Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

13 hours ago, Dylan said:

Exactly. Plus you could add to that we don’t really need to add much more to the IX imo. So naturally the signings will take longer as more caution can be taken. 

Probably first time in a long time our starting IX won’t change that much from the previous season.

Man I hope you’re wrong and we start our games with 11 not 9.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, moops said:

I wonder if Bratton will come back? I wouldn't hold it against him if he goes to a championship club or something, have a last crack, but I would be delighted if he played for us next season. 

Brattan wasn't confirmed last season until 1st August.

2 hours ago, moops said:

I wonder if Bratton will come back? I wouldn't hold it against him if he goes to a championship club or something, have a last crack, but I would be delighted if he played for us next season. 

Brattan featured in a pointless video that was uploaded to the A-league site yesterday. 

https://www.a-league.com.au/video/player-profile-luke-brattan

I'm not sure when it was filmed but would he be conducting these interviews if he was set on leaving? 

I still think he'll give the Championship one last crack. He's at his peak physically and playing his best football. 

25 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Embarrassing 

TBH what caught my eye rather than Honda was the pre-season overseas matches for both Newcastle and Sydney.

10 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Brattan featured in a pointless video that was uploaded to the A-league site yesterday. 

https://www.a-league.com.au/video/player-profile-luke-brattan

I'm not sure when it was filmed but would he be conducting these interviews if he was set on leaving? 

I still think he'll give the Championship one last crack. He's at his peak physically and playing his best football. 

Brattan has one more season left to run on his contract with Manchester City - i.e. until 30th June 2019.

11 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

TBH what caught my eye rather than Honda was the pre-season overseas matches for both Newcastle and Sydney.

Brattan has one more season left to run on his contract with Manchester City - i.e. until 30th June 2019.

The least they could do is make it look like the clubs are the ones running the show when bringing in a player. Yet another comical decision by the FFA. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Embee said:

Brattan's just had a kid and has settled in Melbourne, I could be wrong but I think he'll look to stay down here

To add to that, I'm not sure the English clubs will have a punt on him. He failed terribly when there last time, and he's 28 now. He can prob get better coin, and surety of game time here than anything any of the European clubs will offer.

An asian move would be more likely imo, but even then im not sure that would appeal to him at this point in his life.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bt50 said:

To add to that, I'm not sure the English clubs will have a punt on him. He failed terribly when there last time, and he's 28 now. He can prob get better coin, and surety of game time here than anything any of the European clubs will offer.

An asian move would be more likely imo, but even then im not sure that would appeal to him at this point in his life.

Well this is his last chance. I reckon he has never looked better physically and his game has improved since he left the first time. I'm sure some Championship club would take him for a season. He has always struck me as someone with a lot of self-confidence and self-belief though and it wouldn't surprise me if he wanted one last shot.  

As you say though, money, game time and his family situation might just keep him here. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Well this is his last chance. I reckon he has never looked better physically and his game has improved since he left the first time. I'm sure some Championship club would take him for a season. He has always struck me as someone with a lot of self-confidence and self-belief though and it wouldn't surprise me if he wanted one last shot.  

As you say though, money, game time and his family situation might just keep him here. 

Yeh 100% agree with all of that, i just think that those three factors may well outweigh the risk of an adventure if that makes sense. If things went badly for him overseas again it might well impact his future earnings here too, which is a factor now with wife and kids etc.

Scott Mcdonald is a Melbourne lad and wants to come back, could be pretty potent sitting behind Bruno, solves the number 10 role as well. 

Problem is he was playing in the Scottish championship, which is probably bellow HAL level, he could add something though. 

39 minutes ago, moops said:

Scott Mcdonald is a Melbourne lad and wants to come back, could be pretty potent sitting behind Bruno, solves the number 10 role as well. 

Problem is he was playing in the Scottish championship, which is probably bellow HAL level, he could add something though. 

no thanks

47 minutes ago, moops said:

God NO, talk about Dads Army .

28 minutes ago, Jay said:

I'm assuming Ersan Gulum is still heading to Melbourne City? 

Isn't there some issue with him being under contract to an overseas club for another 6 months? IIRC he was on loan to Adelaide.

Just checked - contracted to Hebei China Fortune until 31st December 2018.

Edited by jw1739

1 hour ago, Embee said:

He won their player of the year award yet they've used him in none of their marketing or membership promotions, he won't be there next season.

@Embee You seem to be across most of what's going on at City - any idea when the players report back for pre-season etc?

25 minutes ago, Harrison said:

One of the Talking City lads is Malik's son's godfather or something, surely he'd know?

Close but not quite, @[LIBBA] is Arzani's cousin

47 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

@Embee You seem to be across most of what's going on at City - any idea when the players report back for pre-season etc?

No idea to be honest, will inquire next time I speak to someone

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t sign many squad players this season and promote more from the NPL into the senior squad IMO.

its easy to be cynical about that with the whole ‘oh cfg using us to make money’. But really, that approach is what Heart wanted to do at the start

• Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic