Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

Geez ffs

We need fkn big signings

This club is the fkn Arsenal of the A-League. Finish fourth all the time (finished third last season and not make asia counts as fourth)

Hurry the hell up CFG

We are versing the little bitch Mauk soon and we need to give him a back hand in the face.

The season hasn't started and I am already pissed off

Edited by xXCiTyZeNXx
  • Haha 1

I got no idea who we are looking at for marquees (Honda plsss), but I would take George. Proven performer in the league, can play wing or CAM hence rotating with Caceras, and will piss off Victory if he continues to play well. But I'd hope if we get a fee for Arzani then we would splash the cash on a higher pedigree marquee (Honda plssss).

As @bt50 said, I doubt Sydney will sign him (unless they do some 'accounting' to fit him under the cap) with the money they have from their transfers and no striker currently.

WSW could be a possible, they still have 2 VISA spots (and 1 marquee spot??) but already have 3 wingers in Kamau, Fitz and Sotirio.

Edited by haz
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, haz said:

I got no idea who we are looking at for marquees (Honda plsss), but I would take George. Proven performer in the league, can play wing or CAM hence rotating with Caceras, and will piss off Victory if he continues to play well. But I'd hope if we get a fee for Arzani then we would splash the cash on a higher pedigree marquee (Honda plssss).

As @bt50 said, I doubt Sydney will sign him (unless they do some 'accounting' to fit him under the cap) with the money they have from their transfers and no striker currently.

WSW could be a possible, they still have 2 VISA spots (and 1 marquee spot??) but already have 3 wingers in Kamau, Fitz and Sotirio.

If nothing else i think him leaving Victory says there is not a hope in hell of him staying as an under the cap player. It'll cost at least 800k, prob a mil to get him.

1 minute ago, n i k o said:

I know we have in the past but I hate signing former tard players. 

I dont care at all tbh. Esp if they are at their peak.

1 minute ago, bt50 said:

If nothing else i think him leaving Victory says there is not a hope in hell of him staying as an under the cap player. It'll cost at least 800k, prob a mil to get him.

Yea but this is Sydney we are talking about.....

34 minutes ago, bt50 said:

If they couldnt do it with Adrian, theyve got no hope with a rival player.

But they did in the first season. I dont what what happened at Sydney but they might have taken the transfer offer and ran?

6 hours ago, haz said:

Even though Malik was greatly improved last year, I think a Visa screener would allow Bratten more freedom and see us controll midfield better.

A midfield three of-

Cruncher-fuck-off-visa-dude

Bratten   Caceras/McGree

Maybe we could get Jedi on the cheap instead of a visa, his club is in deep financial trouble?

Edited by moops

1 hour ago, moops said:

Even though Malik was greatly improved last year, I think a Visa screener would allow Bratten more freedom and see us controll midfield better.

A midfield three of-

Cruncher-fuck-off-visa-dude

Bratten   Caceras/McGree

Maybe we could get Jedi on the cheap instead of a visa, his club is in deep financial trouble?

Id still go for Visa CB to partner bort (imagine 2 Borts :wub:). I think Brattan can screen fine, pretty sure he has some high tackling stats. McGree is a box to box mid, direct replacement for Mauk. And Vidosic, Caceras, maybe a marquee will share CAM

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bt50 said:

I dont care at all tbh. Esp if they are at their peak.

I’d be a little worried about second season syndrome but I’d agree he is the type of marquee we need now that we have cas again. That explosive creative winger is what we want. 

So because our marquees are cursed. We are now no longer allowed to call him that. From now on on the forum outside cap visa OCV :up: so hopefully cfg will deliver since we have given them Arzani 

• Like 1

I still think we can do better than have Malik as a starting 11 player. Don't get me wrong, he's been good at times and I'm glad he's in the squad but his forward passing and transition play is still too slow for me.

Brattan as the holding mid / deep lying play-maker, McGree box to box, and then Caceras if he's up to it or a Visa 10 if he's not. 

Supporters complain about slow transition and meaningless sideways passes. If we want to get away from that we need all 3 of our midfielders to want the ball and know what to do with it. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jacques Le Cube said:

Have we heard anything new on Gulum? With the visitors losing Williams and Donachie I get the horrible feeling they might make a big play for him.

Nothing new on anyone as far as I know - not even Arzani. Club is very quiet on pre-season - latest is a video of four players trying out some Indian snacks.

Contracts overseas don't expire until 30th June, so it's a bit early to expect anything on overseas-based players yet - we know we won't hear anything until it's signed sealed and delivered.

I guess we'd all like to see more, but that's the City way. Support this club and you'll go through this every bloody off-season.

10 hours ago, haz said:

Rumors that Victory are looking at Andrea Barzagli. I was jealous until I saw his age. Would have taken him to partner Bort if he was 35

He's only just signed a contract extension with Juventus and as far as I can see he's contracted until 30th June 2019.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Forever City said:

Australian free agents.

(Ex Heart player's Babalj , Williams and Good).

Note few mistakes regarding transfers and retirements.

Only would take Borrello but there is no way hes coming back to the HAL. Plus hes coming back from a torn ACL.

Would also take Milligan, but im sure hes wanting $$$

47 minutes ago, haz said:

Only would take Borrello but there is no way hes coming back to the HAL. Plus hes coming back from a torn ACL.

Would also take Milligan, but im sure hes wanting $$$

I would possibly take Rose as a squad player that's about all. Nichols at a stretch but comes with A LOT of baggage.

Edited by Forever City

This is our current midfield list

Brattan Malik Vidosic Mcgree Caceras

perhaps this is the year we go three at the back. I still remember that derby when we played with thee, it was the best I’ve ever seen us play and with those midfield players we should be trying to get as many into the 11 as possible 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Forever City said:

I would possibly take Rose as a squad player that's about all. Nichols at a stretch but comes with A LOT of baggage.

IIRC we've been linked with Liam Rose twice - the second time only a few weeks ago. But nothing has been announced so presumably the mooted deal fell through.

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

perhaps this is the year we go three at the back. I still remember that derby when we played with thee, it was the best I’ve ever seen us play and with those midfield players we should be trying to get as many into the 11 as possible 

Three at the back worked well until other teams worked out how to counter it, then oyr season turned to shit.

2 hours ago, Dylan said:

This implies we'd play wing backs. 3-5-2 works for England because they have high quality wing backs like Trippier. We'd need wing backs not full backs, and our wingers would be redundant. I'm not sure our list is built for this. In any case, we're set up for 4-3-3 which means we play three in midfield anyway, either a 6, 8 and 10, or a combination of 6s and 8s.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Forever City said:

Australian free agents.

(Ex Heart player's Babalj , Williams and Good).

Note few mistakes regarding transfers and retirements.

Would take Carney as a role player. Can do a job and play multiple positions. He's 34 and on his last legs but for the right money he'd be worth it.

2 hours ago, fensaddler said:

This implies we'd play wing backs. 3-5-2 works for England because they have high quality wing backs like Trippier. We'd need wing backs not full backs, and our wingers would be redundant. I'm not sure our list is built for this. In any case, we're set up for 4-3-3 which means we play three in midfield anyway, either a 6, 8 and 10, or a combination of 6s and 8s.

Not necessarily. 

From memory we played more of the Conte type 343 early on in which JVS had Kilkenny playing a quasi centre back without the ball and holding mid with. 

For me personally which ever system we try is basically not relevant what I think is crucial is taking the game on and looking forward at every opportunity and moving the ball as fast as possible and showing the balls to make a the risky passes. Now obviously this is easier with quality players and generally the results will show that.

My fear and it's been this all along is that this is opposite to the "Joyce way" and he prefers the safe percentage type attitude. 

Getting back to the midfield conundrum with our current list, I think it's a given that Malik and Brattan will play at the base of a 3 midfield with either Mcgree or Caceras as the AM and Vidosic will play out wide when selected.

But alot will hinge on what happens with Arzani me thinks.

• jw1739 pinned this topic