Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

I don't think people are doing any research into Zac before throwing their opinion around. Make of this what you will but these are the facts. He moved from Gold Coast United to Central Coast in 2012, signed on by the most successful and best defensively minded manager in the league in Graham Arnold. Over the course of his aleague career he made over 80 appearances. On top of that he was a part of the 2013 title winning Mariners side, albeit being a bench player.  In 2015 Graham Arnold saw enough quality in him to resign him again for Sydney FC. Then from all reports he left of his own accord for Malaysia. He has also represeneted the national team in both under 20s and under 23s. Add on top of that he is only in his mid 20s.

From this information alone I think he would be an interesting signing and well worth the go, especially if he's on a low wage. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

I don't think people are doing any research into Zac before throwing their opinion around. Make of this what you will but these are the facts. He moved from Gold Coast United to Central Coast in 2012, signed on by the most successful and best defensively minded manager in the league in Graham Arnold. Over the course of his aleague career he made over 80 appearances. On top of that he was a part of the 2013 title winning Mariners side, albeit being a bench player.  In 2015 Graham Arnold saw enough quality in him to resign him again for Sydney FC. Then from all reports he left of his own accord for Malaysia. He has also represeneted the national team in both under 20s and under 23s. Add on top of that he is only in his mid 20s.

From this information alone I think he would be an interesting signing and well worth the go, especially if he's on a low wage. 

Agree. From memory i think he was fairly highly rated at first, but then had a shocking season after Arnold left and was never really able to recapture his form after. It'd be a bit of a nothing signing, in a position we are reasonably well covered in, but if the club think he's worth giving a spot to then i wont argue. Its unlikely signing him would have any impact, unless he proves to go well and makes us better. A nothing to lose situation if you like.

• Like 1

Currently A Full Strength XI (Hard to pick the midfield)

MelbCityOct.JPG.8ba310a037731b6b3fb7b2762c1fabb7.JPG

BENCH: Galekovic, Cahill, Brattan/Carrusca, Tongyik/Malik/La Rocca, Kamau

Possible Changes:

• WE HAVE A STACKED BENCH!
  • Injury Replacement for Bruno?
  • Additional RB signing?
  • Cahill Sub on at 60 (If not starting)
  • Carrusca sub on at 70 (If not starting)
  • Kamau for Brandan ( if still injured)
  • Brattan for Mauk
  • Is Malik or La Rocca a starter under Wazza?
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, n i k o said:

I've seen him put in some fairly ordinary performances on the field.

Having said that players can improve of course.

15 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

Okay @haz, now make one without Bruno. Brandan will start round 1 so let's see what we can do come our first home game

Either youth or Fitzy up front. Or a very unfit injury replacement

But how I would do it

Front3Injury.JPG.6250924a4d59b20f1285effdfc77aefb.JPG

Fitz and Brandan are actually more like strikers. They start outwide and when Mauk (Or even Carrusca) get the ball they make there run towards the center for the through balls. No point trying to cross with the team we have. Brattan and Budzik spray the balls wide to Fitz or Brandan, they play back into Mauk and then make their runs

Edited by haz

1 minute ago, DukeVader said:

Do we still have a VISA spot? Seeing La Rocca and Carrusca are Aussies ?

Nope.

Bruno, Fernando, Marcin, Bort and Jako. An injury replacement for Bruno could be a foreigner though.

How would people feel about giving Milos Lujic a crack as Bruno's injury replacement if we were struggling to find a player of sufficient quality?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Nope.

Bruno, Fernando, Marcin, Bort and Jako. An injury replacement for Bruno could be a foreigner though.

How would people feel about giving Milos Lujic a crack as Bruno's injury replacement if we were struggling to find a player of sufficient quality?

I'd be interested in it, purely just to see how he goes.

Hopefully we can find a stronger replacement though.

10 minutes ago, sharpy said:

I'd be interested in it, purely just to see how he goes.

Hopefully we can find a stronger replacement though.

Me too, obv i'd love to get someone thats a gun or proven somewhere. I do however think the chances of that are slim to none though. Anyone that is of a decent quality you would think would have a club by now, and even if they dont its a hard sell to get someone to move to the other side of the world, in a relative footballing backwater, for a two month contract that is pretty much guaranteed to lead nowhere because of the returning player. I struggle to see an injury replacement being anything other than a speculative punt, or getting someone out of retirement.

Lujic might well be the best option we can get given the circumstances.

51 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Me too, obv i'd love to get someone thats a gun or proven somewhere. I do however think the chances of that are slim to none though. Anyone that is of a decent quality you would think would have a club by now, and even if they dont its a hard sell to get someone to move to the other side of the world, in a relative footballing backwater, for a two month contract that is pretty much guaranteed to lead nowhere because of the returning player. I struggle to see an injury replacement being anything other than a speculative punt, or getting someone out of retirement.

Lujic might well be the best option we can get given the circumstances.

Clubs in the UK bring in loan players all the time.  Admittedly distance will be an issue, but there are always plenty of players not getting a game for whatever reason. And don't forget that for many, Australia is a genuinely exciting, once in a lifetime destination, and they will see the CFG connection as being able to open doors for them. I think we'll find someone who is currently warming the pine in a top league somewhere who will be keen of the opportunity. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, haz said:

Either youth or Fitzy up front. Or a very unfit injury replacement

But how I would do it

Front3Injury.JPG.6250924a4d59b20f1285effdfc77aefb.JPG

Fitz and Brandan are actually more like strikers. They start outwide and when Mauk (Or even Carrusca) get the ball they make there run towards the center for the through balls. No point trying to cross with the team we have. Brattan and Budzik spray the balls wide to Fitz or Brandan, they play back into Mauk and then make their runs

Why is Cahill not in Mauks place??

At this moment we can only look at the players profile and compare.  Sydney and Other club Europeans have better pedigree.  We could actually saw it and our defense is not reinforced yet. 

Vast CFG scouting network search seems to be concluded- injury replacement not needed. Case closed.  

We are without the best player and this is concern.  Just look at Barca and Real without their top guys.  Definitely not the same despite having all other stars.

32 minutes ago, Imtellingyou said:

At this moment we can only look at the players profile and compare.  Sydney and Other club Europeans have better pedigree.  We could actually saw it and our defense is not reinforced yet. 

Vast CFG scouting network search seems to be concluded- injury replacement not needed. Case closed.  

We are without the best player and this is concern.  Just look at Barca and Real without their top guys.  Definitely not the same despite having all other stars.

There's no evidence that a search for an injury replacement for Bruno has been called off. Budzinski was confirmed only today, and he has been in the pipeline for well over a month.
My reading of the way the CFG scouting network works is that the scouts are looking for players for Melbourne City who are under-valued (for whatever reason) in their current environment. They would rather sign a player such as a Fornaroli, a Novillo, or a Budzinski, who they see, all going well, as being able to play for us for several years. It was clearly stated right from the day our ownership changed that we would not be looking at signing big names, rather we would be aiming to sign big players who would become big names. 
IMO your criticism is misplaced. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

At the mariners (post Arnold there). I remember seeing him do some stupid stuff when st the Gold Coast too.

obviously it's a while ago now.

It's not that your observation isn't true but I'd also keep in mind that it would have been the beginning of the rapid decline in the Mariners. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Imtellingyou said:

If not under CFG we would be signing bigger names. Right now everything is shaped around unearthing another profitable transfer out of the club.

If not under CFG we wouldn't have the budget for big names.  I'd rather have big players than big names.  CFG's strategy makes sense.  I'd rather pay for substance than brand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Embee said:

what does this even mean!! City Have 6 scholarship players 5 of them are 17. If this isn't a commitment to developing youth i don;t know what is. Victory have strung these players along for years. Lets see, despite what moron muscat says, how much game time they actually get. 

• jw1739 pinned this topic