Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

7 minutes ago, Forever City said:

A Melbourne city fan page on Instagram has claimed that we will sign Blake Ricciuto as a mature age rookie. It was apparently reported in the St George Leader but i can't find the article.

Interesting. He's played in Uruguay. If it happens it'll be the first time we have used this squad opportunity. I've often wondered why we haven't used it before - it's an opportunity to get an extra player on board.

23 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Interesting. He's played in Uruguay. If it happens it'll be the first time we have used this squad opportunity. I've often wondered why we haven't used it before - it's an opportunity to get an extra player on board.

If the guy is above 1.80m, 80kg, is a CB or CDM and has visited the UK before.... then I can see why Waz would jump at this

EDIT: Hes none of those

https://www.transfermarkt.com/blake-ricciuto/profil/spieler/339971

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blake_Ricciuto

Edited by haz

12 minutes ago, haz said:

If the guy is above 1.80m, 80kg, is a CB or CDM and has visited the UK before.... then I can see why Waz would jump at this

EDIT: Hes only one of those

https://www.transfermarkt.com/blake-ricciuto/profil/spieler/339971

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blake_Ricciuto

I like this line from the Wikipedia entry:

"Late in injury time Blake received the ball on the edge of the box turned one defender and placed it into the top right hand corner of the goal to send the Peñarol fans into ruptures."

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, haz said:

Sainsbury might sign for Sydney until the end of the season...... if this happens then we have fallen behind the 8-Ball again. 

He's just married Arnold's daughter. He's hardly likely to sign for another A-League club given that.

Besides, I'm thinking that the gloss might be wearing off Melbourne City. Who wants to come here and then find that if you can't meet the coach's required sprint times on the training track then you won't get any match time?

10 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

He's just married Arnold's daughter. He's hardly likely to sign for another A-League club given that.

Besides, I'm thinking that the gloss might be wearing off Melbourne City. Who wants to come here and then find that if you can't meet the coach's required sprint times on the training track then you won't get any match time?

Not saying we should be signing Sainsbury (we already have enough defenders), just the quality of reinforcements, particularly for a team that is running away with the comp and doesn't need anymore players. 

But yea your'e right about the MC gloss, would not be surprised if Australian players talk to each other about the real MC culture, sprint times etc.

Edited by haz

8 hours ago, jw1739 said:

My thoughts precisely. Facilities are great but the senior coaching are crap and not likely to develop anyone and unlike WSW we don't win silverware.

10 hours ago, Torn Asunder said:

I think he is overrated 

He is, but only because many Aussies rate him at a stratospheric Level.

At present he’s good enough to be one of the best strikers in the a League. A good player at this level, nothing more or less (right now, he could improve with time)

• Like 1

Was hoping that we would see more out of him, but at his age and the injuries he had this year. If he can find a better opportunity than good luck to him

With probably kilkenny and possibly budzinski to follow, you would imagine there is got to be at least 1 more coming in 

4 minutes ago, Dylan said:

We are going to have  defenders and attackers and that’s it. With Brattan in the middle of the park. All new signings must be British or Australian preferably with Anglo heritage 

Malik is a midfielder. He's definitely NOT a defender.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dylan said:

Ok Brattan and Malik.

4-2-4

i don’t think this is all for making room for McCormack btw. He will most likely take Budders spot if he stays. 

Carrusca fits more in the 'attacker' category anyway IMO, and if he doesn't then Vidosic should count towards the midfield count too since he can play as a 10. If Kilkenny and Budders are also out the door though you'd hope a CM or two are going to be coming in.

Edited by Embee

Just now, Dylan said:

Ok Brattan and Malik.

4-2-4

i don’t think this is all for making room for McCormack btw. He will most likely take Budders spot if he stays. 

Hmm im not convinced. I think they are making room for McCormack, esp as he'll prob only need to fit in for around 9 games by the time Bruno is back.
Chelo may well be more about him just wanting to go and get game time at Wanderers, and given Vidosic has been signed and we have a wealth of kids lining up in the front half of the park there's prob no point holding him against his will.

3 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Hmm im not convinced. I think they are making room for McCormack, esp as he'll prob only need to fit in for around 9 games by the time Bruno is back.
Chelo may well be more about him just wanting to go and get game time at Wanderers, and given Vidosic has been signed and we have a wealth of kids lining up in the front half of the park there's prob no point holding him against his will.

I reckon McCormack’s Villa wage is probably half our whole cap so I’d think he would have to be outside of it. 

Well probably not actually. The guest stunts are 10 games now right? He will probably be put under that

6 minutes ago, Dylan said:

I reckon McCormack’s Villa wage is probably half our whole cap so I’d think he would have to be outside of it. 

Well probably not actually. The guest stunts are 10 games now right? He will probably be put under that

Hmm i doubt he'd be approved for a guest stint. He's hardly putting bums on seats is he.

Rumour was he was on 45k pounds a week when he signed for Villa which works out as 77k a week so I guess 400k wont go too far. Spose they could try to renegotiate the contract somewhat as obv somewhere around 400k for the last 10 games could be achievable. Probably a tricky one to work out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Hmm i doubt he'd be approved for a guest stint. He's hardly putting bums on seats is he.

Rumour was he was on 45k pounds a week when he signed for Villa which works out as 77k a week so I guess 400k wont go too far. Spose they could try to renegotiate the contract somewhat as obv somewhere around 400k for the last 10 games could be achievable. Probably a tricky one to work out.

Unless Budders moves to under the cap which is entirely doable

33 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Ok Brattan and Malik.

4-2-4

And Vidosic and Mauk. Plus younger midfielders coming through, plus Budzik, or almost certainly some incoming, as our squad won't be big enough.

8 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Unless Budders moves to under the cap which is entirely doable

In what way is it entirely doable? It is pure speculation as to whether the FFA would approve us changing Marquee from one player to another mid season (especially so when the player vacating the marquee position is not leaving the club at this stage).

4 minutes ago, malloy said:

In what way is it entirely doable? It is pure speculation as to whether the FFA would approve us changing Marquee from one player to another mid season (especially so when the player vacating the marquee position is not leaving the club at this stage).

If we we weren’t paying the player any more or less to move them inside the salary cap I couldn’t see a reason why they would not approve it.

15 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

If we we weren’t paying the player any more or less to move them inside the salary cap I couldn’t see a reason why they would not approve it.

Not seeing any reason why they won't deny us does not equate to "entirely doable". As I said in my post it is purely speculation as to whether the FFA would or wouldn't allow us, which falls short of "certainly doable".

• jw1739 pinned this topic