Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

42 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

Adrian is a massive flog. Don’t like him and don’t want him. His behaviour on Twitter sums up his arrogance. Don’t care how good a player he is, simply no thank you.

Really? My thoughts, they backloaded his 3 year deal, this to fit him in last year’s team (remember all these questions about how they managed to get so much quality under the cap). After playing for peanuts the first season, Sydney now is trying to break this deal.

• Like 3

Just now, Shahanga said:

That’s great for him. 

Was really disappointed how Wazza wouldn’t give him a game. A big loss to the club.

I just read the first news article. Its only a 1 year loan.

Looks like JVS is helping him out

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

That’s great for him. 

Was really disappointed how Wazza wouldn’t give him a game. A big loss to the club.

I can understand why he didn't get a game, which i believe is because of his size. 

If you see him up close, you can realise he's still very much a kid in respect to his body.

Perhaps OK if you're a winger with pace, but playing in the midfield with a juvenile body against the likes of Brilliante, Valeri etc; you need to be stronger.

I know he got games the year before but I seriously don't think he's physically ready for what you cop in the A-League.

Hopefully he comes back bigger and stronger and is ready to star for us.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Shahanga said:

That’s great for him. 

Genreau isn't lost to us yet. I think it's a good decision to loan him out rather than to sell him off for peanuts. Also JvS will look after one of his own. Well done City.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Genreau isn't lost to us yet. I think it's a good decision to loan him out rather than to sell him off for peanuts. Also JvS will look after one of his own. Well done done City.

I have said it before, we should be looking to loan out players more often if we can't give them first team game time, look at Nabbout for example. If a promising player of 18-19 isn't playing it's better they be loaned out than playing NPL, they also learn some good life lessons.

It will be interesting to see how Caceres performs, having played a full season can only be good for him.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

LeBron James has just gone to the Lakers so we've just missed out on another big free agent sigh 

I heard he came to sign for us, but customs got him at the airport and had to go to Manaus like Iniesta

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Makes me sad. I'd have loved for him to come back here at some point.

Well, both our current keepers have contracts for just one more season...so there's a chance we could pick him up for 2019/20. The expansion clubs will also be looking of course.

18 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Well, both our current keepers have contracts for just one more season...so there's a chance we could pick him up for 2019/20. The expansion clubs will also be looking of course.

I doubt it tbh. IMO Galekovic will retire at seasons end and Delianov will replace him. Tbh i thought Bouzanis was pretty good last year, he's improved a fair bit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Tbh i thought Bouzanis was pretty good last year, he's improved a fair bit.

Agreed. Bouzanis went from giving me 6-7 heart attacks a game to maybe 2-3. Add him to the list of players that improved leaps and bounds under Warren Joyce.

• jw1739 pinned this topic