Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

2 hours ago, moops said:

Gulum is Aussy. 

He wouldn't count for the +1

Aha, I understand now, to offload one of our foreigners, wouldn't it be more likely to be another CB who is on the outer? 

Even if Gulum was classified as Turkish it would be irrelevant as far as the +1 is concerned. Turkey is in UEFA, not the AFC.

The full list of AFC member associations is here. http://www.the-afc.com/about-afc_1/memberassociations/

Do we know whether FFA is definitely moving to 4+1 for season 2018-19? It would be helpful in time for clubs to take such a move into account in their recruiting for next season.

Edited by jw1739

9 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Even if Gulum was classified as Turkish it would be irrelevant as far as the +1 is concerned. Turkey is in UEFA, not the AFC.

The full list of AFC member associations is here. http://www.the-afc.com/about-afc_1/memberassociations/

Do we know whether FFA is definitely moving to 4+1 for season 2018-19? It would be helpful in time for clubs to take such a move into account in their recruiting for next season.

Not officially, although Zappas declared it was a done deal last week.

10 minutes ago, rayv36 said:

I would love for this club to have some long serving players that solely play for MCFC instead of picking up recycled players.

Even a few staying 4-5 seasons would be good. The way we change players it's no wonder we're so mediocre.

• Like 2

Melbourne City’s centre back Michael Jakobsen could be on his way to Adelaide United in an unofficial swap deal for Reds stopper Ersan Gulum

Val Migliaccio, Soccer Writer, The Advertiser

March 23, 2018 9:50am

MELBOURNE City’s centre back and captain Michael Jakobsen could be on his way to Adelaide United in an unofficial swap deal as Australia’s richest football club in all codes (WTF Migliaccio ! :hkpalm: ) looks to pick up Reds stopper Ersan Gulum for the new season.

Both stoppers are at the end of their A-League club deals in June.

Jakobsen’s pending move west isn’t the only one on the cards with the futures of other wanted Reds players Jordan O’Doherty and Jordan Elsey seemingly at the mercy of their agents.

Adelaide’s Turkish international centre back Gulum, 30, earlier this month talked to United officials about returning to his home town Melbourne and retiring from playing but it appears that plan will be put on hold.

The birth of Gulum’s first child in Melbourne this year after his wife Emel returned to their home state is life changing after Adelaide landed the lauded centre back in a 12-month loan deal from Hebei China Fortune in 2017.

Gulum commutes regularly to Melbourne when he has enough time off from United duties.

Gulum’s contract ends with the Chinese club at the end of the year with Jacobsen — a 32-year-old left-footed Danish stopper now on the Reds radar.

It’s understood talks are gathering momentum for the left-footed stoppers to trade places.

Jakobsen is also well known to another Dane, Adelaide’s Johan Absalonsen.

The pair featured in a Danish international friendly — a 3-1 win over Poland in 2010.

Absalonsen has been tabled a new United deal but exclusively told The Advertiser he still needs to weigh up his future options with his family before deciding if he wants to continue with Adelaide.

Elsey, 24, had been offered a new Adelaide deal but it’s understood his agent is shopping the stopper to a struggling Dutch first division club which did show interest before its former coach stepped down from his post this month.

It’s understood Western Sydney has put in an official request to Adelaide to speak to O’Doherty, 20, after Brisbane Roar showed interest but have not yet made a formal inquiry for the midfielder.

O’Doherty rejected a two-year Adelaide United contract during the 2017 preseason.

It’s believed the Reds did come back with another offer during the season.

The second offer was not as lucrative but according to sources better than Wanderers terms.

Adelaide officials preferred not to comment.

One player agent is yet to return calls with regards to his client.

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

After the match against Wanderers I'd like to see Jako stay with us. Our back line of Atkinson, Jako, Schenkeveld and Jamieson is pretty good. Let them stay together for at least another season.

Nah trade him for say hmmmmmmmmmm........ Mark warren

Ah Petrillo strikes again (btw he will not be a VISA)

Two A-League clubs circling in the hope of luring Adelaide United ...

The Advertiser-6 hours ago
As Isaias prepares to celebrate an Easter Monday Catalonian tradition, La Mona de Pascua cake (Easter cake), for the first time with three-month old Adelaide-born Julen and wife Sara and another South Australian, daughter Vega, Wanderers and City have been circling for his signature despite the ...

PAYWALL

Edited by haz

11 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

I'm sure that Carusca will give Isais a glowing account of Wazza

Yea I think Waz is not a fan of Hispanics. Its a worry that it seems that Petrillo calls the shots in regards to signings

Edited by haz

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

FFS sack Petrillo. Isaias is 31. Can't we do better than recycled Adelaide players?

He must have the easiest job in the world.

Its the equivalent of the Head of Design of Mercedes, going to BMW, then all his designs for BMW are just his old work from Merc

Edited by haz

20 minutes ago, HughJass said:

If true, probably a good move for Fitzy. He was involved in a number of our goals earlier this year, but it doesn't look as though he's going to improve any further under Joyce and with whatever it is that Joyce is trying to do with City. He's a good, honest toiler who always gives everything he's got - I for one will be sorry to see him go. All the very best Fitzy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HughJass said:

With Fitzy and Kamau both presumed to leave at the end of the season, we definitely should be looking at a winger or two.

Edited by Forever City

1 hour ago, Afif Adam said:

Should’ve signed Omar Eddahri at the start unfortunately isn’t a free agent anymore 

IMO we need to work out what the hell we are trying to do under Joyce before we sign players. Eddahri has had more clubs that you can poke a stick at. I couldn't fancy his chances of ever getting on the field when you see what Joyce has done with Budzinski.

• Like 1

On 31/03/2018 at 1:28 PM, jw1739 said:

If true, probably a good move for Fitzy. He was involved in a number of our goals earlier this year, but it doesn't look as though he's going to improve any further under Joyce and with whatever it is that Joyce is trying to do with City. He's a good, honest toiler who always gives everything he's got - I for one will be sorry to see him go. All the very best Fitzy.

I’ve had a man crush on him for a while. IMO probably our best (or close to) value for money signing in our history. The guy is on peanuts.

Seems to be the flavour of the month to shit on the guy now Arzani has emerged, & while his form has dropped he was crucial for us for an 12 - 18 month period when he & Bart were the only 2 consistently performing.

If it is true hopefully he gets himself a decent $$$ rise, although I find it strange Gombau would want both Fitz & Kamau? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LB said:

I’ve had a man crush on him for a while. IMO probably our best (or close to) value for money signing in our history. The guy is on peanuts.

Seems to be the flavour of the month to shit on the guy now Arzani has emerged, & while his form has dropped he was crucial for us for an 12 - 18 month period when he & Bart were the only 2 consistently performing.

If it is true hopefully he gets himself a decent $$$ rise, although I find it strange Gombau would want both Fitz & Kamau

Why? After all for quite sometime they both played together on opposite wings. It would also add competition for spots.

Will be disappointed if Fitzy goes. Definitely a poor season, but his work rate has always been high. Could come back stronger next year. One of the few players to have been here more than 1 season and if he leaves it will add to my sense that City just churn through players without forming a squad fans can identify with.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Tangerine said:

Will be disappointed if Fitzy goes. Definitely a poor season, but his work rate has always been high. Could come back stronger next year. One of the few players to have been here more than 1 season and if he leaves it will add to my sense that City just churn through players without forming a squad fans can identify with.

I feel like he's a goal away from turning his form around and regaining some much needed confidence, but he has to earn the shot at that too. He's been horribly out of form since R3 really.

• jw1739 pinned this topic