Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

• 2 weeks later...

Just going off twitter rumors, looks like we have signed Baccus (the older brother) from WSW. His not the best player, I must say and not sure why we need another mid. 

His the guy who got subbed against us two weeks ago and cracked the shits as he left the field.

12 minutes ago, ABC123 said:

Just going off twitter rumors, looks like we have signed Baccus (the older brother) from WSW. His not the best player, I must say and not sure why we need another mid. 

His the guy who got subbed against us two weeks ago and cracked the shits as he left the field.

I'd prefer Wales.... Im sure there would be a VISA player somewhere better than Baccus

2 hours ago, ABC123 said:

Possibly an injury replacement?

Subject to FFA approval we would probably be entitled to sign an injury replacement for O'Halloran, and for Malik if his injury is long-term.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rayv36 said:

The guys a dickhead but I’ve got faith Wazza will put him in his place or he’ll end up in the abyss like Killa

Im not too concerned. With MOH injured it actually means we might see Wales geting more games (hopefully improving). or less conflict between players who can play CAM & LW/RW.

I doubt Baccus will even make the bench most games

Edited by haz

10 minutes ago, Afif Adam said:

Despite his issues, he’s played some decent games last season...he’s quick on feet determined on brave passes and has the height to win air balls...potentially some competition for Griffiths

Brick wall vs twig. No chance

• Like 1

4 hours ago, haz said:

Not too keen, but I dont expect him to even make the bench somegames. Maybe he will turn into another Fitzy type player?

Just drove straight to shep from western sdyney and straight into the starting 11. We might have to get use to him playing more then we think. 

2 minutes ago, AXIOM said:

Just drove straight to shep from western sdyney and straight into the starting 11. We might have to get use to him playing more then we think. 

Not when Mcgree, Vidosic and Griffiths arnt in the starting 11 of a trial game.

WELLINGTON PHOENIX’S STEVEN TAYLOR: “Every team has top players. It doesn’t matter who it is, I’ll give them the same respect as if they were in the Premier League.”

SYDNEY FC’S ADAM LE FONDRE: “Not that I know of. I’m looking to make their lives a living hell rather than the other way around!”

There you have it... Manchester City’s Bart Schenkeveld among the toughest to play against!

when did he go article in foxsports news about toughest players in a league

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, haz said:

If only we had signed Ikonomidis... :(

There was media speculation that we were talking with a number of players during the off-season - and previously - but in the end these players signed elsewhere.

CFG might be attractive to young players, because they can see a pathway to elsewhere if they're good enough. However, I'm not convinced that we're an attractive proposition to more mature players. Not convinced at all. We're not a successful club on the field,  and some of our more highly publicised departures don't exactly reflect well on our player management.

• Like 1

It's a big risk signing foreign players and hoping they'll adapt to the league, surely if there is a foreign player who comes into this league on a short term contract and excels we should be looking to sign them at the expiry of their contract for an immediate impact. Two from last season that come to mind are Leroy George and Pato Rodriguez, both would've made a huge impact in the final third instead of signing DeLaet and Berenguer. 

If CFG don't want to sign big name marquee players with over inflated wages at least stump up the money to sign players who are proven to be elite in this competition if they have genuine interest in this club being successful.

7 hours ago, mus-28 said:

It's a big risk signing foreign players and hoping they'll adapt to the league, surely if there is a foreign player who comes into this league on a short term contract and excels we should be looking to sign them at the expiry of their contract for an immediate impact. Two from last season that come to mind are Leroy George and Pato Rodriguez, both would've made a huge impact in the final third instead of signing DeLaet and Berenguer. 

If CFG don't want to sign big name marquee players with over inflated wages at least stump up the money to sign players who are proven to be elite in this competition if they have genuine interest in this club being successful.

Nico Martinez from WSW comes to mind would have been perfect 

• jw1739 pinned this topic