Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

14 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

As far as official announcements go City is only confirming departures at this stage.  Once we start announcing new signings we'll have a better feel for the sort of squad Joyce is hoping to put together. But given Marwood's comments about a focus over the next three years on return on investment as well as winning, IMO we may not be in for too many exciting signings. 

i was more meaning would we want him?

5 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

i was more meaning would we want him?

I was trying to say "I haven't any idea until we see a few more announcements." For example, Malik, one of Joyce's favourites, is out of contract, but we haven't seen anything on him yet.

• Like 1

To be honest I’d be looking at moving on from Mauk, Bozanic, Malik* and Vidosic.

I reckon all 4 have performed well, but I just think if you are going to win the league you need top players in those positions and those 4 guys are just short of that.

Id give Budzinski the lemonade and bring in foreign:

winger

attacking midfielder (marquee)

holding midfielder.

* if I could afford to keep Malik as a squaddie I would.

Just my 10cents.

Edited by Shahanga
Auto uncorrect

24 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

To be honest I’d be looking at moving on from Mauk, Bozanic, Malik* and Vidosic.

I reckon all 4 have performed well, but I just think if you are going to win the league you need top players in those positions and those 4 guys are just short of that.

Id give Budzinski the lemonade and bring in foreign:

winger

attacking midfielder (marquee)

holding midfielder.

* if I could afford to keep Malik as a squaddie I would.

Just my 10cents.

Mauk was on loan and goes back to NEC. Bozanic and Malik are out of contract at the end of this month. Vidosic and Budzinski have another year to run.

We await Joyce's decisions with bated breath...

Edited by jw1739

1 hour ago, Heart of oakleigh said:

I cant see CFG paying out budzinski and picking up another marquee. I get the feeling they wont spend much money on players. I hope i am wrong and we get 3 quality visa players along with the aussies but not confident.

With Budzinski I think they can't afford not to pay him out.

But I'm not confident either. Not replacing Brandan sort of hints that maybe they might be reluctant to spend,  but then again they payed out Koren in the end mind you way later than they should off.

If Joyce is going to completely rework the squad then the Marquee spot is fundamental, but if that is it and all the players that are there now remain and we add a few to fill our quota then maybe Budzinski will see out his contract. Either way not using a Marquee and to a lesser degree a Visa spot is just dumb and in the end cost us. 

Like I mentioned previously we probably won't know shit until late August early September especially with the big announcements. 

42 minutes ago, [LIBBA] said:

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned more .

I think it all depends on the $$$ and what his ambitions are in his footballing career

Seeing as his family are from here I'd imagine there'd be a time he would eventually want to return to playing football here. Question is when and if we can pip the tards over the line to sign him. 

10 hours ago, Jovan said:

With Budzinski I think they can't afford not to pay him out.

But I'm not confident either. Not replacing Brandan sort of hints that maybe they might be reluctant to spend,  but then again they payed out Koren in the end mind you way later than they should off.

If Joyce is going to completely rework the squad then the Marquee spot is fundamental, but if that is it and all the players that are there now remain and we add a few to fill our quota then maybe Budzinski will see out his contract. Either way not using a Marquee and to a lesser degree a Visa spot is just dumb and in the end cost us. 

Like I mentioned previously we probably won't know shit until late August early September especially with the big announcements. 

That's if there are going to be any big announcements. I think unlikely. Players such as Malik, Bozanic and Vidosic appear to be the sort favoured by Joyce - and they're the typical recycled player that is killing this league and a major reason why support for it is dwindling. We laugh at those sorts of signings by other clubs, and here we are doing it ourselves.

IMO Marwood's statements about return on investment over at least the next three seasons are an indication that we're going to have several youth promotions to the seniors, a handful of senior players of no particular note, our two current marquees, and a couple of new visa players. And we'll slug out the season with the other clubs and it'll be a bit of a lottery as to who emerges out of the mediocrity mire to finish top four.

Edited by jw1739

From speaking to someone who knows the inner workings of the club here are some tidbits of info I've picked up :

-The club are looking to buy out budz contract and replace him.  They won't buy him out however until they know they have someone lined up to replace him,  so expect some action in this space. 

-a winger to replace Brandon is in the world and will be announced before the start of the season (will be a visa player) 

And the most surprising thing I heard is:

-Osama Malik wants to go back home to Adelaide. Very good chance of this happening. 

14 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

-a winger to replace Brandon is in the world and will be announced before the start of the season (will be a visa player) 

Why rush huh

Anyways, that's all positive if true, although Malik going back to Adelaide is a shame given how he's performed under Joyce. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

And the most surprising thing I heard is:

-Osama Malik wants to go back home to Adelaide. Very good chance of this happening. 

You mean "is in the World Cup"?

Personally I wouldn't be that sorry about Malik. IMO he's OK, but not outstanding.

• Like 3

Fuck Rojas, little weasel jumps here every second season after failing overseas then leaves again at first opportunity. No interest in helping him get another move out of the league, the mercenary can go back to the Tards.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Embee said:

Fuck Rojas, little weasel jumps here every second season after failing overseas then leaves again at first opportunity. No interest in helping him get another move out of the league, the mercenary can go back to the Tards.

I just want to win the league

8 minutes ago, haz said:

I just want to win the league

He was pretty piss poor when the pressure was on during his last season at the Tards IMO. He's talented but I think he's more than a bit of a weak cunt and I'd rather not have him in the squad.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

@Forever City @kingofhearts Looking at my keyboard I should have realised that. Thanks.

Yes definitely meant in the works, just autocorrect being a cunt on my phone. 

Joyce has also been told that if the team does not make the finals this season that he will be given the boot.  The only reason he was given leniency this season was because the people higher up did not see this list as his own.  Now that he will have a full pre season with the team their are no excuses. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Embee said:

He was pretty piss poor when the pressure was on during his last season at the Tards IMO. He's talented but I think he's more than a bit of a weak cunt and I'd rather not have him in the squad.

If this is bloke is all we can muster up with our "world wide scouting network" then just fuckin fold the club

• Like 3

• jw1739 pinned this topic