Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

3 hours ago, rayv36 said:

Young cant distribute, which is the only reason Deano is keeping Eugene on the pine in my opinion. I don't think we will look at Young.

Lol. Actually make a point of watching DBs distribution for a game.

I swear someone just made up that line and every one has just accepted it.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, malloy said:

Lol. Actually make a point of watching DBs distribution for a game.

I swear someone just made up that line and every one has just accepted it.

Dean's games are interesting. He can hit a ball better then most outfield players, problem is 50% go out.  He has improved this season compared to last with his kicking though.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, n i k o said:

Everytime you think Dean is shit just remember that Redmayne is keeping for the best aleague team in history. Even his absolute howler didn't stop them from winning on Sunday. 

And how does that help us?

17 hours ago, haz said:

Dean's games are interesting. He can hit a ball better then most outfield players, problem is 50% go out.  He has improved this season compared to last with his kicking though.

Spot on. Dean over-hits a lot of those diagonal passes to the halfway-sideline point but sometimes he will land a 60-yard pass right on Arzani's toe. Not many keepers can do that.

21 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Spot on. Dean over-hits a lot of those diagonal passes to the halfway-sideline point but sometimes he will land a 60-yard pass right on Arzani's toe. Not many keepers can do that.

He did just that when McCormack's last-gasp shot was cleared off the line against Newcastle.

5 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Yeh its rare players are signed to the end of the season. I certainly dont rate him on what ive seen.

He's a donkey IMO, if La Rocca's out til the end of the season I don't mind the move but he'd be right down the bottom of the pecking order for me.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Andrew Edmonds said:

Ersan Gulum said that he wants to move to Melbourne next season. What would people think about it? Personally I'd be happy with him here.

No idea. What I will say is that we need a balanced squad put together with the capability and objective of playing the way our manager wants us to play so that we actually win some fucking League silverware next season. What we don't need is a series of seemingly opportunistic ad hoc signings followed by mid-season departures and further ad hoc signings, which is what we have seen this season.

We had a perfectly good squad for this season but have underperformed once again because we didn't plan properly - we didn't match the players with the manager and his requirements. I'm fed up with this repeating itself season after season. So FFS let's not do it again.

Gulum played for Adelaide and we have alot of player in his position. So he is definitely coming to us

Seriously though, would definitely take him. Him and Bart would be close to best CB pairing in comp. An extreme upgrade on delbridge (assuming Jakobsen is leaving)

Gulum's contract with Hebai China Fortune (HB CFFC) is until 31st December 2018. His loan to Adelaide expires on 30th June 2018, i.e. the end of this A-League season.

If we want him for next season then either he has to be released early by HB CFFC , or we will have to negotiate a loan from them for the first half of the season.

With the way visa players move around in China, I can't see Gulum having a problem getting released from his contact mid year. The fact he's out on loan indicates he's certainly on the outer.

The fact we have La Rocca and Delbridge already signed for next season makes me wonder if we have the squad space to sign Gulum so he can partner Bort at the back.

In anycase this season hasn't even finished; discussing hyperthetical signings for next season aren't worth the keyboards they're typed on

2 hours ago, mattyh001 said:

With the way visa players move around in China, I can't see Gulum having a problem getting released from his contact mid year. The fact he's out on loan indicates he's certainly on the outer.

The fact we have La Rocca and Delbridge already signed for next season makes me wonder if we have the squad space to sign Gulum so he can partner Bort at the back.

In anycase this season hasn't even finished; discussing hyperthetical signings for next season aren't worth the keyboards they're typed on

On the contrary, I hope that the club is indeed thinking hard about its squad and coaching staff for next season, especially after the next two matches - which will define our season -  so at the very least we don't start next season with a squad half of whom don't fit the manager's specifications.

42 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

On the contrary, I hope that the club is indeed thinking hard about its squad and coaching staff for next season, especially after the next two matches - which will define our season -  so at the very least we don't start next season with a squad half of whom don't fit the manager's specifications.

The club thinking for next season is one thing, getting carried away on specifics as outsiders looking in is another.

Particularly when transfer news in the off season can be a dime a dozen and the fact the club tends to play transfers close to the chest

Don't get me wrong either; I do appreciate when people bring up tweets, etc, about club related news. I simply take most with a grain of salt since there's always some sort of bs out there too

• jw1739 pinned this topic