Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

Just now, Heart of Melbourne said:

Not sure if popovic will do this deal. Why change a winning squad. They are playing some great football 

He will only do it if he thinks it will make his team stronger. I agree he will not do it if it disrupts or weakens his squad.

Keogh is classic Joyceball lop it to the centrefoward lone ball to the striker English 1980’s. lol. Got rid of every ounce of creativity.  Out of any striker we choose  a grub of a player and why would he want to leave top of the league side.

if this is true we well and truly have Joyce ball English style long ball 

• Like 1

I just don't understand Melbourne City. Just looks like panic stations to me. A manager and a marquee player who have harsh words and can't resolve it over a beer and a handshake? Worse than two kindergarten kids squabbling in a sand-pit. FMD, if Joyce can't get on with Bruno, how on earth does he think he'll get on with Keogh?

The whole world and all we can find is Keogh?

I'd rather persevere with Wales. Hopefully, Popovic and Keogh will squash the idea.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

Keogh is classic Joyceball lop it to the centrefoward lone ball to the striker English 1980’s. lol. Got rid of every ounce of creativity.  Out of any striker we choose  a grub of a player and why would he want to leave top of the league side.

But aren’t we playing that already so we need a fast good finisher ? Plus he gets dangerous in set pieces unlike any of our current 11

If Bruno goes to another A-League team he will be playing with fire in his belly.

2 minutes ago, HughJass said:

Mariners fans seem to think Bruno is going to them and Matt Millar O'Hallorans replacement 

It was speculated on fox sports due to Mulvey and CCM exec being at our game yesterday.

2 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

But aren’t we playing that already so we need a fast good finisher ? Plus he gets dangerous in set pieces unlike any of our current 11

Keogh isn’t a good finisher, watching their crazy win over Brisbane on the weekend - he butchered many chances only to head a goal in an open goal.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

I'm not a massive fan of Keogh but he does score goals. Definitely no Bruno.

...but disagree on your assessment of just a long ball striker. Didn't he score a shitload of goals with Castro supporting/supplying him?

If it's true and our other new player is finally a proper creative #10, then it may work.

9 minutes ago, NuggetsMcGreggor said:

Why would Mulvey go to a game that Bruno was no chance of playing in? Maybe they were there to see someone else, Brattan perhaps. 

Lots of business is done around games - let’s say they were in Melbourne to negotiate with either a player or club and they have been invited to visit the game.

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I just don't understand Melbourne City. Just looks like panic stations to me. A manager and a marquee player who have harsh words and can't resolve it over a beer and a handshake? Worse than two kindergarten kids squabbling in a sand-pit. FMD, if Joyce can't get on with Bruno, how on earth does he think he'll get on with Keogh?

I'd rather persevere with Wales. Hopefully, Popovic and Keogh will squash the idea.

People skills at its finest. Joyce doesnt like you, if you answer back, have a difference of opinion you`re on your bike!!!

Kilkenny would be in Keogh ear telling him not to go so i highly doubt itll happen!!

Joyce use to coach Keogh so he knows him and itll be "his signing"

Edited by AntiScum

Can’t wait for this god awful Joyce era to be over.

if this swap happens. You can just see it now, Bruno will become a world beater again and then in a year or so become a citizen and no longer require a visa spot

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Welcome to my world. This is what I thought after the Cahill situation and all I’ve seen since then has only reinforced my view. Wish our gaffer would grow the fuck up and stop acting like a petulant child.

O’Halloran homesick. Yeah whatever. Joyceitis more bloody likely.

14 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I think the thing here, at least from how it looks to me, is that its not about a squabble or not getting on with each other at all. It's that Joyce sets these standards within the group that have to be met, and to him it doesnt matter who you are or what you've done, you have to meet the standards or you will be duly dealt with. The ultimate example of treating all squad members equally if you like. The issue with this is not everyone produces the same output with the same input, and those that produce more output with less input get annoyed about having to do the same as everyone else, esp when it impacts the players comfort levels. Kind of like how a tradie gives all the shit jobs to the apprentice and doesn't think they should have to do that hard work any more than on occasion as they've been there done that.

I'd guess from Joyce's point of view its not about reconciling anything, its about the player meeting the standards full stop. In that respect i don't think he's being at all petulant or even unreasonable; his issue is that that approach has its inherent flaws, and his apparent man management issues are exacerbating that even more.

• jw1739 pinned this topic