Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

Simple explanation to that is this has been dragging on way longer than even the players expected. They may have thought that by now either Bruno would be back or he would be gone. Sounds as though the players are also frustrated this hasn't been dealt with already either way it goes. This is further backed up by the comments of frustration regarding the lack of having a proper number 9. Whether that player is Bruno or someone else is not the issue amongst the team. Furthermore also explains why there wasn't a dip in performance when Bruno wasn't there. 

Edited by n i k o

Brattan has changed his story and view on Bruno. No other club has signed anyone really.  Wanderers got Aussie back from the lowest German professional division. It shows how hard is to find a decent cheap player. Of course, Joyce is not into Latino market, unlike the rest of CFG. Anyway, we are linked to Keogh, Taggart, Nabout and JM, hence no worries 

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

If there is no change in behaviour and the set cultural standards are compromised how would that look to the other players, particularly the ones that have been reprimanded previously? What would their reaction be if they see that this is the case? Once you lose players in this way in my experience it's very difficult to get that same respect back. Curious on your thoughts based on your post...

I think Brattan has answered that, and so too has Jamieson, the captain. They want it resolved just as we do. They want to "win something and be serious." You don't lose face with anyone for being sensible and reach a compromise for the sake of the club, the players, the staff and the fans - in my opinion it's exactly the opposite. You're more of a man (or woman) and you grow in stature for standing up and saying that you and whomever you're disagreeing with are moving on because not to hurts a whole lot of others.

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I think Brattan has answered that, and so too has Jamieson, the captain. They want it resolved just as we do. They want to "win something and be serious." You don't lose face with anyone for being sensible and reach a compromise for the sake of the club, the players, the staff and the fans - in my opinion it's exactly the opposite. You're more of a man (or woman) and you grow in stature for standing up and saying that you and whomever you're disagreeing with are moving on because not to hurts a whole lot of others.

This is why i said it would be a massive PR win for WJ if he could resolve this. Nothing about being right or wrong, just to show the fans and the public that you want the best possible outcome for the team - who cares if he means it deep down or not. Just show everyone you care and want this resolved. His job probably rests on it tbh, so show us you want this fixed.

The longer it draws out, the worse it looks for everyone. It's about time someone comes down from CFG and gives each of these two a good old 60s Greek sideburn twist.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, neio said:

Luke Brattan on SEN this morning 

“Hopefully we can sort out this striker situation,” Brattan told SEN Breakfast.

“It’s been going on for too long now. If we are serious about winning anything, then we need a number nine that can finish off chances.”

Brattan also explained the players mindset towards the Fornaroli saga, saying frustration is starting to creep in.

“It’s not easy, especially with Bruno being a marquee and all that sort of thing, it makes it very very hard,” he said.

“You could say (the players are) frustrated

I’m sure the club and Bruno are hopefully working together to sort it out.

“It’s not good for Bruno sitting in the stands not playing and it’s not a good look for the club, with the marquee sitting in the stands.

“It’s been going on for a long time, we get asked a lot about it and if we want to win anything and be serious, then we need a striker.”

Bold stuff. He's right of course, and Jamo said something similar a couple of weeks back, but less bluntly. 

28 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Completely fair point Jw, as long as whatever the path chosen impacts the team in a positive way I'm all for it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, neio said:

saying frustration is starting to creep in.

9 hours ago, neio said:

“It’s been going on for too long now. If we are serious about winning anything, then we need a number nine that can finish off chances.”

Ripples everywhere morphing into a tsunami.

The storm is coming.

303.gif.8f87fe419f7f5337faeda76418c11852.gif

Star striker Bruno Fornaroli has played his last Melbourne City game, with coach Warren Joyce revealing there was no chance of a reconciliation despite his team’s dearth of attacking options.

David Davutovic article, Can anyone see the rest of the article? That's all I can see without paying

22 minutes ago, neio said:

Star striker Bruno Fornaroli has played his last Melbourne City game, with coach Warren Joyce revealing there was no chance of a reconciliation despite his team’s dearth of attacking options.

David Davutovic article, Can anyone see the rest of the article? That's all I can see without paying

This is what I referenced last night. Pretty much says he's played his last game unless he sucks his balls in front of everyone.

31 minutes ago, rass said:

This is what I referenced last night. Pretty much says he's played his last game unless he sucks his balls in front of everyone.

Disgrace!!!

15 hours ago, AlexJones said:

Piss Wazza off the scum bag. Sick off all this bullshit thats been going on this season. Wouldn't surprise me if he stops playing Brattan now and keeps playing white Bruce and Riley McDick. On top of that keeps subbing on the Arzani Wannabe Rami.

Fair enough set standards but fuk me its not the military!! We play in summer, his use to wet weather English football played in winter!! 

Going by Brattans comments everything is about to explode!!!

2 minutes ago, dconder13 said:

Just hope Wazza somehow gets sacked at the end of the season and Bruno stays with the new gaffer playing exciting, attacking football and we get 12k to every game 

Nah, get rid of both of them tbh.

Or actually, just swap Fornaroli for Arnautovic. They're both unhappy and not playing atm....

One from left field, and in no way will fill the void currently present by Bruno's absence but we should offer Harry Sawyer a trial at the very least. Big tall number 9 only 22 years old, has been scoring goals for fun in phillipines and hong kong (yes I know not strong leagues) but asian stints like this did no harm for players like Petratos and Nabbout. 

He at least would provide us with a focal point off the bench, if he was successful with a trial, also he wouldnt be someone who would be on huge wages. I wonder if Joyce and the crew even know he exists 

4 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Interesting if true. Presumably sacrificing one of our 17 DM's to make room for a better quality winger/striker?

According to my information the source is reliable. Malik's contract expires at the end of the season, and it looks as though he's lost his place anyway, so if it helps the salary cap situation maybe it's a good move.

• jw1739 pinned this topic