Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

3 hours ago, nah brah said:

i thought carrusca was done.  announced etc.  and budz pulled out.

imo our squad is mostly pretty good.  although we are overloaded in midfield without having a standout creative attacking mid.  but i dont think wazza has much interest in creative players.  judging by his comments in preseason games he values athleticism over creativity.  i expect us to top the card tally this season.

and there is one other major problem we have in the squad. we havent replaced ivan franjic.

Based on Franjic performances last season Muscat is an adequate swap. 

turns out currusca said goodbye to adelaids only 2 days ago on twitter. 

4 hours ago, playmaker said:

Wouldn't be surprised I'd he plays 4 CB tbh, or at least until he is happy with the defensive structure. We may be in for some boring 1 nil wins early in the season.

yeah i could see that.  i guess we will see on wednesday who he lines up against sydney.  

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

Based on Franjic performances last season Muscat is an adequate swap. 

tenor.gif

Edited by nah brah

1 hour ago, nah brah said:

turns out currusca said goodbye to adelaids only 2 days ago on twitter. 

yeah i could see that.  i guess we will see on wednesday who he lines up against sydney.  

tenor.gif

At right back he was no better or worse than Franjic. Franjic was never close to reaching the peak of football he's capable of. Or I should say 'used to be' capable of playing. And remember Muscat was part of the squad that smashed the tards both in the second round and the semis of the FFA cup when we arguably played our best football. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Muscat played really well at right back last year. Anyone who doesn't think so wasn't watching.

I started the season being extremely sceptical of the bloke but soon changed my tune when I saw him play. 

Hes just shit at CB next to Malik. RB I agree he is more then capable being a starting XI RB in the HAL

Edited by haz
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, n i k o said:

To be fair to Malik it was Muscats own absolute howlers at centre back that gave him the reputation of being shit there. 

I agree to an extent, from memory (I could be wrong?) the game he was sent off, for the 2nd yellow wasn't he left completely isolated by Malik going walkabout? But his challenge was stupid though.

EDIT: Found the highlight, I was wrong. First card, he was covering for Malik, 2nd card was all his fault. 

Edited by haz

30 minutes ago, haz said:

I agree to an extent, from memory (I could be wrong?) the game he was sent off, for the 2nd yellow wasn't he left completely isolated by Malik going walkabout? But his challenge was stupid though.

EDIT: Found the highlight, I was wrong. First card, he was covering for Malik, 2nd card was all his fault. 

single handedly cost us the game.

also he is the laziest RB in the league.  just stand flatfooted in the attacking half jacking off.  does not get back and cover.   his effort at CB was even worse.

muscat is great in one on ones.  there is no doubt.  but dont let those moments of class fool you.  we need to replace franjic.

1 hour ago, nah brah said:

also he is the laziest RB in the league.  just stand flatfooted in the attacking half jacking off.  does not get back and cover.   his effort at CB was even worse.

muscat is great in one on ones.  there is no doubt.  but dont let those moments of class fool you.  we need to replace franjic.

Seriously think Muscat fucked your girl?

There wasn't even this much hate from someone to Koren

Edited by haz

13 hours ago, nah brah said:

You seriously need help if you think that the 2nd foul was his fault. That back pass was fking hopeless. Again a midfield error costing us goals, and that back passing was the theme of the whole season and a tactic that cost us all season. You are best to forget last season as I don't think any of that will be encouraged under Joyce.

Edited by playmaker

Aren't we in desperate need of a striker here? Looking at the contracted players we only have Cahill and maybe Mauk who can play as a central striker in the first couple of months. That doesn't inspire much confidence in me. Surely we have to bring someone else in with less than a month to go.

3 minutes ago, Jake said:

Aren't we in desperate need of a striker here? Looking at the contracted players we only have Cahill and maybe Mauk who can play as a central striker in the first couple of months. That doesn't inspire much confidence in me. Surely we have to bring someone else in with less than a month to go.

No Aleague club has nowhere near the same depth at striker as we do, would be a total waste

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

??

Name one a league team that has a better back-up than Mauk, let alone Cahill. I can think of arguably Matt Simon but thats about it.
Although unproven, i think John Roberts is a real prospect too. Fitzy capable of playing as a striker too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dylan said:

I probably did not word that well, Basically what @bt50 said. Plus add the point of why waste a squad spot and cap space on a position where we have the best depth of any club

Exactly, and dont get me wrong if we can nail a decent quality injury replacement id be wrapt with that, but i dont see it as a) likely or b ) a desperate need as in we are fucked without it.

57 minutes ago, Dylan said:

I probably did not word that well, Basically what @bt50 said. Plus add the point of why waste a squad spot and cap space on a position where we have the best depth of any club

We're not wasting either with an injury replacement player for Bruno. We're simply giving ourselves more options.

To me there are basically three key differences between last year and this year's squads.

1.With the loss of Colazo and the huge question mark over Brandon our wings are substantially weaker.

2.with the injection of La Rocca and Bart our central defence is substantially stronger.

3. With the loss of the 2 best crossers in Colazo and  Franjic, the question begs who will land the ball on Cahill's head now?

Whilst our defence is stronger, our attack (even with Bruno) looks a lot weaker.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, belaguttman said:

...and that's the problem because last year our defence had improved but our attack had become less potent

Plus Cahill isn't 25 anymore and has Socceroo duties coming up.

Didn't we get this Miller in guy some years ago as an International dury replacement?

37 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

To me there are basically three key differences between last year and this year's squads.

1.With the loss of Colazo and the huge question mark over Brandon our wings are substantially weaker.

2.with the injection of La Rocca and Bart our central defence is substantially stronger.

3. With the loss of the 2 best crossers in Colazo and  Franjic, the question begs who will land the ball on Cahill's head now?

Whilst our defence is stronger, our attack (even with Bruno) looks a lot weaker.

While I totally agree with you and everything you have written is spot on, don't you think it allows us to test our young forwards and see if they are up to the task? I think a little 'wait and see' approach is in order as just maybe this is a breakthrough season for at least one of them.

Edited by playmaker
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris p said:

Still not sure how people are viewing La Rocca as a net gain 

In order of best central players:

Jako

Bart

La Rocca

Tongyik

Malik

With this order in mind you can see why he has been brought in. And if it means that we never ever see Malik in that position it's a good thing. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

In order of best central players:

Jako

Bart

La Rocca

Tongyik

Malik

With this order in mind you can see why he has been brought in. And if it means that we never ever see Malik in that position it's a good thing. 

Lets just play 6 at the back, 4 CB and a LB and RB.... park the bus everygame, draw 0-0

--------------------------------Galekovic--------------------------------------

Muscat------Bort------Jako----LaRocca----Tongyik-----Scotty J

-----------------------------Malik---------------Kilkenny-------------------------

---------------------------------------Brattan-----------------------------------------

----------------------------------------Bruno--------------------------------------------

Edited by haz

1 hour ago, haz said:

Lets just play 6 at the back, 4 CB and a LB and RB.... park the bus everygame, draw 0-0

-----------------------------Malik---------------Kilkenny-------------------------

---------------------------------------Brattan-----------------------------------------

----------------------------------------Bruno--------------------------------------------

We'd prob still get caught on the counter fucken 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, haz said:

I like it

12 hours ago, haz said:

With Malik and Togyik there we'll still concede two goals. And Bruno is injured in case you missed it...

• jw1739 pinned this topic