Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

5 hours ago, bt50 said:

Based on nothing but a pondering, but perhaps if Cahill has been moved to marquee, we are waiting for Budzinski to sign on the dotted line before 'officially' signing Chelo. So say hypothetically we have say 500k left in the cap and we've offered Budszinski 300k and Chelo 200k. If Airbud was to suddenly say i want 350k, we want to have that room to move and then say to Chelo after, sorry we only have 150k now, take it or leave it.

Ie we are tabling an offer to Chelo, but on the proviso that the other deal goes through.

Again based on nothing and a complete hypothetical, but that's a scenario that realistic and possibly playing out as we speak.

Yea I think sounds accurate, also provides a reason for Marcelo C. to work harder for the contract/money

25 minutes ago, CityHeart said:

nah, the 'only training' sounds like a quick excuse after Bruno spilt the beans.

I think Marcelo has agreed to a deal, but not officially signed on the dotted line. Bruno jumped the gun a bit.

If he was just 'training' why would Bruno tweet it?

That sounds pretty credible!  I suspect those who think we'll sign him as a late change option under the cap may well be right.  With Budziński as well that would look a well stacked and balanced squad, arguably the best we've had overall.

46 minutes ago, CityHeart said:

nah, the 'only training' sounds like a quick excuse after Bruno spilt the beans.

I think Marcelo has agreed to a deal, but not officially signed on the dotted line. Bruno jumped the gun a bit.

If he was just 'training' why would Bruno tweet it?

Is it possible that Bruno was simply referring to the four Latinos as "the family"?

20 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Is it possible that Bruno was simply referring to the four Latinos as "the family"?

Anything is possible - but why would Bruno delete it as quickly as i went up? Aren't they "family" anymore? LOL.

I think that has been the giveaway - the immediate deletion. 

37 minutes ago, haz said:

Marcelo C. was broken last year, so if he does sign I hope its not to be a regular starter. Backup for Budzik would be good.

16 starts,  19 matches altogether in the A-League for 1421 minutes. 2 goals and 1 assist. Not outstanding figures. Did not play in any of the  six ACL matches.

28 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

16 starts,  19 matches altogether in the A-League for 1421 minutes. 2 goals and 1 assist. Not outstanding figures. Did not play in any of the  six ACL matches.

Ah my mistake, I had the thought that he was injured for a long period of time.

Edited by haz

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

Question about A-League/FFA rules. Can someone be signed as a player on the minimum wage and also hold a coaching position in the club and be paid separately for those additional duties, only the "player wage" being counted as within the cap?

There is no way of FFA knowing anything provided it's not stated in the contract nor is the player being paid on the side while contracted as a player. 

Edited by n i k o

39 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Question about A-League/FFA rules. Can someone be signed as a player on the minimum wage and also hold a coaching position in the club and be paid separately for those additional duties, only the "player wage" being counted as within the cap?

No. 

I think it has been tested before too.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, jeffplz said:

Yusuf Ahmed was offered a senior contract but was denied due to an injury. Will be given a nother go next season

Is this guy even at the club anymore? He has not played any NPL games and has not been seen at any training sessions. Why would they give him a contract. surely there is another player.

8 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Only if we go to playoffs will he have to play- I think we'll be alright.

No friendlies lined up?

I actually don't mind playing Timmy upfront and see how that works, Bruno has never missed a game so we've never really tried that I believe. Both of them upfront isn't an option. 

Edited by Mr MO

12 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

No friendlies lined up?

I actually don't mind playing Timmy upfront and see how that works, Bruno has never missed a game so we've never really tried that I believe. Both of them upfront isn't an option. 

Playing Adelaide United next Tuesday at CFA but Timmy will be with national team.

47 minutes ago, HughJass said:

If we get a injury replacememt he could go from injury replacement contract to a guest contract if bruno isnt ready till January

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

If we get a injury replacememt he could go from injury replacement contract to a guest contract if bruno isnt ready till January

Does anyone seriously think the club is going to be in the market for a "like" replacement. 

All this injury replacement to guest player scenario is just wishful thinking.

It's pretty clear they are very tight when forking out the cash on players.

4 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Does anyone seriously think the club is going to be in the market for a "like" replacement. 

It is so tempting though. As terrible as it is for Bruno (that amateur hack tackle was just fukd), it certainly gives us some unpredictability going forward if we do indeed pick up a replacement player.

4 minutes ago, Jovan said:

The payments to the injured player during the injury are covered by insurance. AFAIK there's no additional wage cost to a club with a like-for-like injury replacement.

2 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

The payments to the injured player during the injury are covered by insurance. AFAIK there's no additional wage cost to a club with a like-for-like injury replacement.

To find a 20 goal a season striker will cost serious money. So to replace Bruno is almost unrealistic. 

I just don't see it happening. 

26 minutes ago, Jovan said:

All this talk about City's 'unlimited budget' just ignores reality

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

This.  The cost is covered substantially by insurance.  It's about finding the right player, where the opportunity suits that player. 

• jw1739 pinned this topic