Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

Just now, Missing_Moy said:

Unless birighitti is cheaper than bouzanis then itā€™s a giant waste of time and salarycap money!Ā 

If bouzanis is a 7/10 keeper and birighitti is slightly better I donā€™t see it winning is any more games compared to spending an extra 300k on a Visa CB or WingerĀ 

Yea its very strange. I always thought Galekovic was on about $200k?

I hope they are confident with what they are doing..... Then again it is the Covert Agent most likely talking out of his arse

27 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

And didnā€™t they sign dean to a 5 yr deal?Ā 

IIRC Dean Bouzanis was signed for the 2016/17 season and then had a 3-year extension to 31st May 2020. At the time of the extension it was rumoured that there was overseas interest in him, and the extension was to ensure we received a fee for him. However, no transfer eventuated.

Galekovic is contracted until 31st May 2019. Likewise Delianov (Scholarship).

Bouzanis would never play second fiddle to biraghitti. It will be him that goes. He would get more money in the transfer market than galecovic . Galecovic would be happy to sit out as second keeper. He knows his career is basically over and he is just playing for his retirement fund. Plus the new keeper coach and bouzanis do not see eye to eye. I hear there is some tension through the whole keeper group.Ā 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, neio said:

If birighitti comes Galekovic is the one who has to go. Bouzanis is younger and at the moment a better keeperĀ 

Judging by that performance for NAC Breda, Birighitti is as bad as they come. Very poor positional sense.

On 8/8/2018 at 0:19 PM, Harrison said:

The Walker just tweeted thatĀ the 'club in question wasn't sitting back letting themselves be outdone by the Honda signing.'

And that he remains confident that his info is solid.Ā 

Pretty sure it's about us given his other tweets.Ā 

Ā Ā birighitti seems to be the "big news"Ā 

Gee I must be the only one who is happy with the Birighitti news. Technically a better keeper than Bouzanis IMO.Ā 

It wasn't a position that I was particularly worried about but Birighitti at the top of his game will make us a lot stronger defensively.Ā 

Surprising news.Ā 

Ā 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Gee I must be the only one who is happy with the Birighitti news. Technically a better keeper than Bouzanis IMO.Ā 

It wasn't a position that I was particularly worried about but Birighitti at the top of his game will make us a lot stronger defensively.Ā 

Surprising news.Ā 

I'm surprised too. Just as I thought that Warren Joyce had everything under controlĀ it seems as though there's still some instability in the club. Perhaps the long off-season justĀ gives people too much time to think about themselves rather than going out there and playing football.

BredaĀ has some sort of partnership with CFG doesn't it? Maybe that's a factor in this.

49 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Surprising news.Ā 

Ā 

Yep, I'd say Birighitti would be in the top 2-3 keepers in the A-League if he came back, would tidy up a slightly problematic position for us, but I'd still think it's probably 3rd on our needs in terms of positions at the moment.

13 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Judging by that performance for NAC Breda, Birighitti is as bad as they come. Very poor positional sense.

You cant be serious right?

3 of them were deflected shots, oneĀ was from a horrendous back pass and one was a header from point blank in between 2 defenders.

The saves he made were exceptional.

Ā 

1 minute ago, playmaker said:

You cant be serious right?

3 of them were deflected shots, oneĀ was from a horrendous back pass and one was a header from point blank in between 2 defenders.

The saves he made were exceptional.

Ā 

Yeah I just watched that highlights video and he actually made some good saves. Positionally he was fine. The blunder was terrible but they do happen.

Also, the stats show that AZ had 29 shots. NAC were pummelled so five goals wasn't a surprise.

I'm still skeptical of this deal but I'd be happy with him instead of Bouzanis.Ā 

Have CFG had a bit of inside knowledge that Lowy Jr was quitting? Might be a reason why we havnt heard anything about bigger Signings?

50 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

It's been confirmed in his thread, have a look (or i'll start one dw)

Tastes of Italy?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, haz said:

Have CFG had a bit of inside knowledge that Lowy Jr was quitting? Might be a reason why we havnt heard anything about bigger Signings?

Marwood has made it quite clear that we won't be getting any big signing

Ā 

CFG have been happy to promote their New York franchise -operating in the independent Major League Soccer - by spending on big names. Even though a single A-League high-profile marquee salary would account to little more than 1 per-cent of the reported $361 million annual wage bill of the Manchester City first team, CFG are unconvinced of any benefit in the current Australian market.

"Did the Villa experiment work? Nope, because he wasnā€™t here long enough. Weā€™ve accepted the criticism, weā€™ve dealt with the criticism and moved on. Did the Timmy [Cahill] experiment work? Yes and noā€¦. There were some very special Tim Cahill moments, but also people have to trust us that we kind have run clubs quite successfully." Marwood said. "We have to treat it as a business. Weā€™ve done it in Manchester, we did it in New York and weā€™ll do it here."

It means CFG will adjust their spending to the market. Instead of exciting names, their investment will be directed towards areas within its own control. The academy, coaching development and training facility will be the priority of the club who've found its biggest triumphs in Australia through the pathway for player progression. Notably, that of Socceroo Aaron Mooy. His road from Melbourne City to English Premier League club Huddersfield has only grown CFG's appetite for young Australian talent. Highly-rated youngsters Daniel Arzani and Nathaniel Atkinson appear the next two on the production line directed towards the top European leagues and it won't be long before others are introduced to CFG's global network.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by playmaker

1 hour ago, haz said:

Even if CFG did have any inside knowledge I very much doubt that it would have made any difference to City's plans for 2018/19. Assuming Lowy is not replaced by a clone, it will still take quite some time to implement the changes recommended by the Working Group, and the club representatives themselves were aiming for an independent league no earlier than 2019/20.

Lowy will not leave before November, meaning he's now a "lame duck" Chairman. IMO it's quite possible that FFA will now stall on everything in the pipeline, including Expansion.

I'm hopeful that we will see at least one further visa player added to the squad in the next couple of weeks - last year Schenkeveld was announced on 21st August.

IMO talk of a "big name" for next season is mostly wishful thinking and hope by this Forum.

14 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Even if CFG did have any inside knowledge I very much doubt that it would have made any difference to City's plans for 2018/19. Assuming Lowy is not replaced by a clone, it will still take quite some time to implement the changes recommended by the Working Group, and the club representatives themselves were aiming for an independent league no earlier than 2019/20.

Lowy will not leave before November, meaning he's now a "lame duck" Chairman. IMO it's quite possible that FFA will now stall on everything in the pipeline, including Expansion.

I'm hopeful that we will see at least one further visa player added to the squad in the next couple of weeks - last year Schenkeveld was announced on 21st August.

IMO talk of a "big name" for next season is mostly wishful thinking and hope by this Forum.

Two to three still incoming confirmed by conversations at the kit launch. Fair to think there might be a marquee and/or visa(s) in there, just not a mega name like Honda. All the club have said is that a big name signing is not going to happen. And that's fine by me, as I'm not convinced the big name would be great for us anyway. Our best signings haven't been big names. They've become big names whilst with us.Ā 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Two to three still incoming confirmed by conversations at the kit launch. Fair to think there might be a marquee and/or visa(s) in there, just not a mega name like Honda. All the club have said is that a big name signing is not going to happen. And that's fine by me, as I'm not convinced the big name would be great for us anyway. Our best signings haven't been big names. They've become big names whilst with us.Ā 

Thats it man.

53 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

It's interesting. I had dinner at a mate's place yesterday. His son was there, who's across most things sport but whose primary interest is racing - he is or was a part-owner of a horse. He mentioned Honda, but the player he wanted to talk about was Arzani.Ā 

21 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

It's interesting. I had dinner at a mate's place yesterday. His son was there, who's across most things sport but whose primary interest is racing - he is or was a part-owner of a horse. He mentioned Honda, but the player he wanted to talk about was Arzani.Ā 

I really think Honda is a significant risk. He even came out and said he was about to retire and that he will still continue in a coaching role in Vietnam.

Could just imagine the uproar on this forum if he said that and joined us.

• jw1739 pinned this topic