Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

Just now, Mr MO said:

Release LaRocca and get him under cap and as rumoured this foreign marque who was having medical the other day.

Releasing LaRocca doesn’t free up a visa spot.

as it stands we only have one Visa spot.

cant see Bart or Bruno being released and we’ve only just signed frenchy and O’halloran 

9 minutes ago, HughJass said:

Found this interesting said he did well as wing back but struggles as a CB https://7500toholte.sbnation.com/2018/8/2/17629968/aston-villa-2018-19-player-preview-ritchie-de-laet

Well if that’s the case we don’t need a RB we have Atkinson and Pierias . 

Dont know how I feel signing a marquee CB considering we have Delbridge, La Rocca and if needed Malik who can play CB

I guess Good rumour wasn’t true 

Edited by CityBoyz

Football is a wonderful game, full of differing opinions and that what makes it great. Someone mentions a position that needs filled and the debate erupts in to a frenzy. We have sufficient cover up front, do need and more players there. We are overloaded with midfield players certainly not need here. At the back we have more than enough players that cover a back 4 or back 3. So in conclusion we do not need any more players. Opinions long may the reign.  Now let the eruption commence. 

Edited by Inchcolm
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Heart of oakleigh said:

If we sign him is he going to slot in right next to Bart as a centre back? With atkinson and jamieson as fullbacks in a back 4. 

I dont really understand the suggestion of how the 3CBs and one fullback system can work in a back 4.

Kind of a back three in attack, back four in defence setup id imagine. No different to a four with one stay at home FB.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Heart of oakleigh said:

If we sign him is he going to slot in right next to Bart as a centre back? With Atkinson and Jamieson as fullbacks in a back 4. 

I don't really understand the suggestion of how the 3CBs and one fullback system can work in a back

16 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Kind of a back three in attack, back four in defence setup id imagine. No different to a four with one stay at home FB.

Yea this is how it seems to be. Very interesting how our starting XI looks. Mooy's Pasty Belgium Cousin hasn't played as a CB for a full season in a few years. So it looks like Atkinson is going to be dropped to the bench this year, unless we play Atkinson--DeLaet--Bort--Jamieson just as a regular back four and Delbridge gets dropped.

I just wonder that if we do go for 3-ATB in attack and 5-ATB in defence, if our players are smart enough to stay concentrated on this during games

On 18/12/2014 at 10:30 AM, Dylan said:

I think JVS pretty much confirmed yesterday that there will be at least two or one change.  Most likely from trading other players from aleague clubs and would probably be defenders.

I would say Germano and Miller would be gone, so thats two Visa spots and we already know Kalmar will probably be traded. We were after Clisby in the preseason  so will probably go after him again and Galloway has apparently been shopped around so thats another option,n ot sure if there are any other decent left backs at other clubs not getting games.

I hope we go after Birighitti.  He issnt getting games at Newcastle and he is a great keeper, one of the best last season. Lucky for us that Redmayne is from around there too ;)

We got your man 

• jw1739 pinned this topic