Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

7 hours ago, jw1739 said:

This is the latest that I have based on announcements from the club. You can do your own calculation  (bearing in mind that Bruno and Ross count as just one player, and, as far as I am aware, Scholarship players are not counted within the Number and Salary Caps). Unless I am very much mistaken, the list adds up to 20 including Delbridge.

I cannot reconcile the above with Joyce's statement about "one vacancy." That's all I'm saying - nothing more and nothing less.

100% 

Is he just playing it all down?

Cahill, Brandan, possible Kilkenny gone plus I’m not sure if the wages of Franjic have been ever fully allocated. Surely there is more than one vacancy in spots and salary cap?

or maybe he has given Malik a big payrise?

20 minutes ago, neio said:

It wouldn't surprise me if we have a player or 2 lined up as soon as window opens, and we only have one spot left as the others have been filled 

Yea I think we'll see one more player. Probaly another CB or CDM

• Like 2

2 hours ago, neio said:

It wouldn't surprise me if we have a player or 2 lined up as soon as window opens, and we only have one spot left as the others have been filled 

I would be shocked if this was the case, every year is the same especially under CFG. Ross was the first time i'd been shocked with getting players in, in every other case its always been just before the start of the season. I dont expect anyone to come in i will be shocked otherwise.

11 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

I would be shocked if this was the case, every year is the same especially under CFG. Ross was the first time i'd been shocked with getting players in, in every other case its always been just before the start of the season. I dont expect anyone to come in i will be shocked otherwise.

Its always just before the start of the season is it? Malik, Fitzgerald, Caceras, Bouzanis, Safuwan, Clisby, Kennedy, Jaliens, Novillo and Wilkinson all beg to difffer.

Admittedly two of those were injury replacements and one was signed at the start of the season, but to start playing in January. 

Of the 3 January transfer windows that CFG have been in control we have only not bolstered the squad in one of those......

• Like 2

12 hours ago, haz said:

Yea I think we'll see one more player. Probaly another CB or CDM

That's all we need another centre back. CDM I agree because if I see Malik out there one more time stuffing us up with his brain fades and mistakes I will think Wazza's got to go. 

20 hours ago, malloy said:

Its always just before the start of the season is it? Malik, Fitzgerald, Caceras, Bouzanis, Safuwan, Clisby, Kennedy, Jaliens, Novillo and Wilkinson all beg to difffer.

Admittedly two of those were injury replacements and one was signed at the start of the season, but to start playing in January. 

Of the 3 January transfer windows that CFG have been in control we have only not bolstered the squad in one of those......

Fair call, I've obviously have been under a rock in January trade periods. 

Am glad to be proven wrong! 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, playmaker said:

OFF-CONTRACT AT SYDNEY FC:

Alex Brosque, Jordy Buijs, David Carney, Bobo, Charles Lokoli Ngoy, Milos Ninkovic, Andrew Redmayne, Matt Simon, Alex Wilkinson, Michael Zullo, Christopher Zuvela.

Heard that Redmayne guy is a quality keeper. He supports his defense because he always seems to be clapping for them.

• Like 3

After offloading Cahill, Brandan and Killa, we will bring in 3 new CB so we can play 9 of them.we

next season we will see Wazza's plan in full, a starting 11 who are all CB, 3 CB on the bench + keeper (it's in the rules)

Edited by moops
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, moops said:

After offloading Cahill, Brandan and Killa, we will bring in 3 new CB so we can play 9 of them.we

next season we will see Wazza's plan in full, a starting 11 who are all CB, 3 CB on the bench + keeper (it's in the rules)

The problem is that Waz was a midfielder, so we cant get that perfect team of all CBs :(

22 minutes ago, haz said:

The problem is that Waz was a midfielder, so we cant get that perfect team of all CBs :(

Holding midfielder?

That's why we see Atkinson over Azani, he has played RB (a Defender), Azani has only shown intent on attack and scoring

A bit unfair to talk about the two of them, they are both capable.

Edited by moops
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Missing_Moy said:

Good signing should come cheap and is Australian - IF he isn’t still injuried

need something up front to help out Ross & Fotzy

Dont think the prognosis was released, only that he had done something to his knee against Perth and left the club later that week.

From what I can find he's started 10 of 11 (didn't come off the bench the game he didn't start either) this season, playing 778 minutes. Fitness shouldn't be an issue

• Like 1

When you're member of this club then you've got infected with same bug as it's policy and mentality. We've had good enough players to reach at least GF. However the most frequent topic is to change players in the next transfer window.  We want stability but when we sign a player then we wish it's only for half a season. We count (low) number of games played for the club but want to 'drain the swamp' always.  Like CFG ownership will instantly and magically bring in the trophies.

We've had three coaches in the last two seasons. None of them really played our youth players. None of them was shipped to Europe as sensational talent.  Mauk and Retre came from youth. We were mostly happy when they lef the club. Next day we wanted more youth players. 

Big picture is to stay inside top three and concentrate on the finale series. Squad is good enough.

This article https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/12/29/socceroo-mcgowan-facing-premature-uae-exit?cx_navSource=related-side-cx#cxrecs_s suggests that Anthony Caceres might be leaving Al-Wasl in due course.

3 hours ago, Imtellingyou said:

When you're member of this club then you've got infected with same bug as it's policy and mentality. We've had good enough players to reach at least GF. However the most frequent topic is to change players in the next transfer window.  We want stability but when we sign a player then we wish it's only for half a season. We count (low) number of games played for the club but want to 'drain the swamp' always.  Like CFG ownership will instantly and magically bring in the trophies.

We've had three coaches in the last two seasons. None of them really played our youth players. None of them was shipped to Europe as sensational talent.  Mauk and Retre came from youth. We were mostly happy when they lef the club. Next day we wanted more youth players. 

Big picture is to stay inside top three and concentrate on the finale series. Squad is good enough.

IMO you're a little inaccurate. My recollection is that we thought the trade of Mauk for Malik was a poor one, but accepted it because Mauky 's contract was concluding and we knew he wanted to go overseas. With Retre, again my recollection was that many of us thought his departure was a real shame. He was an excellent squad player and never let us down when he came on. A little bit short of pace perhaps, but he's versatile positionally, tackles and passes well and there's no doubting his commitment to the club shirt.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

This article https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/12/29/socceroo-mcgowan-facing-premature-uae-exit?cx_navSource=related-side-cx#cxrecs_s suggests that Anthony Caceres might be leaving Al-Wasl in due course.

IMO you're a little inaccurate. My recollection is that we thought the trade of Mauk for Malik was a poor one, but accepted it because Mauky 's contract was concluding and we knew he wanted to go overseas. With Retre, again my recollection was that many of us thought his departure was a real shame. He was an excellent squad player and never let us down when he came on. A little bit short of pace perhaps, but he's versatile positionally, tackles and passes well and there's no doubting his commitment to the club shirt.

Also our friend @Imtellingyou is making the easy to do mistake of assuming the forum speaks with one voice and is thus confused when it contradicts itself. But it doesn’t speak with one voice.

Person A wants the club “to drain the swamp”. Person B wants “greater player retention”. These views are contradictory and reflect the posters differing views of the clubs needs, doesn’t mean each individual keeps changing their mind or is confused about the consequences of what they are hoping for.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Also our friend @Imtellingyou is making the easy to do mistake of assuming the forum speaks with one voice and is thus confused when it contradicts itself. But it doesn’t speak with one voice.

Person A wants the club “to drain the swamp”. Person B wants “greater player retention”. These views are contradictory and reflect the posters differing views of the clubs needs, doesn’t mean each individual keeps changing their mind or is confused about the consequences of what they are hoping for.

Indeed it's true that the forum has diverse opinions. It does seem at the moment however that quite a few have become mordant lemmings, ready to throw themselves off the cliff because we lost to Victory, and that in a match that we bossed the second half, and only lost because of a brain fart and a dive.

Likewise, forum opinion has been that we need a decent playmaking number 10, but when we sign one, and moreover one who does not take up a visa spot or a marquee slot, it appears the world has ended for some.

Yes, we need a win, yes, there is change and turmoil, yes, we are not following up on early season form, and yes, at times we are hard to watch.  The so called forum cancer appears to be the expectation of success brought with CFG ownership, and I suspect we were all a deal less tortured in the Heart days, when top six was success, and we enjoyed the camaraderie as much as the football.  Heresy it may be, but perhaps we just need to chill out and accept Kipling's maxim that success and failure are both imposters.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Indeed it's true that the forum has diverse opinions. It does seem at the moment however that quite a few have become mordant lemmings, ready to throw themselves off the cliff because we lost to Victory, and that in a match that we bossed the second half, and only lost because of a brain fart and a dive.

Likewise, forum opinion has been that we need a decent playmaking number 10, but when we sign one, and moreover one who does not take up a visa spot or a marquee slot, it appears the world has ended for some.

Yes, we need a win, yes, there is change and turmoil, yes, we are not following up on early season form, and yes, at times we are hard to watch.  The so called forum cancer appears to be the expectation of success brought with CFG ownership, and I suspect we were all a deal less tortured in the Heart days, when top six was success, and we enjoyed the camaraderie as much as the football.  Heresy it may be, but perhaps we just need to chill out and accept Kipling's maxim that success and failure are both imposters.

Mediocrity has plagued this club for so long..........whats wrong the supporters heaping expectation on our club be it Heart or City. I have no dramas with the forum venting right now and you never know who is reading.

For me its good to see passion amongst the supporters that care so much and rules there thoughts after a game be it good or bad result. 

15 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Very eloquently put. But I do think that people - and I am one of them - are finding that bossing matches and losing only because of one or more brain fades is getting just a little too familiar as an excuse. If you want to win silverware then brain fades are just not good enough.

• Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic