Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

From Arzani's transfer we got $1.3m AUD.

Assuming all this money (I doubt it) goes towards player wages, what would you rather?

1. A $1.3m per season marquee - 1yr contract
  2. A $800k per season maquee - 2yr contract
  3. One $800k marquee and One $400k VISA - Both 1yr Contracts
  4. One $600k marquee and One $300k VISA - Both 2yr Contracts
  5. One $500k marquee, One $300k VISA, One $200k Aussie - All 2yr Contracts

Senegalese player (defender) failed his medical.

Next two VISA players will be an Attacking mid and a defender. Neither will be house hold names.

The marquee will be an attacking mid, in between the ages of 27 - 30. They are looking for a similar player to Sydney’s polish bold guy.

That’s all I got.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, ABC123 said:

Next two VISA players will be an Attacking mid and a defender. Neither will be house hold names.

The marquee will be an attacking mid, in between the ages of 27 - 30. They are looking for a similar player to Sydney’s polish bold guy.

That’s all I got.

We are either going to put Mcgree/Vidosic/Caceras/Wales at LW then.

When you say 'They are looking....' did they mean they hadnt found someone yet or that 'They are looking at'

Seems like another season where are marquee will be rushed and wont arrive until only a few weeks before season starts

Edited by haz

6 minutes ago, ABC123 said:

That’s all I got.

Good work!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, ABC123 said:

That’s all I got.

There are only two visa spots left, so the marquee must be one of those.

I’ve seen some comments on here about people objecting getting a player in like Ross Mccormack because we have Bruno. Usually I would say there is nothing wrong with having another quality striker? It can very well be that Bruno won’t repeat his first season form.

I get the feeling that Wazza is seeing this second striker role for Vidosic because we have no other options on our list.

I’m reading that we are looking to bring in a visa defender and a attacking Mid, I’m hoping this Marquee is capable of banging in some goals.

Edited by Mr MO

16 minutes ago, DukeVader said:

So we have definitely signed a marquee then?

I probed but was told only that I would find out in due course. Asked about McCormack but was told only that they wish he were back at the club. Obviously players were told to keep a lid on inside goss which is fair enough.

In good news the boys all seem to really gell well. The old and younger players. Seems a good vibe down amongst the players and I think above all we are going to see a season shaped by culture. Some really good people down there. Maybe this is just my pervasive pre season optimism soon to be shattered, but I like this team. I think it is going to be nearly entertaining as our 15/16 season. 

• Like 4

It's good to see that we got Iniesta a loan move from Manus Island while he waits for his Visa to clear (hurry up Dutton!). He'll be fit and healthy to start next season at Aami.

Edited by haz

2 minutes ago, [LIBBA] said:

Tbh even if he was released for nothing, i reckon there'd be a hell of a lot of clubs in for him and that we couldnt compete with the wage offers. Plus there's the factor of his family that live in the UK. No chance imo.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Tbh even if he was released for nothing, i reckon there'd be a hell of a lot of clubs in for him and that we couldnt compete with the wage offers. Plus there's the factor of his family that live in the UK. No chance imo.

Proper contract and family might come with him. Don't underestimate just how exotic and exciting Melbourne is to someone from the UK. Getting out here is still seen as the golden ticket. 

2 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Proper contract and family might come with him. Don't underestimate just how exotic and exciting Melbourne is to someone from the UK. Getting out here is still seen as the golden ticket. 

No chance. His ex-wife/ex-girlfriend (not sure if they were married) has apparently been giving him a really hard time about the break-up, especially with regards to the custody situation.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Embee said:

No chance. His ex-wife/ex-girlfriend (not sure if they were married) has apparently been giving him a really hard time about the break-up, especially with regards to the custody situation.

That sounds fairly terminal. Unless he wants to get well away. Poor bugger, his career and his personal life have been a crock recently by the sound of it. No wonder he looked so miserable at times... 

• Like 2

Cant beleive no european club has offered Yaya a contract yet. He maybe old but he is still a freak and would even be a starter for a lot of European clubs like Benefica imo. And on Ross McCormack, if he would want to come back to the A-League then we would need to get him quick as he is another player a lot of UK clubs would want. I really cant see Eto'o coming here. I hope i am wrong and we try getting him to play aside Bruno as any club would be thrilled to have him. He as well is old but again is still a freak.

I dont know much about Onuoha. All i know is he was a starter for QPR for a while and was decent defender in EFL Championship. Would be a nice asset to have at city as he always need to improve our defence. He had a decent early run with Manchester as well back in 09-10 if i recall it

Edited by xXCiTyZeNXx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

Cant beleive no european club has offered Yaya a contract yet. He maybe old but he is still a freak and would even be a starter for a lot of European clubs like Benefica imo. And on Ross McCormack, if he would want to come back to the A-League then we would need to get him quick as he is another player a lot of UK clubs would want. I really cant see Eto'o coming here. I hope i am wrong and we try getting him to play aside Bruno as any club would be thrilled to have him. He as well is old but again is still a freak.

I dont know much about Onuoha. All i know is he was a starter for QPR for a while and was decent defender in EFL Championship. Would be a nice asset to have at city as he always need to improve our defence. He had a decent early run with Manchester as well back in 09-10 if i recall it

It’s because Yaya has already signed for us 

15 minutes ago, Afif Adam said:

word is Flamini deal is back on and is to be official in the next 72 hours with Brissy, 2 Visa spots for vacant... fingers crossed we're working something out behind closed doors

McCormack, Yaya and Vermaelen

10 minutes ago, [LIBBA] said:

Would we be happy with this?

Without having seen him play, I think so yeh. Right winger that can play as a 10, over 100 games in the PL and over 100 games in the Championship, and only 30. I think he definitely reads well on paper.

21 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Without having seen him play, I think so yeh. Right winger that can play as a 10, over 100 games in the PL and over 100 games in the Championship, and only 30. I think he definitely reads well on paper.

I'd be happy with it.

I've said a number of times that i dont give a shit about a big name marquee just as long as they are a quality footballer.

• Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic