Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

12 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Victory have signed a Surinamese-born dutch winger who did we get? As always, we are going to get arse raped by them.

Lol last three seasons has played in the Azerbaijan league, and the Turkish 2nd div. Numbers in Turkey are nothing startling. There'd be a meltdown here if we signed him.

Exactly the sort of signing i expect them to make with their sweet fa cap space left.

Edited by bt50

4 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Lol last three seasons has played in the Azerbaijan league, and the Turkish 2nd div. Numbers in Turkey are nothing startling. There'd be a meltdown here if we signed him.

Exactly the sort of signing i expect them to make with their sweet fa cap space left.

At least they are being proactive and will get time to gel. I know we shouldn't be rushing to sign anyone but the new players need time to gel. Signing someone like Budzinski isn't flash either. Does anyone rate the Polish league?

47 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

At least they are being proactive and will get time to gel. I know we shouldn't be rushing to sign anyone but the new players need time to gel. Signing someone like Budzinski isn't flash either. Does anyone rate the Polish league?

UOTIH : The 'gel' concept is mostly a bullshit concept. Case in point is us last year; started brilliantly, faded into obscurity as we 'gelled'.

I get what you're saying with Buszinski, and fair enough. Even if we don't get excited about him, there's absolutely no reason to get excited about this guy Victory have picked up. Not saying he's guaranteed to be shit, but he's likely on fuck all and coming from a somewhere thats even more of a football backwater than here; its the definition of underwhelming.

1 hour ago, Tony999 said:

At least they are being proactive

Correct, A signing is better than no signing at all! His playing record is more than adequate for being a good signing for the A-League. I'm utterly jealous.

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Excuse me, we are in the exact same position with having no cap space left!

11 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Correct, A signing is better than no signing at all! His playing record is more than adequate for being a good signing for the A-League. I'm utterly jealous.

Excuse me, we are in the exact same position with having no cap space left!

Except our squad is virtually finished, bar the marquee that has no impact on cap space anyway...

They still had two visa spots left, now one obv.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Except our squad is virtually finished, bar the marquee that has no impact on cap space anyway...

They still had two visa spots left, now one obv.

We still have one visa place left and one marquee place left (which could be bundled into a visa marquee) and we have two visa players out with injury. I shall be disappointed if we don't fill a couple of these places. I don't want to keep playing second fiddle to MV.

2 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

We still have one visa place left and one marquee place left (which could be bundled into a visa marquee) and we have two visa players out with injury. I shall be disappointed if we don't fill a couple of these places. I don't want to keep playing second fiddle to MV.

One of which is going to be back very early in the season, the other only went down last week and nobody knows the extent or severity of the injury yet due to all the conflicting reports.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

Correct, A signing is better than no signing at all!

Supporters demand a signing for signing sake and wonder 'what's wrong with this club'

Club signs a nobody, let's call him player X

Supporters come to conclusion that player X has rubbish playing history

Supporters whinge and complain about club for not signing someone better 

Supporters whinge louder and more frequently about player X and the club during the season

Season ends and player X is moved on/still under contract

Supporters whinge about the club needing to bring some quality in this time/ being stuck with player X

Sometime into off season the club hasn't made a signing

Supporters demand a signing for signing sake and wonder 'what's wrong with this club'

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Club signs a nobody, let's call him player X

Supporters come to conclusion that player X has rubbish playing history

Supporters whinge and complain about club for not signing someone better 

Supporters whinge louder and more frequently about player X and the club during the season

Season ends and player X is moved on/still under contract

Supporters whinge about the club needing to bring some quality in this time/ being stuck with player X

Sometime into off season the club hasn't made a signing

Are these the 9 amendments of pleb supporters?

10. Some supporters whinge as the salary cap is poorly managed

1 minute ago, Mr MO said:

You need to understand that not everyone agrees with you that the cap has been poorly managed. Its subjective for starters, and b, we don't have the full picture as far as actual numbers go.
Same applies for Victory obviously, as we don't have their full numbers either.

1 hour ago, Embee said:

One of which is going to be back very early in the season, the other only went down last week and nobody knows the extent or severity of the injury yet due to all the conflicting reports.

If we do start the season with half our visa players out (as well as Cahill on Roos duty), then I expect we'll perform as well as all the other seasons when half our visa players have been unavailable

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bt50 said:

You need to understand that not everyone agrees with you that the cap has been poorly managed. Its subjective for starters, and b, we don't have the full picture as far as actual numbers go.
Same applies for Victory obviously, as we don't have their full numbers either.

I understand BT, I'm sorry for my comment - I shall go back in line and only be positive.

But what if I have the full picture?

27 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

or the club signs Player X and turns out he is a gun. Sign a player! Anyone FFS!

Yep and you'll be amongst the first to whinge when player X is shit. You can't have your cake and eat it too. 

8 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Just the standard cycle of events that a lot of supporters on this forum follow. Your point about salary cap management is a seperate issue to your throw away comment of a signing being better than no signing at all. 

5 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Your point about salary cap management is a seperate issue to your throw away comment of a signing being better than no signing at all. 

Ummmmm nooooooo they there are 100% related. BT mentioned this ages ago, the highest paid players will be made marquee, for example if we sign somebody on lower wages than TC, all this can have impact on the cap and how to manage it.

And with a signing somebody I mean finding a bloody replacement for Bruno obviously or bringing in another decent 10 or left winger to cover for Brandan. 

Edited by Mr MO

6 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I understand BT, I'm sorry for my comment - I shall go back in line and only be positive.

But what if I have the full picture?

Not saying that at all. You're full entitled to your opinion and there's just as much chance of it being right as mine is. Just saying your opinion isnt fact, its an opinion; very different concepts.

If you have the full picture, as in all the financials and what everyone is being paid down to the dollar, then please share with us and we can all make a more informed judgement, which again, would be an opinion, not a fact.

6 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Ummmmm nooooooo they there are 100% related.

And with a signing somebody I mean finding a bloody replacement for Bruno obviously or bringing in another decent 10 or left winger to cover for Brandan. 

Injury replacements are not at all related to salary cap management, they're relevant to the player that is injured.

2 minutes ago, bt50 said:

If you have the full picture, as in all the financials and what everyone is being paid down to the dollar, then please share with us and we can all make a more informed judgement, which again, would be an opinion, not a fact.

I can't share the knowledge of what I know about how the cap is managed, it will break many little hearts on here and fan posters will be ripped of the wall.  

Just now, Mr MO said:

Sorry I just did see above, edit

You're shifting goal posts. Your original comment was in regards to the tards signing a no name player and being jealous of them for doing so. No where was there mention that the above comments were regarding us not signing someone as an injury replacement for Bruno or Brandan. 

23 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

If we do start the season with half our visa players out (as well as Cahill on Roos duty), then I expect we'll perform as well as all the other seasons when half our visa players have been unavailable

If one of them is out for the first 3 games (I've been told numerous times by people in and around the club that Brandan will be back early in the season) and the other is out for the first 4-5 (as was seemingly originally the duration of Bruno's injury) then what would you have us realistically do? As always on this forum, I hear a lot of problems and basically no realistic solutions.

Edited by Embee

1 minute ago, Embee said:

If one of them is out for the first 3 games and the other is out for the first 4-5 (as was seemingly originally the duration of Bruno's injury) then what would you have us realistically do? As always on this forum, I hear a lot of problems and basically no realistic solutions.

Exactly. The chance of getting anyone of decent enough quality for a 3-6 week stint on the other side of the world are near to nil at that time of the year.

50 minutes ago, n i k o said:

You're shifting goal posts. Your original comment was in regards to the tards signing a no name player and being jealous of them for doing so. No where was there mention that the above comments were regarding us not signing someone as an injury replacement for Bruno or Brandan. 

I'm sorry that I'm confusing you, my brain works better than my writing.

Signing possible hidden gem like Leroy George,is something I envy. if he is really cheap, as he must be because Victory has no cap space left than it's a winner, if he is a failure and on not much money that's it is not the end of the world either - Hence I said such a signing is better than no signing at all, worth the risk. I would love to see such a player come in as injury replacement.

We can potentially get a player in on Brandan's wages front load his contract and left him finish the season on lower pay, with the little remaining money under the cap?

The second part and mistakenly mixed up in this heated argument is my on opinion that we are stuck in our salary cap and budget management, and how this can affect also the injury replacements.

Edited by Mr MO

2 hours ago, Embee said:

If one of them is out for the first 3 games (I've been told numerous times by people in and around the club that Brandan will be back early in the season) and the other is out for the first 4-5 (as was seemingly originally the duration of Bruno's injury) then what would you have us realistically do? As always on this forum, I hear a lot of problems and basically no realistic solutions.

There's little we can do unless there's a decent period of time where we can sign an injury replacement or arrange a guest stint as a stop gap. Our performance will suffer though, just as it does with every team in the League that isn't fielding all its visa players for whatever reason

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Embee said:

With your inside information is there any evidence that we are looking for an injury replacement for Bruno as was touted in the media?

Also, what is the situation with both Budzinski and Carrusca - signed or not?

9 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

With your inside information is there any evidence that we are looking for an injury replacement for Bruno as was touted in the media?

I've got nothing on the above subjects outside of what's been reported in the media unfortunately 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tony999 said:

Being a foundation member I'm entitled to whinge. Seen it all before too many times. Just win me some silverware man. 

Just to seperate two parts to this, firstly being that of course you're entitled to your opinion and also to whinge. The second part though is the context of the whinge hence my response.

4 hours ago, Mr MO said:

I'm sorry that I'm confusing you, my brain works better than my writing.

Signing possible hidden gem like Leroy George,is something I envy. if he is really cheap, as he must be because Victory has no cap space left than it's a winner, if he is a failure and on not much money that's it is not the end of the world either - Hence I said such a signing is better than no signing at all, worth the risk. I would love to see such a player come in as injury replacement.

We can potentially get a player in on Brandan's wages front load his contract and left him finish the season on lower pay, with the little remaining money under the cap?

The second part and mistakenly mixed up in this heated argument is my on opinion that we are stuck in our salary cap and budget management, and how this can affect also the injury replacements.

Id like to find a hidden gem too. But on the back of some serious research from the club. Comes back to wording when saying to 'just sign anyone.' 

1 minute ago, n i k o said:

Id like to find a hidden gem too. But on the back of some serious research from the club. Comes back to wording when saying to 'just sign anyone.' 

I've never said that mate to be precise, I said - any signing would be better than no signing at all. But let's not argue over my badly worded language on this forum please.

15 hours ago, jw1739 said:

i thought carrusca was done.  announced etc.  and budz pulled out.

imo our squad is mostly pretty good.  although we are overloaded in midfield without having a standout creative attacking mid.  but i dont think wazza has much interest in creative players.  judging by his comments in preseason games he values athleticism over creativity.  i expect us to top the card tally this season.

and there is one other major problem we have in the squad. we havent replaced ivan franjic.

7 minutes ago, nah brah said:

imo our squad is mostly pretty good.  although we are overloaded in midfield without having a standout creative attacking mid.  but i dont think wazza has much interest in creative players.  judging by his comments in preseason games he values athleticism over creativity.  i expect us to top the card tally this season.

and there is one other major problem we have in the squad. we havent replaced ivan franjic.

No announcement on Carrusca that I can find - media report only.

30 minutes ago, nah brah said:

Wouldn't be surprised I'd he plays 4 CB tbh, or at least until he is happy with the defensive structure. We may be in for some boring 1 nil wins early in the season.

• jw1739 pinned this topic