Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

10 hours ago, Bellos23 said:

???? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

In my ignorance, I took "Lewa" to be a (joking) reference to Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich).

23 hours ago, Dylan said:

Surely this week we will have a marquee announced whether its that polish guy or not

I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

44 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Brattan quoted as saying we are going to get an injury replacement for Bruno and he will be out for the rest of the year. (World game cbf adding link).

City will be without captain and star striker Bruno Fornaroli for the match (FFA Cup vs. Sydney) after the Uruguayan was hurt against Hakoah.
He will be out until the year's end but Brattan said he expected a replacement to join the club before the start of the season.
"I'm close to him and I'm devastated for him," he said.
"That's football and he'll be back stronger. He's a fantastic character.
"We'll look at replacing him with an injury replacement ... we've still got a little time to work that out."

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/09/12/luke-brattan-wants-hard-nosed-city

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

City will be without captain and star striker Bruno Fornaroli for the match (FFA Cup vs. Sydney) after the Uruguayan was hurt against Hakoah.
He will be out until the year's end but Brattan said he expected a replacement to join the club before the start of the season.
"I'm close to him and I'm devastated for him," he said.
"That's football and he'll be back stronger. He's a fantastic character.
"We'll look at replacing him with an injury replacement ... we've still got a little time to work that out."

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/09/12/luke-brattan-wants-hard-nosed-city

ok, I'm reading year end as: Calendar year end 31/12/2017

not Season end

• Like 1

It's going to be an interesting season, other teams signings from the top of my head include an old bloke who was playing in the Serie A last season, a slew of guy's from the Eredivise, league 1 France, Aussie coming from the Turkish league, a German coach.

We should have gone for the Thai Messi, he looked awesome the other week, he couldn't be to expensive?

I'm looking forward to the season tbh, I'm just hanging for it to start.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bellos23 said:

I used to live in Thailand and watched him multiple times! Very crafty player but lacked confidence outside of the country! He was signed to a la liga side a few years ago but never got much of a go! His goal ratio in Thailand to games was outstanding. Might fit the part with us by may lack the physical side in the a league.

Apparently he is going back to the Thai league with Muangthong, he only got 7 games in the J League so maybe you are right on the physicality.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, neio said:

Is that number 18?

He was the size of a fire hydrant but he was bloody brilliantĀ 

They had several players who were technically superb, and he was one of them - made our lot look like carthorses.

I would take him for City in a heartbeat. Yes sir.

• jw1739 pinned this topic