Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

15 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

I do. Is it because Man C own him?

His loan to us is season-by-season. As of 31st May he's been a Manchester City player again.

Last season he was one of the last players confirmed for 2017/18 - the confirmation came on 1st August 2017.

Brattan's contract with Manchester City finishes at the end of next season 2018-19. For the moment, he does what Manchester tells him to do. He can express a preference for next season, but he is a Manchester City player. If Joyce wants him and they say he comes here then he comes here.

Edited by jw1739

Yea I dont like the bloke, but would be a solid HAL CB, wouldnt use a VISA spot, and it would piss of the Tards. So yes I would accept his signing, IF the Visa player we would have signed as a CB is still signed in another position

The only way I would even think about signing milligan if there was a clause that he can't get up and leave in January. He would add value but I wouldn't bother, he seems more interested in filling his pockets at this stage (which he is more than entitled to do at his stage of his career) 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, neio said:

The only way I would even think about signing milligan if there was a clause that he can't get up and leave in January. He would add value but I wouldn't bother, he seems more interested in filling his pockets at this stage (which he is more than entitled to do at his stage of his career) 

Yep that would be my concern too

2 hours ago, neio said:

Sign him on a free put in a transfer clause and then get a transfer fee if he leaves? Seems like good business to me

Surely Joyce would be seriously be thinking about signing him, he can shift malik into the permanent CB position or play Milligan there, allows us to play a back 3 as well as a back 4

9 minutes ago, fiji19 said:

Sign him on a free put in a transfer clause and then get a transfer fee if he leaves? Seems like good business to me

Surely Joyce would be seriously be thinking about signing him, he can shift malik into the permanent CB position or play Milligan there, allows us to play a back 3 as well as a back 4

God no!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, AlexJones said:

There is still a marquee spot and visa. Are we gonna sign someone big or just scratch our balls!! 

I don't know why you're getting so agitated. We were only just outbid by Juventus for Ronaldo, so we're still in the market...

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Why did we let Sozer go? At one stage he looked almost certain to progress to the seniors.

At a guess because we already have two keepers in front of him and perhaps Delianov is in front of him too? Not sure, he seems to have hung around a bit over the last 12 months despite not being listed so he obv likes it here. Hopefully he does well over there and he might be a future option for us returning.

How would people feel about Leroy George as marquee? He's leaving Victory and has said he's still in negotiations with three Aus clubs. IMO he fits our need perfectly and is highly proven at the level. In some ways he's not dissimilar to Novillo as a player and imo would work exceptionally well with Bruno. As an aside, the butthurt from mong fans could take the rivalry to a new level.

'The club wanted to extend for the same amount, after all I've achieved' Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 4:14 PM

After an impressive season in Australia at Melbourne Victory, Leroy George decided to leave the club. The former striker of, among others, FC Utrecht and NEC is now negotiating with various clubs from Australia.George (31) tells that in a big interview with VICE Sports . The attacker states that there are 'certain people' who have not fulfilled their agreements with his agent. "We agreed that if I would perform well that would also be seen in the next contract," says George. "The club also wanted to extend, but then just for the same amount."The winger did not feel like that. "And that after all I've done there last year, with all due respect, but it did not turn out to be me, I'm old and wise enough now that I know this is part of football, it's still business."He says that he is negotiating with three Australian clubs. He can also go to other countries. "I've been pretty much in the spotlight, not just in Australia, but also in Asia and the Middle East, I've seen different countries in Asia, China is not really a country I want to play, I thought it was a filthy mess. in Korea, I do not see Korea either, Japan seems really nice to me, and from Turkey they start calling again. "George is known in the Netherlands for his periods at Utrecht and NEC. He played four years for the club from the Domstad. For the Nijmegen people three years. Then he transferred to Qarabag from Azerbaijan. He also played for the Turkish clubs Göztepe and Adana Demirspor and recently at Melbourne Victory. George played 29 games for the Australian club, in which he made nine goals. He also delivered various assists.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic