether German star Baumjohann will remain in Australia, with a move to Asia also thought to be a possibility.

The departing group also features a number of academy graduates.

It’s unclear who will come in to replace the huge number of departees, with Newcastle Jets defender Daniel Georgievski already confirmed as the first arrival for the new season this morning.

Babbel appears ready to piece together a squad of his own.

I'd take Baumjohann... but might be too creative for Joyce

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

He’s got a bit of a personality plus too creative are two big No’s.

Pros....Yeah but has the right hair style and can run for 90mins. 

Con's...name is a bit to wogy 

Edited by AXIOM

20 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I hope we're not going to act on anything - arrival or departure - until our season is over and the future of Joyce is decided by CFG.

Unless it's overseen by a director of football. In a well run coherent club that would be perfectly fine 

59 minutes ago, Afif Adam said:

If word is true that Janjetovic is coming to us then say goodbye to next season ...clumsier than 2017/18 Bouzanis

WTF do we want a 31-y-o keeper for?

1 hour ago, Chris p said:

Unless it's overseen by a director of football. In a well run coherent club that would be perfectly fine 

With Petrillo still there I'm sure that there will be at least one recruiting absolute fuck-up this off-season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, playmaker said:

Sad if he goes.

He's shit. Outright shit. Why? Because he's no better than Australian wingers. Wales has outperformed him over the course of the season. Trash. Get rid of him.  

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, n i k o said:

He's shit. Outright shit. Why? Because he's no better than Australian wingers. Wales has outperformed him over the course of the season. Trash. Get rid of him.  

Can't hear you.

Exactly the same as Kamau, you know, the player you said might have been good enough for the Spanish league.

:droy:

Credit to Wazza though, because at least he plays Wales in a limited capacity after identifying he is shit after starting him earlier on in the season.

If  we had a decent striker from the start of the season and McLaren stopped picking his arse and got into good positions Florin would have many assists and be our best player by far.

We will see what happens in these finals.

The cream always rises to the top, let's just see who stands out on Sunday.

9 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Can't hear you.

Exactly the same as Kamau, you know, the player you said might have been good enough for the Spanish league.

:droy:

Credit to Wazza though, because at least he plays Wales in a limited capacity after identifying he is shit after starting him earlier on in the season.

If  we had a decent striker from the start of the season and McLaren stopped picking his arse and got into good positions Florin would have many assists and be our best player by far.

We will see what happens in these finals.

The cream always rises to the top, let's just see who stands out on Sunday.

You're wrong. Recheck what my intended point was about Kamau. 

Where was your star visa player from round 1-25?? 

12 hours ago, n i k o said:

You're wrong. Recheck what my intended point was about Kamau. 

Where was your star visa player from round 1-25?? 

If you can read many of my previous posts I pointed out that he was a mistake signing, however he destroys Wales in every respect and from memory he owned that left side against the Reds last match and destroyed Marrone.

As I said, the cream rises to the top, let's just see how he plays on Sunday when it's matters the most.

2 hours ago, playmaker said:

If you can read many of my previous posts I pointed out that he was a mistake signing.

To be fair, in most of your posts it actually came across that Florin is the best thing ever happened to Melbourne City. He just is played 20m to the left hence not he is not playing us to Victory. I'm glad that now we can all agree, he is no asset to the club and team for a visa player.

I do appreciate that you always seem to have lots of patience with players like Koren, Budzinski and now Florin - where many of us quickly to doom them!

2 hours ago, playmaker said:

You need to change your diet if that's the case as you are having way too much fat and not enough fibre.

:)

Not true.....If your shit floats it's meant to be a good thing. I have a friend that's an expert on everything shit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AXIOM said:

Not true.....If your shit floats it's meant to be a good thing. I have a friend that's an expert on everything shit. 

Ok, so if floating shit is awesome then tell Jovan that he paid Florin a compliment.

Good shit floats and cream rises to the top.

Same same.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, playmaker said:

Ok, so if floating shit is awesome then tell Jovan that he paid Florin a compliment.

Good shit floats and cream rises to the top.

Same same.

No, this is where you are a little confused. I basically said Florin has been shit. 

Now I will conceed his last month has been less shit even borderline quality but overall his level and performances this season is shit. 

I don't think in anyway that can be interpreted as a complement even if you used your warped logic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jake said:

I don’t think that is a very sensible idea.

Why not? That's exactly what Sydney and victory have done and they have been pretty successful. Its been shown that there is no point have 18 or 19 players who can step in and having an even squad. May as well have 13 or 14 taking up 90% of cap and fill the rest with kids who can develop 

35 minutes ago, neio said:

Why not? That's exactly what Sydney and victory have done and they have been pretty successful. Its been shown that there is no point have 18 or 19 players who can step in and having an even squad. May as well have 13 or 14 taking up 90% of cap and fill the rest with kids who can develop 

Think he was being sarcastic! Indicating how incompetent our management comes across. 

11 hours ago, neio said:

Stop it your making to much sense. If they did that our youth might stay....Metcalfe Najjarime etc. 

42 minutes ago, HughJass said:

With Western United coming into the League this was always going to happen. It wouldn't be possible to have all eight coming on to senior contracts with City - just not enough room.

9 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

With Western United coming into the League this was always going to happen. It wouldn't be possible to have all eight coming on to senior contracts with City - just not enough room.

So if you had 22 senior contracted players 8 of which were so called youth then having 14 senior players is not enough??

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, AXIOM said:

So if you had 22 senior contracted players 8 of which were so called youth then having 14 senior players is not enough??

Plus they all play on different positions pretty much - why couldn't these youth players be on a senior contract in the 22 squad and act as back up.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

It wouldn't be possible to have all eight coming on to senior contracts with City - just not enough room.

There would only be not enough room if most of your non starting players are on decent money, this is where is goes wrong with us - players like Griffiths, Vidosic, La Rocca, Birigitti etc....

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic