Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

3 hours ago, Falastur said:

I'm quite interested in the story of Steve Whyte, who according to that screenshot plays in the position Abwehr (i.e. the WW2 German military intelligence organisation). Is he some kind of time-travelling Nazi agent?

There is a large US base in Hannover, maybe 2.5k servicemen and families live there full time.

28 minutes ago, haz said:

How can we label someone a Walker when hes only played 1 games and is 17? Give him some more games, if hes shit throw him on the rubbish tip

He's referring to the ridiculous over-hyping of Pierias based on a small sample size, as was the case with Walker.

Based on how highly he's touted on here you'd think he played 20-odd games last season and was solid in all of them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Embee said:

He's referring to the ridiculous over-hyping of Pierias based on a small sample size, as was the case with Walker.

Based on how highly he's touted on here you'd think he played 20-odd games last season and was solid in all of them.

Ah I understand. I do hope though he gets more chances to see if hes actually good, might turn out to be another ArchieBalls though

Didnt Walker play 10+ games?

Edited by haz

1 minute ago, haz said:

Ah I understand. I do hope though he gets more chances to see if hes actually good, might turn out to be another ArchieBalls though

Didnt Walker play 10+ games?

So do I, I also like what I saw from him in his limited time last season but I refuse to declare him the answer in that position until we see more of him on a consistent basis.

Yeah, but that goes to show really, even 10+ games is a small sample size and tbf Walker was being hyped up before he'd hit the 10 game mark. 

Yeh what @Embee said. Look Pierias looked good in his one start, but theres prob a reason he hasnt been given another opportunity just yet. Im certainly not prepared to annoint him as a first XI player off one performance if the rest of the coaching staff arent, esp as they see him day in, day out at training and in intra club games.

That said, hopefully he gets a few opportunities and can go on with it.

Walker really only ever played one good game, the one he beat Del Piero, and was bloody average in all his others. Didnt stop people from declaring him starting XI regardless, and ignoring the far better, even if still average, form strike rates of those he was competing with.

54 minutes ago, Embee said:

So do I, I also like what I saw from him in his limited time last season but I refuse to declare him the answer in that position until we see more of him on a consistent basis.

Yeah, but that goes to show really, even 10+ games is a small sample size and tbf Walker was being hyped up before he'd hit the 10 game mark. 

43 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Yeh what @Embee said. Look Pierias looked good in his one start, but theres prob a reason he hasnt been given another opportunity just yet. Im certainly not prepared to annoint him as a first XI player off one performance if the rest of the coaching staff arent, esp as they see him day in, day out at training and in intra club games.

That said, hopefully he gets a few opportunities and can go on with it.

Walker really only ever played one good game, the one he beat Del Piero, and was bloody average in all his others. Didnt stop people from declaring him starting XI regardless, and ignoring the far better, even if still average, form strike rates of those he was competing with.

Yea I agree with both these points. Its one of those problems that the coach has to solve "do we give this young player a chance? or should we play it safe and play the more experienced player (Muscat)". Either option could turn out bad or good. 

Edited by haz

On 25/09/2017 at 1:30 PM, Embee said:

agree 1000%. One game against essentially a sub standard compromised Brisbane Roar side is does not maketh a first XI player. We now need a serious pro RB backup to Shenkenveld and Muskat, and also a LB. Christian Cavallo is not even on a contract, so doubtful he will stay with the club given it is only  a week before we start. Pieras would be a disaster (no disrespect) as second choice to Jamo. Not enough experience. Is currently not even making Intra club bench. Don't think new coach rates him. JVS had a different opinion, however i agree that we need to win games not blood youngters to get headlines. If Joyce and city lose 4 on the trot Joyce will leave, players will revolt, assistants will mutiny and we will be stuffed. Full strength pros with experience only, please. Then you can tear them a new arse when they under perform. No body really wants to go to town on a young player who is thrown in the deep end and is exposed as not ready. 

19 minutes ago, citymad said:

assistants will mutiny

Well it's already happening and Montemurro has been demoted and Valshitis is posting inspiration stuff on twitter to show his loyalty even though he hates Wazza's guts. Munn is just doing what he usually does by saying 'nothing to see here' and hides in his office. 

The only thing I can see happening if players or assistants mutiny is that heads will roll in January and one of the heads isn't Wazza's. 

I have no doubt CFG will back Wazza if things get nasty.

Valshitis and fat mouth Mauk will be the first to get the arse IMO.

42 minutes ago, citymad said:

We now need a serious pro RB backup to Shenkenveld and Muskat, and also a LB. Christian Cavallo is not even on a contract, so doubtful he will stay with the club given it is only  a week before we start. Pieras would be a disaster (no disrespect) as second choice to Jamo.

Salary Cap

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Heart of oakleigh said:

Any news of the aussie RB from the mls?

Havent heard any. Delbridge is really highly rated by FC Cincinatti fans on Reddit, they reckon he's in the best two players at the club. It is only the US 2nd Div though, so not sure thats any better than a dominant NPL  player here. He appears to be more of a CB though, so i'd hazard a guess that Bort would be our RB if he was brought in, if he was able to crack the first team at all.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/soccer/fc-cincinnati/2017/11/17/sources-harrison-delbridge-wont-return-fc-cincinnati-and-hes-not-going-mls/876721001/

Harrison Delbridge has played his last soccer match for Futbol Club Cincinnati.

Multiple sources close to the situation told The Enquirer Delbridge is moving on from the Queen City and will make the jump to Melbourne City FC of the A-League, Australia's first-division league. 

Delbridge, a native Australia, was long considered one of FC Cincinnati's top talents and a likely candidate to move to a Major League Soccer club. 

Related: Some top FCC talent remains unsigned for 2018 season

It's believed Delbridge has Australian national team aspirations, the sources said, and playing in his home country would increase his chances for senior national team appearances. 

It's also believed Delbridge's departure could trigger further FC Cincinnati personnel moves as the club revamps its roster ahead of the 2018 season.

Delbridge, a fan favorite and one of the Queen City's original soccer heroes, made nearly 70 appearances in all competitions during his time with FC Cincinnati and scored four goals in league play.

Delbridge was a stalwart defender and was twice voted a USL First Team selection by United Soccer League media. 

Melbourne City FC is coached by renowned managed Warren Joyce and has been home to some of the country's greatest players.

The team's parent club is Manchester City FC of the English Premier League.

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

If this is true Joyce is collecting defenders like JVS used to collect midfielders. I'd be surprised if we have room under the cap unless we are planning to release an Australian player. I'm not sure what we'd want with another CB who plays in the second tier US League

Kilkenny maybe?

10 hours ago, belaguttman said:

If this is true Joyce is collecting defenders like JVS used to collect midfielders. I'd be surprised if we have room under the cap unless we are planning to release an Australian player. I'm not sure what we'd want with another CB who plays in the second tier US League

Muscat, Malik, Jakobsen, and Tongyik all come out of contract 31/05/18. Don't know how he could be fitted in ATM, but if the rumour is true it looks like Joyce is building for next season.

11 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

Will happily let him go to keep Ross. Me Me Me Me Me Cahill can go sob somewhere else

The tone of this article is that the likelihood of TC leaving is increasing. It's not good that he and Joyce do not appear to be on good terms.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/a-league/socceroos-star-tim-cahill-is-looking-likely-to-leave-melbourne-city-as-he-seeks-more-game-time-ahead-of-world-cup/news-story/25b6526c271f318160610dda6aa9c0b7

5 hours ago, Imtellingyou said:

If anyone of you is TC, still playing key role for Socceroos, scored in double figures last season without taking penalties, scored wining Cup goal - will you quietly sit on the Aleague bench .

That would be interesting poll.

How old are you mate?

5 hours ago, Imtellingyou said:

If anyone of you is TC, still playing key role for Socceroos, scored in double figures last season without taking penalties, scored wining Cup goal - will you quietly sit on the Aleague bench .

That would be interesting poll.

Is there any part of this shit that forum users are meant to understand?

Or do we need to run a poll to see how much people understand?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, mattyh001 said:

Is there any part of this shit that forum users are meant to understand?

Or do we need to run a poll to see how much people understand?

I think we're being a bit harsh on him mate.

The blokes was clearly having a stroke whilst posting this, otherwise he would've written something which would have been coherent. Somebody please help him

• jw1739 pinned this topic