Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

17 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Well, well, well. So at this stage Galekovic, La Rocca, Jakobsen and Budzinski survive. And Bozanic too.

Disappointed that we've lost Fitzy. Always gave it everything he had.

Galekovic  is still under contract 

15 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Well, well, well. So at this stage Galekovic, La Rocca, Jakobsen and Budzinski survive. And Bozanic too.

Cmon JW, you above all else on here should know the players leaving had their contracts expiring end of this month anyway, so easy to cull them first.

Those players mentioned above probably have a year left so I'd bet they're still working out who to keep and who to terminate early.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Disappointed that we've lost Fitzy. Always gave it everything he had.

Harder to get rid when they are still under contract. Deals have to be worked out. Suspect we'll see a few more departures yet. The only loss that saddens me is Fitzy, who was an honest trier, and could change a game with his direct running. Still, we'll see who comes in. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rass said:

Cmon JW, you above all else on here should know the players leaving had their contracts expiring end of this month anyway, so easy to cull them first.

Those players mentioned above probably have a year left so I'd bet they're still working out who to keep and who to terminate early.

Jakobsen and Bozanic are on contracts that expire on 31st May 2018. The others have another year to run unless a termination can be arranged.

13 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Jakobsen and Bozanic are on contracts that expire on 31st May 2018. The others have another year to run unless a termination can be arranged.

Jakobsen won't be let go until/if we can come to an agreement with Gulum IMO. Bozanic is an interesting one, I felt like he'd be on his way pretty soon after the end of the season but perhaps we're trying to keep him around.

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/the-covert-agent-lachlan-wales-melbourne-city/1vafmvzu252j1gezzlalp9t07

The Covert Agent: Central Coast Mariners playmaker set to join Melbourne City

EXCLUSIVE: Goal's resident spy reveals the attacker is likely to move south after breaking through this season

Central Coast Mariners look set to lose talented midfielder Lachlan Wales to Melbourne City.

The Covert Agent can reveal the 20-year-old's management team is claiming their client will join Warren Joyce's side for next season.

Wales made his debut in a single subsitute appearance last season but burst on to the scene with an assist off the bench in January's 1-1 draw with Melbourne Victory.

The Terrigal-born product went on to start seven more matches for the campaign and impressed with his range of passing and movement.

Wales' tally of two assists for the campaign is more than heralded playmaker Daniel De Silva, who created only one goal from his 21 appearances.

De Silva's future is also subject to intense speculation, with the 21-year-old understood to be in discussions with three A-League clubs.

2 hours ago, Imtellingyou said:

It's disappointing that we couldn't utilise better Kamau and Tongyk. If we can't coach young Socceroos who can we from the same players pool.

Much hype (Roma) about De Silva but that's about it so far.

To be fair, Tongyik featured in only four matches under JvS, who signed him. It was only under Valkanis that he was a regular on the field, and he didn't feature at all under Joyce.

Kamau had multiple opportunities under all three, but never cemented a place in the side. He wasn't even a regular at Adelaide in 2015/16. Definitely an over-rated player IMO.

IMO these are two sensible releases.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

To be fair, Tongyik featured in only four matches under JvS, who signed him. It was only under Valkanis that he was a regular on the field, and he didn't feature at all under Joyce.

Kamau had multiple opportunities under all three, but never cemented a place in the side. He wasn't even a regular at Adelaide in 2015/16. Definitely an over-rated player IMO.

Whilst I agree with your general point, I think Tongyik is more 'overrated' than Kamau. I'm yet to meet a City fan who actually rates Kamau beyond a last resort bench player whereas I've seen plenty of over the top hype for Tongyik.

Not fussed to lose either of them.

• Like 1

Club is aiming to move forward, i get that. 

Personally disappointed that Fitzy has left. (Without knowing any details) I hope the club had at least offered him a lower value contract for 18/19 and he has simply chosen WSW. He under-performed this year but has been a good servant to the club and so i don't see the case for simply cutting him loose. 

(Without knowing any details) I am also disappointed to see Tongyik go. While sometimes slow to react and needed work, I thought he had potential and would be a good back-up center back with lots of up-side in the future.

Warming to the prospect of either Wales or De Silva.

19 hours ago, jw1739 said:

They aren’t releases. They’ve been poached by WSW who presumably made a better offer.

Doesnt mean we can’t do better but I suspect the club was keen to re-sign Brucey but got pipped.

2 hours ago, Shahanga said:

They aren’t releases. They’ve been poached by WSW who presumably made a better offer.

Doesnt mean we can’t do better but I suspect the club was keen to re-sign Brucey but got pipped.

Well, that's the term used by the club. Technically their contracts expire on 31st May, so as from then they would have been free agents. You're only guessing that City made an offer at all.

On 04/05/2018 at 0:59 PM, Embee said:

Whilst I agree with your general point, I think Tongyik is more 'overrated' than Kamau. I'm yet to meet a City fan who actually rates Kamau beyond a last resort bench player whereas I've seen plenty of over the top hype for Tongyik.

Not fussed to lose either of them.

Tongyik is the most overrated player in the history of the club for mine.

Brucey- he showed promise but he’s now at the stage where “promise” isn’t good enough. 

21 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Trent Buhagiar has left Central Coast.

He looked good in his first year, but wouldn't be a step up from Kamau or Fitzy which the club seemed to let go easily.

Rumors going around Lachlan Wales is signing for us, also from CCM.

• jw1739 pinned this topic