jw1739

7 hours ago, Originalmeme said:

just imagine

Bouz

Muscat (even Kamau-killed us at rb)   Jakobsen Tongyik  pieras

Kilkenny    Genreau

Marcin

Nando         Bruno           Arzani

bench of Mauk, O halloran, Malik, Caceres im frothing!!!

I respectfully disagree a lot of those players drove us nuts you’re overrating a few of them 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, citypool said:

I respectfully disagree a lot of those players drove us nuts you’re overrating a few of them 

My post wasn't, of course, suggesting that all the outward moves should not have happened. Rather it was intended to illustrate how much turnover there has been in the two years of Joyce's tenure as manager. I'm left wondering just what this new culture is that Joyce is supposed to be bringing to us? I can't see that you can have any enduring culture when you have such a high turnover of players.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

My post wasn't, of course, suggesting that all the outward moves should not have happened. Rather it was intended to illustrate how much turnover there has been in the two years of Joyce's tenure as manager. I'm left wondering just what this new culture is that Joyce is supposed to be bringing to us? I can't see that you can have any enduring culture when you have such a high turnover of players.

I wonder what will transpire over the next few months. I suspect it will get worse before it gets better. Unless, of course, it just keeps getting worse. 

43 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Ok fair enough I also feel like it effects the fans we don’t really have any club legends besides kisnorbo. Bruno was the closest thing we had 

we don’t really have any club legends 

No-one has stayed long enough...

I think only Germano has entered the vernacular of this Forum, but even "to be out for a Germano" doesn't have any meaning anywhere else. So, no legends. Not even Bruno I'm afraid.

12 hours ago, Originalmeme said:

just imagine

Bouz

Muscat (even Kamau-killed us at rb)   Jakobsen Tongyik  pieras

Kilkenny    Genreau

Marcin

Nando         Bruno           Arzani

bench of Mauk, O halloran, Malik, Caceres im frothing!!!

Yeah, nah. That defence is shite. We'd lose 4-3 every time with that team... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JMSTEP123 said:

Thought Birri was off to Victory?

Iss Genreau coming back too?

i'd hate to see that cos he'll remind us of what we could've had behind the back 4, still baffles me that he hasn't played a game for us since the pre season game that was behind closed doors.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, JMSTEP123 said:

Thought Birri was off to Victory?

Iss Genreau coming back too?

36 minutes ago, Afif Adam said:

i'd hate to see that cos he'll remind us of what we could've had behind the back 4, still baffles me that he hasn't played a game for us since the pre season game that was behind closed doors.

Birighitti is contracted for two more seasons. I'd say that the problem is that every time Galekovic looks as though he's just going through the motions he then produces a blinder to ensure that he keeps his place. Then again, anything could happen under Joyce, as we've seen.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

I get the disharmony but what about contractually? Maybe he has done enough in Europe to warrant a permanent move?

I don't think he's had a single minute so far.

Do we really have to have a dead shit like Kalac as a GK coach?

1 hour ago, Imtellingyou said:

Kalac elevated Galekovic.  He worked well with Sydney's goalkeepers. 

Kalac told Eugene he was a fat f*ck and he'd be on the bench all year.

Euge then lost the weight and rolled back the clock. Kalac tries to take the credit for the turnaround. 

1 hour ago, Imtellingyou said:

Kalac elevated Galekovic.  He worked well with Sydney's goalkeepers. 

Are you referring to Wanderers? He fell out with literally all of them. Janjetovic had just signed a 4 year deal so Kalac had to go when the disagreements began. 

6 hours ago, Bob Latchford said:

Kalac told Eugene he was a fat f*ck and he'd be on the bench all year.

Euge then lost the weight and rolled back the clock. Kalac tries to take the credit for the turnaround. 

Are you referring to Wanderers? He fell out with literally all of them. Janjetovic had just signed a 4 year deal so Kalac had to go when the disagreements began. 

So Kalac told Euge to lose weight and he did but Kalac deserves no credit for Eugene’s awesome condition?

OK.

Is there anyone we should go for in the npl or abroad?

Maybe we could give James Brown (Hume City) another go, but play him as a central midfielder this time instead of a left back.

He has 8 goals in 9 games, it's a pretty good return for a central midfielder. Only a striker in Alex Salmon (visa Englishman) has scored more in the NPL Vic.

1 hour ago, moops said:

Maybe we could give James Brown (Hume City) another go, but play him as a central midfielder this time instead of a left back.

He has 8 goals in 9 games, it's a pretty good return for a central midfielder. Only a striker in Alex Salmon (visa Englishman) has scored more in the NPL Vic.

Brown studies at latrobe and does work with City in the Community still. If he was going to be signed up it would've happened already. 

On 18/04/2019 at 0:08 PM, Originalmeme said:

rather give liam boland a go.  hes actually a great striker at avondale, proven in the ffa cup (socred two against sydney).  Would join Kaine sheppard and Elvis Kamsoba that have gone from avo in the past two seasons.  Big guy, great with his feet why not.

I understand what you are saying, but a central midfielder being second in the goal tally is as stand out as you can get.

• jw1739 pinned this topic