Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

5 hours ago, neio said:

Ideally what I want is for competition for every spot, almost like we could swap our entire team and not have a player from the 2ns XI put of position 

GK Bouzanis and Galekovic

RB Atkinson and Pierias???? 

CB Schenkeveld Delbridge LaRocca ______

LB Jamieson _________

CDM Malik Griffiths 

CM Brattan Caceras McGee Vidosic

RW O'Halloran _______

ST Fornaroli ________

LW Wales _________

We still have a fair few signings to complete, definitely 5 possibly 6 to make our squad anywhere near complete IMO

Some of these gaps will be filled by the best of our youngsters. 

20 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

@fensaddler Do you think we can be competitive if we do this?

If they start the season as competent understudies in some positions, I think we can be. After all, both Arzani and Atkinson prove that there is quality coming through, and that good youngsters can hold their own. And there were others who were on the edge of being good enough, Pierias and Genreau, for example. One or two more will end the season as first sixteen regulars, maybe more, and others will be barely used cover for ever present senior players. It's all a matter of balance, some of those vacant slots do need filling with experienced talent - we're too weak in central defence for example. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ABC123 said:

🇸🇳 incoming...

Cmon mate that much info won't qualify you for a green line

(I really hope you didn't try to display a Cameroon flag)

Anyway

https://www.transfermarkt.com/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=alle&land_id=149&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show

Edited by haz

Yeah well I started on this forum as MLBHRT/MANUTD/ESSENDON and we all know how that went lol especially after saying our endangered species Murdoca wasn’t a creative midfielder... 

Then I sat on the sidelines for a while and made some good contacts at the club and thought I’d start fresh with Info@VW 

Since then I’m the ABC man.

Anyway enough of that... I heard today we a close to signing a player from Senegal, that’s all I got told nothing more. I’ve got some not bad contacts at the club this season so what ever I hear I’ll share. Other than that I’ll be on sidelines reading your posts because mine seem to piss off a few on here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ABC123 said:

Yeah well I started on this forum as MLBHRT/MANUTD/ESSENDON and we all know how that went lol especially after saying our endangered species Murdoca wasn’t a creative midfielder... 

Then I sat on the sidelines for a while and made some good contacts at the club and thought I’d start fresh with Info@VW 

Anyway enough of that... I heard today we a close to signing a player from Senegal, that’s all I got told nothing more. I’ve got some not bad contacts at the club this season so what ever I hear I’ll share. Other than that I’ll be on sidelines reading your posts because mine seem to piss off a few on here.

Mane mane ? 

10 minutes ago, ABC123 said:

Finally someone with contacts at the club. Feel free to share everything u hear. Its a long off season and some of us are losing our minds.

44 minutes ago, ABC123 said:

You're in/out thread will live on forever ❤️

• Like 1

Hey I must say that was a decent thread lol  

I had Ivan jolic and Joey Didulica giving me whatever I was putting on here, but now my contact isn’t as close to the action but still better than nothing I guess.

disapoonted some of the old school posters have gone quite tho, miss reading comments from Perth/Heart, screamingCactas, Sharpy and the guy who put Rockets up his ass.... Good to see Jw, Niko and Libba still going strong.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

IIRC we were after this bloke at the end of the 2016/17 season but he went to Portugal.

I'd be happy enough with him as our other CB tbh. Similar quality to Jako but far less injury prone, and doesnt occupy a visa spot.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, bt50 said:

I'd be happy enough with him as our other CB tbh. Similar quality to Jako but far less injury prone, and doesnt occupy a visa spot.

So would I. If we're genuinely chasing him, perhaps it means that the Senegalese we're reportedly after is an attacker rather than a defender?

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

So would I. If we're genuinely chasing him, perhaps it means that the Senegalese we're reportedly after is an attacker rather than a defender?

Perhaps. Our source of that rumour isnt proven to be even semi-reliable yet though so we'll see if its even legit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Afif Adam said:

Barba and Honda on the wing and Maccajay to bang in the goals, we're gonna lose round 1...

So...

Thomas
Roux Deng Ansell Brown
        Valeri ?
                Troisi
Honda    Maclaren Barbarouses

It's not too bad, the other midfielder will be key. Reckon the defence is pretty meh.

4 minutes ago, bt50 said:

So...

Thomas
Roux Deng Ansell Brown
        Valeri ?
                Troisi

It's not too bad, the other midfielder will be key. Reckon the defence is pretty meh.

and danny holla CM, but that back 4 looks leaky besides from georg occupying one of the CB role

9 minutes ago, bt50 said:

So...

Thomas
Roux Deng Ansell Brown
        Valeri ?
                Troisi

They signed a German guy as CB 

1 minute ago, HughJass said:

Ah yeh right you are. He'll prob be injured anyway haha.

4 minutes ago, Afif Adam said:

and danny holla CM, but that back 4 looks leaky besides from georg occupying one of the CB role

Holla fell through. Not happening.

1 minute ago, HughJass said:

yeah Leroy Georg

Just now, bt50 said:

Ah yeh right you are. He'll prob be injured anyway haha.

Holla fell through. Not happening.

since when, it was done deal...its still up on their IG page and transfermarkt

• jw1739 pinned this topic