Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

I would envision the plan is something like this...

Galekovic
RDL               Delbo          Bort        Jamo
                     Brattan   Baccus

McGree                                            Wales
                 Maclaren     Keogh

which can easily switch to our standard 433 by dragging one of them to a wing and dragging probably Wales for Malik. Plenty of flexibility by that set up, and we have the engines in McGree, Wales, RDL and Jamo to get up and down. I think it works even better if its Nabbout rather than Maclaren tbh.

Yeah, I think the second option fits more as I think our form and results show that Brattan is better higher up the pitch at the moment. I think Joyce would want to start one of either Griffiths or Malik and I cant see him going to a back 3 now either.

Interesting whatever happens and gives us great flexibility. No excuses for the gaffer now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rass said:

Yeah, I think the second option fits more as I think our form and results show that Brattan is better higher up the pitch at the moment. I think Joyce would want to start one of either Griffiths or Malik and I cant see him going to a back 3 now either.

Interesting whatever happens and gives us great flexibility. No excuses for the gaffer now.

Except that I'm not certain what if anything is going to happen.... Could be sound and fury signifying nothing... 

17 minutes ago, Imtellingyou said:

Davutovic still needs to write articles to sell the papers. 

It's all this is true then it goes into opposite direction of the current business. Keogh deal sounds illogical. How will Bart react to not getting marquee wages. 

Well he still might as De Laet is only on a 1 year loan so he might replace De Laet as marquee 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

Lighten up JW geezzz 😂😂😂

Normally I would let it go. But this is a pretty sensitive time when there are different stories swirling around - Fornaroli, Keogh, MacLaren, Nabbout - and I don't think it is helpful just at this time.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, silloth52 said:

what about joyce biggest joker around but you let him coach our team ffs

I do have a number of responsibilities in my job, but last time I looked the hiring and firing of the team manager of Melbourne City was not part of my job description... 

30 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Image result for stick in the mud

Very good BT. My sense of humour approves. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Normally I would let it go. But this is a pretty sensitive time when there are different stories swirling around - Fornaroli, Keogh, MacLaren, Nabbout - and I don't think it is helpful just at this time.

I agree JW, stuff em.

7 days into the transfer window with so many critical things up in the air and Joyce and Petrillo are at Bundoora bashing their dicks against light poles.

We need a striker you inept morons.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, playmaker said:

7 days into the transfer window with so many critical things up in the air and Joyce and Petrillo are at Bundoora bashing their dicks against light poles.

We need a striker you inept morons.

...what is wrong with you man???

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

I agree with JW. Im finding it very hard lately to control my emotions with all this stuff going on and jokes like these dont help. 

3 hours ago, fensaddler said:

This is bollocks. There is nothing on the official Hibs feed. Don't post crap for attention you adolescent muppet. 

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

1 hour ago, AXIOM said:

I agree with JW. Im finding it very hard lately to control my emotions with all this stuff going on and jokes like these dont help. 

Really............ 😂🤣 you guys cant be serious!

Im giving out free hugs at Aisle 14 on friday night and i suggest you all come and grab one.

• Thanks 1

I can't see why any of the rumoured signings would want to transfer in during the January window. Keogh has his family settled in Perth and wants to stay there long-term, other names are trying to establish themselves overseas and it would be a big gamble to come back here for half a season when the coach's contract expires at season's end and they may not be retained by a new coach. Our player retention stats are terrible anyway. Keogh is the only mentioned player that would fit into Joyce's 'system' anyway

1 hour ago, Heart of Melbourne said:

4 GAME UNBEATEN STREAK

Playing devils advocate. 

Joyce's philosophy play well and train well and you keep your place in the team. If we continue on this unbeaten streak and the players train well and play well. When will he play his new players. He has proven with this unbeaten streak at moment he does not need them other than for cover.

From the Daily Football Show

Melbourne City Head Coach Warren Joyce has, once again, played a straight bat when questioned on the future of sidelined striker Bruno Fornaroli ahead of his side’s meeting with Brisbane Roar on Friday night.

Thirty-one-year-old Fornaroli has not featured for City since he was sensationally benched ahead of a clash with the Roar in round five, with it increasingly becoming apparent that the ongoing standoff between Joyce – who has the backing of City management – and Fornaroli means that the Uruguayan talisman has played his last game for the club.

Reports from the Herald Sun during the week have raised the prospect of a blockbuster “trade” between City and Perth Glory that would resolve the situation, with City sending their all-time leading goal scorer West in exchange for Irish striker Andy Keough.

Though the move would present a back down from City’s reported earlier position that they would not send Fornaroli to another A-League club, it would serve to benefit the club on multiple fronts; finally ending what has become a bitter battle between the club and one of its few icons as well as bringing in some much needed firepower up front for a side that has been starting converted midfielder Lachie Wales as a lone striker.

Joyce, nevertheless, refused to be drawn on the conjecture when speaking to the media on Thursday morning.

“Obviously, there’ll be speculation on Bruno all the way through this window,” the City gaffer said.

“I think if anything happens we’ll tell you about it but at the minute there’s nothing that I would comment on that one.

“We’re just looking at, we haven’t got space available to bring a marquee player in.

“We’re just looking at the other end of it where we’ve got a little bit of money for O’Halloran.

“So, we’re just looking at that one, trying to find someone who fits the bill in that area of the pitch who will come in under the cap.

Joyce will be playing his cards close but I wouldn't be getting too excited about a useful striker signing

22 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Something just in the Herald-Sun "subscription only" news (that I cannot access) says that City are refusing to let Bruno Fornaroli join Perth.

image.png.bb621f5b2314be91f5aef4a3bdd24f30.png

Melbourne City refuse to let want-away striker Bruno Fornaroli join Perth Glory

David Davutovic, Herald Sun
an hour ago
Subscriber only

The trade between Bruno Fornaroli and Perth’s Andy Keogh has come to a standstill with Melbourne City playing hardball with their want-away marquee star.

Fornaroli, whose $1.5 million contract expires in May, is understood to have been told by City that he can join any A-League club except Perth Glory.

It sets up for an intriguing negotiation ahead of A-League transfer deadline day on January 31, with City coach Warren Joyce desperate to sign a proven striker in their bid to challenge for the title.

a62e5bcdfcb11052122dac99da138297?width=1024Bruno Fornaroli still has his mate at City.

Joyce did not rule out signing Keogh, 32, who he coached at Leeds United’s academy.

A marquee offer would be needed to get Socceroo striker Jamie Maclaren over the line, who has emerged as a preferred option for some of City Football Group’s hierarchy.

But it would appear difficult for City to fit in Maclaren, who is on loan to Hibernian from Germans Darmstadt, without moving Fornaroli and vacating a marquee spot.

The predatory instincts of Keogh, who’s scored seven goals this season, and Maclaren, 25, would appeal to Joyce, who is deploying minimum wage Lachlan Wales in a makeshift striker’s role, while Fornaroli is watching on from the stands.

4ffe53ad6fb88e226970465fefed86c3?width=1024Playing Lachlan Wales instead is surely hurting City’s chances. (AAP Image/Julian Smith)

“I would imagine there’s loads of conversations going on about Bruno, people at the club will tell me if there’s anything concrete with any decisions to make but so far I don’t know that one,’’ Joyce said.

“I wouldn’t talk about (Keogh) out of respect for (Glory). They’re obviously top of the league, you wouldn’t disrupt another player or club.

“I know him (Keogh), that’s not a secret. He’s a good player, he’s done great for them, they’re top of the league.

“We’re just looking at, we haven’t got a space available to bring a marquee player in. We’ve got a bit of money for (departing Michael) O’Halloran so we’re just looking at (an attacker) who will come in under the cap.”

Play
Mute

0:00
/
1:49
Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%
Fullscreen
39441714b6d8d890882052934984b67b
player
Manchester City embarrass Burton Albion in Carabao Cup

Joyce praised Wales and the attackers, who’ve stood up in the absence of City’s club record goalscorer who was axed after “failing to meet required standards” in late November.

“They’re doing a great job. We’ve put pressure on them and we’re one of the youngest, cheapest sides in the league really,’’ he said.

“They’ve rotated positions on how you’ve asked them. Lachie Wales, to be fair to him, has done a great job up there, not just leading the line by himself, he’s had the burden of people looking at him.

“You’d like to just have over this time just fresh faces just to throw on and off.”

Same article as late yesterday

26 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Something just in the Herald-Sun "subscription only" news (that I cannot access) says that City are refusing to let Bruno Fornaroli join Perth.

image.png.bb621f5b2314be91f5aef4a3bdd24f30.png

Who'd want to join a club like this when not only will they not let him play but also not grant his wish to move to a new club.

Absolute disgraceful behaviour. 

4 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

Who'd want to join a club like this when not only will they not let him play but also not grant his wish to move to a new club.

Absolute disgraceful behaviour. 

I would have thought that City would have said "You can go, but not to another A-League club" rather than "You can go to any A-League club except Perth." The latter doesn't make sense to me.

Why not just just call a truce until the end of the season, when Bruno can go anywhere he likes?

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I would have thought that City would have said "You can go, but not to another A-League club" rather than "You can go to any A-League club except Perth." The latter doesn't make sense to me.

Why not just just call a truce until the end of the season, when Bruno can go anywhere he likes?

..because then they won't be able to spend up on their next attacking target.

So really what they are saying is that they don't want Bruno to go to Perth because:

It will strengthen their team,

Increase their chance of winning,

Bruno is better than Keogh.

Bruno would have scored more than 7 goals if he was playing.

Bruno is still the best striker in the league,

And they have compromised our success by not playing Bruno.

What a disgrace.

This club is cooked.

FK em Bruno, dig you heels in and see out your contract.

Who do these dicks think they are treating players and supporters like this

Honestly, I am ready to cancel my membership until these morons are gone.

The whole lot of them a pieces of shit

Edited by playmaker
  • Like 5

• jw1739 pinned this topic