Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

56 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

To me the season swings on the back four. We play like the City of old then we are cooked before we've even started, but if Jammo, MJ, La Rocca & Dutchy are fit and well organised, then who knows as we have plenty of strike power up front.

Back four Schenkeveld, La Rocca, Jakobsen and Jamieson looks very sound, I agree. Who do we bring in should there be an injury or other unavailability?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, DFG_82 said:

Bud was seen at CFA Manchester yesterday. Probably getting Medical done before flying to Melbourne. Announcement tomorrow or Monday seems likely. 

Wont be announced until he is in CFA Melbourne holding up the shirt. So yea 3 days for travel, weekend for settling  in, then announcement Monday or Tuesday.

Also what is your source?

11 minutes ago, DFG_82 said:

Awesome, the guy who reported it is an actual Polish journalist so it has credability to it.  So yea looks like we have our starting XI sorted.

------------------------Galekovic----------------------------------

Muscat/Bort----Bort/Tongyik----Jak---Jamieson

-------------------------Kilkenny------------------------------------

---------Brattan/Mauk-------Budzik----------------------------

Fitz----------------------Bruno-----------------------Brandan/Kamau

BENCH: Bouzanis, Cahill, Brattan/Mauk, La Rocca/Malik, Arzani/Kamau

(Although I have a gut feeling the Bouzanis will be our NO.1)

3 minutes ago, HughJass said:

Already been reported, Victory will get him, our name thrown in just to spice up the article

22 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I'm not so confident at this stage but time will tell. Schenkeveld is a good addition, and Budzinski looks as though he will be if he comes. We seem to be relying fairly heavily on a core bunch of senior players supplemented by some largely untried U-23s and then scholarship players. I have my doubts about Bouzanis, Muscat, Malik and Kamau. I'd like to know just where Galekovic and Mauk are. 

The FFA Cup match on 29th will be a good indicator, because we can't afford to experiment in that sort of match or ship goals and have to play catch-up.

I've just put up my latest calculated reserved seat memberships in the Memberships thread.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Can confirm Mauk is injured and Bouzanis is 1st preferred keeper. Got the news today from a close source to the group. Did not substantiate on Mauk injury, but beyond the FFA goal injury. Bouzanis looking forward to having an improved defence.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

Can confirm Mauk is injured and Bouzanis is 1st preferred keeper. Got the news today from a close source to the group. Did not substantiate on Mauk injury, but beyond the FFA goal injury. Bouzanis looking forward to having an improved defence.

Hi Dean

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

This club isn't serious enough about their goalkeepers, this is just plain wank if true.

Looking at the friendlies played, Galekovic hasn't even had the opportunity to play and why spend money on him anyway.

I think JW has mentioned this before, better of getting a mature rookie NPL keeper in as a back up and spend the money on players.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

This club isn't serious enough about their goalkeepers, this is just plain wank if true.

Looking at the friendlies played, Galekovic hasn't even had the opportunity to play and why spend money on him anyway.

I think JW has mentioned this before, better of getting a mature rookie NPL keeper in as a back up and spend the money on players.

The problem is mate, that deano just has the best distribution in the a-league when it comes to goalkeepers.

It's not about stopping the fucking ball from going into the net, all about the distribution baby!

He also was at liverpool for sometime, must mean hes amazing.  

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Mate I dont disagree... been a member for 2 years, every home game for 3 seasons... I felt the frustration of Sorensons season last year and the pathetic choices City made in regards to the defence and goalkeeper position.

I dont know why City has made this choice, but Galekovic has played what 45 minutes in a few games... Dean has been first choice each time. As it stands currently, Dean is 1st choice going in to the season 17/18. 

20 minutes ago, DFG_82 said:

Hi Dean

Gday!

16 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

Mate I dont disagree... been a member for 2 years, every home game for 3 seasons... I felt the frustration of Sorensons season last year and the pathetic choices City made in regards to the defence and goalkeeper position.

I dont know why City has made this choice, but Galekovic has played what 45 minutes in a few games... Dean has been first choice each time. As it stands currently, Dean is 1st choice going in to the season 17/18. 

Gday!

I can live with the decision to make Dean Nr 1 even if I don't agree with it. It's the money spend on Galekovic give him 30minutes in a pre season and let him rot away on the bench is just something unheard off in a salary capped league.

1 hour ago, JMSTEP123 said:

'Bouzanis' and 'improved' defence are oxymoronic

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Ummm....

54 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I can live with the decision to make Dean Nr 1 even if I don't agree with it. It's the money spend on Galekovic give him 30minutes in a pre season and let him rot away on the bench is just something unheard off in a salary capped league.

48 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Ummm....

Yeah City really made some appauling decisions re. Sorenson. We hope they would have learnt from their mistakes. Unfortunatly, the greatest mistake they seem to make is being able to learn from their mistakes in the first place. I love the club... but it has systemic failure on multiple levels.

Cue the optimism - Wazza can and hopefully is given the freedom to turn things around. Rule with an Iron Fist. Get the most out of the boys - hell may even get the best out of Bouzanis and this convo will be history. But we cant neglect the fact that change wont happen over night, and it is probably going to take a while for it to capitalise even if it is working well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

Yeah City really made some appauling decisions re. Sorenson. We hope they would have learnt from their mistakes. Unfortunatly, the greatest mistake they seem to make is being able to learn from their mistakes in the first place. I love the club... but it has systemic failure on multiple levels.

Cue the optimism - Wazza can and hopefully is given the freedom to turn things around. Rule with an Iron Fist. Get the most out of the boys - hell may even get the best out of Bouzanis and this convo will be history. But we cant neglect the fact that change wont happen over night, and it is probably going to take a while for it to capitalise even if it is working well.

I love it when a new forum member post something that is logícal and thought out, rather then some of the shit we have had to read lately.  Keep it up :):)

9 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

Wazza can and hopefully is given the freedom to turn things around. Rule with an Iron Fist. Get the most out of the boys - hell may even get the best out of Bouzanis and this convo will be history. But we cant neglect the fact that change wont happen over night, and it is probably going to take a while for it to capitalise even if it is working well.

Can very well be true with Wazza, doesn't make Galekovic any cheaper and is still taking up cap space. With a small squad of 23 and salary cap you don't throw money at keepers hoping that the best may win the spot, no you recruit a clear Nr 1 and cheap back up. Where have heard this about Bouzanis anyway, where you at the club today?

Edited by Mr MO

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

We could have done that with Galekovic without paying him as a player and instead of employing Vanstrattan.

Of course, I'm just trying to reason why.

Maybe they see him as great no2 whilst he does his badges (maybe it's something he requested, he is 40?), didn't he state  that he wanted to come back to Melbourne and we don't know what type of money he is on, he could also be inline for the NPL GK coaching role.

He might be wanting to wind it down and if the club pays for his badges (GK A & B, FFA A, B & C), brings him back to his home city close to family and is offering him a coaching role as well, he could be on reduced wages.

It's speculation on my part and could be total nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Can very well be true with Wazza, doesn't make Galekovic any cheaper and I should still taking up cap space. With a small squad of 23 and salary cap you don't throw money at keepers hoping that the best may win the spot, no you recruit a clear Nr 1 and cheap back up. Where have heard this about Bouzanis anyway, where you at the club today?

Very true.. time will tell how he is used I suppose. Seems a waste on the face of it.

I work in Primary schools and was chatting with a bloke who runs the soccer clinic in schools. Didnt push the convo any further besides also him seeming to think Jan is realistic for Brandans return. But that seemed pure speculation, Mauk and Bouzanis seemed set in stone. At least how things are travelling currently at City HQ

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, moops said:

Of course, I'm just trying to reason why.

Maybe they see him as great no2 whilst he does his badges (maybe it's something he requested, he is 40?), didn't he state  that he wanted to come back to Melbourne and we don't know what type of money he is on, he could also be inline for the NPL GK coaching role.

He might be wanting to wind it down and if the club pays for his badges (GK A & B, FFA A, B & C), brings him back to his home city close to family and is offering him a coaching role as well, he could be on reduced wages.

It's speculation on my part and could be total nonsense.

The agreement with the PFA requires players to be on standard contracts, which have a specified minimum wage. Even if there were other arrangements outside that contract to offset the overall payment from club to player, that minimum salary would be the one counted for salary cap purposes. Have a read of Vince Grella's time with Heart.

Galekovic is 36.

Edited by jw1739

9 minutes ago, haz said:

I love it when a new forum member post something that is logícal and thought out, rather then some of the shit we have had to read lately.  Keep it up :):)

You mean to say Ibra was outlandish speculation and JVS was a master tactician whose tactics were beyond the tier of out great league? 

I shall keep it up! Cmon City... gotta love it, except when you dont or want to but just cannot face it.

1 minute ago, n i k o said:

Give them time to learn the ways 

I have seen the highs and lows of this forum from the lurking vantage point. The longevity of the sack the JVS thread; Frankston brandan; countless and on point analysis of successes and failures; the digs of not being a true member if you are not carrying PTSD from early campaigns...

Been some places, had some feels, seen some shit. Now I am glad to be contributing. 

55 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

Wazza can and hopefully is given the freedom to turn things around. Rule with an Iron Fist. Get the most out of the boys - hell may even get the best out of Bouzanis and this convo will be history. But we cant neglect the fact that change wont happen over night, and it is probably going to take a while for it to capitalise even if it is working well.

The secret to good coaching is to find a way to motivate each individual as well as motivate the group. Ruling with an iron fist is usually not the way to achieve this

50 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

The agreement with the PFA requires players to be on standard contracts, which have a specified minimum wage. Even if there were other arrangements outside that contract to offset the overall payment from club to player, that minimum salary would be the one counted for salary cap purposes. Have a read of Vince Grella's time with Heart.

Galekovic is 36.

Of course, I mean reduced from what he was getting at AU.

For some reason I thought he was older, 36 is still a good age.

Makes it even more strange why he isn't starting.

7 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Zlatan officially re-signed with Man United. What an absolute joke this club is. The lack of ambition shown by the board is a disgrace. Yet another transfer for a decent player falls through and the club are too busy paying teenagers to play FIFA and organising dinners at Biggie Smalls. I for one am sick to death of it, CFG clearly don't care about Melbourne at all they are just using us as a mini-Manchester clone to sell sky blue shirts and harvest our young talent. I am calling up the club to cancel my membership as I type this. Another failed season coming up. I AM OUT.

They're closed now bud so wait till tomoz morning. Or leave your thoughts on city voice. 

Edited by n i k o

18 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Zlatan officially re-signed with Man United. What an absolute joke this club is. The lack of ambition shown by the board is a disgrace. Yet another transfer for a decent player falls through and the club are too busy paying teenagers to play FIFA and organising dinners at Biggie Smalls. I for one am sick to death of it, CFG clearly don't care about Melbourne at all they are just using us as a mini-Manchester clone to sell sky blue shirts and harvest our young talent. I am calling up the club to cancel my membership as I type this. Another failed season coming up. I AM OUT.

#Yoof #Believe #KeepRedandWhite

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, n i k o said:

They're closed now bud so wait till tomoz morning. Or leave your thoughts on city voice. 

I'm happy to keep calling all night, such is my disgust and rage!

11 minutes ago, haz said:

#Yoof #Believe #KeepRedandWhite

All I want is a team with the ambition to spend money on big name players who will win us titles but only focus on playing youth. Is that too much to ask?

• Like 2

• jw1739 pinned this topic