Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

50 minutes ago, bt50 said:

TLDR : our squad is in very, very good shape for next season

We've had a very very good squad the last 3 seasons. Just needing 1 maybe 2 players being the mantra. 

Edited by Jovan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

It's going to be interesting to see who we release in due course.

My tips are Muscat, Tongyik, Bozanic, Fitzgerald and Kamau. Mauk and Brattan will come to the end of their loans to us - future uncertain.

IMO we might also see one or more of Galekovic, Metcalfe, Budzinski and La Rocca on the list.

I really hope we keep Jakobsen for at least one more season.

Can't see them hanging onto Budzinski, La Rocca or Christian Cavallo. Cant see Genreau going back in the starting XI either unfortunately. Dont think the gaffa rates him. Could be wrong just my opinion. Metcalfe will stay. Heard hes getting over a broken toe or foot. Apparently played full NYL grand final with it! 

13 minutes ago, Jovan said:

We've had a very very good squad the last 3 seasons. Just needing 1 maybe 2 players being the mantra. 

Also true. Nailing the 2nd marquee position has been the biggest squad issue; the other issues have been more peripheral such as culture/mentality and coaching. Hopefully this season has gone some way to remedying that, especially the culture aspect. 

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Also true. Nailing the 2nd marquee position has been the biggest squad issue; the other issues have been more peripheral such as culture/mentality and coaching. Hopefully this season has gone some way to remedying that, especially the culture aspect. 

Marquee spot should go to Bort imo. Tie him down now with a sizeable contract and make him captain. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, malloy said:

Marquee spot should go to Bort imo. Tie him down now with a sizeable contract and make him captain. 

Marquee to a defender whomst we already have on our books you reckon? I still think we have the potential to find a killer #10 or Fitzy replacement

• Like 2

9 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Just because you're bias doesn't mean you're wrong. We should get a scouting report from you and @hakz7. Who should we sign from Turkey? 

Firstly, Stéphane Mbia. Don't let the MLS end him. Was a gun for Marseille, QPR and Sevilla. He took a spell last year in China and has so much to offer.

Edin Visca, 28 year old winger ready to retire from Istanbul after being there for ~7 years and being a mainstay. 

Mustapha Yatabaré, 32 year old forward, scores everywhere he goes. Just joined Konya so probably won't move. 

Souleymane Doukara, get back to this guy in 3-4 years.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

Firstly, Stéphane Mbia. Don't let the MLS end him. Was a gun for Marseille, QPR and Sevilla. He took a spell last year in China and has so much to offer.

Edin Visca, 28 year old winger ready to retire from Istanbul after being there for ~7 years and being a mainstay. 

Mustapha Yatabaré, 32 year old forward, scores everywhere he goes. Just joined Konya so probably won't move. 

Souleymane Doukara, get back to this guy in 3-4 years.

What about samaras?? 😂

2 hours ago, Jovan said:

FMD.

Every season the same discussions develop. 

Flares.

Colour of our shirts

South Melbourne Hellas entering the League 

How shit Aloisi is

Signing Samaras

Scott Munn should be sacked.

You forgot

Complaining about next years memberships (this one is just starting up)

Our coach should be sacked (will start in a week or 2, unless we win gf)

Change walkout song

Edited by bellydrum
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, bellydrum said:

You forgot

Complaining about next years memberships (this one is just starting up)

Our coach should be sacked (will start in a week or 2, unless we win gf)

Change walkout song

Plus...every other club is making signings...why do we take so long?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Imtellingyou said:

We are still in this season mix up.

I asked the same question last August and you said it's too early for signings.  What's changed?

4 hours ago, n i k o said:

Yeh @jw1739 what's changed? 

You both mis-interpreted my post! I was adding "Every other club is making signings...why do we take so long?" to Jovan's list of inevitable topics that will come up in the off-season.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

You both mis-interpreted my post! I was adding "Every other club is making signings...why do we take so long?" to Jovan's list of inevitable topics that will come up in the off-season.

Lol relax mate, bit of tongue in cheek at the expense of our literate friend 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, n i k o said:

Yeh @jw1739 what's changed? 

What's changed is that we know who the coach is next season so we can start planning and recruiting from the pool of players that become available. Last season we didn't know the coach so it wasn't the right time to start recruiting for the following season

14 minutes ago, HeartFc said:

Ill save you some time:

Half the squad will be cut, followed by the resigning of the shitest cunts. A handful of mediocre players will tickle in, which will include a couple of recycled a-league hack defenders, a mid table South American winger with a hot mrs, a bloke from Northcote, Pasco Vale or Oakleigh Cannons will "get his chance" (4 minutes in 3 seasons), then comes the Eredivisie guy, followed by the completely unknown lower league youtube trekker without a wikipedia page, a wasted visa 35 year old dude from Northern Europe (who will never pay), all topped off with a shitty and seemingly random Marquee.... Oh and Vince Lia. ("experienced squaddie")

They will be led by a retarded, stubborn manager with predictable stale tactics and a horrible coaching pedigree. Finished 4th coz someone has to, lose in a knock out or semi final, "unlucky", see you in another 6 months.

Has there been any truer words spoken?

There are some good aussie players (good at A-league level) who would probably benefit from "coming home" the club should have a serious look at some players considered they dont ask for to much money

Mark Birighitti would be the one I would seriously consider picking up

8 hours ago, fiji19 said:

There are some good aussie players (good at A-league level) who would probably benefit from "coming home" the club should have a serious look at some players considered they dont ask for to much money

Mark Birighitti would be the one I would seriously consider picking up

I think Bouzanis is fine as our first choice

Iniesta would be called a diver, would get no protection from the ref, would be booed by the opposition support every time he lay on the ground after being kicked and would end his career with a Boogard type defender yelling at him to get up (after being hacked down).

Edited by Torn Asunder
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Torn Asunder said:

Iniesta would be called a diver, would get no protection from the ref, would be booed by the opposition support every time he lay on the ground after being kicked and would end his career with a Boogard type defender yelling at him to get up (after being hacked down).

Fuck Iniesta, he's just a boat person, diving wanker he's Unaustralian! Chris Judd would never dive

4 hours ago, haz said:

I think Bouzanis is fine as our first choice

I thought so too until last night. In the big moments he turns to water. If you want to win the league you need a GK that can handle pressure and keep his head. The conditions weren't great but he was badly flustered last night. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harrison said:

I thought so too until last night. In the big moments he turns to water. If you want to win the league you need a GK that can handle pressure and keep his head. The conditions weren't great but he was badly flustered last night. 

We also have a salary cap

• jw1739 pinned this topic