Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

3 minutes ago, moops said:

True, but you can't just ignore the past either.

who is left from that team that is in the first 11.  fornaroli is the only key player.  we need to play differently.  although i admit without that system fornaroli might never reach the same heights.  we really should have bought a manager in who was good with a 442.  it's such a waste of money not have cahill and fornaroli as our starting 2 strikers.

im not saying i would choose that formation as my preference. im saying that if are spending 150% of the cap on two players, then we should be using them and building around them.

17 minutes ago, nah brah said:

who is left from that team that is in the first 11.  fornaroli is the only key player.  we need to play differently.  although i admit without that system fornaroli might never reach the same heights.  we really should have bought a manager in who was good with a 442.  it's such a waste of money not have cahill and fornaroli as our starting 2 strikers.

im not saying i would choose that formation as my preference. im saying that if are spending 150% of the cap on two players, then we should be using them and building around them.

I agree and said as much last year, with the players we had, we should have been playing 442.

We have lost Franjic who could have been massive as well.

With the off-season, imho I think we are headed to 433, or 352, I would like to see 352 in defence and 433 in attack as things are.

Edited by moops

45 minutes ago, nah brah said:

we have enough squad to be contenders.  it isnt helpful to try and imitate what previous players under a previous coach have done.  any good team uses the skill set of the players at hand.

We don't need to imitate but what we can learn from the last 2 seasons is that when Bruno has space he will score, when he is double-teamed he won't. What creates space is:

movement off the ball in the front third

multiple scoring options (Mooy, Harry & Bruno, and then Timmy & Bruno)

someone who can provide defence opening balls to the front 3

Edited by belaguttman

23 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

We don't need to imitate but what we can learn from the last 2 seasons is that when Bruno has space he will score, when he is double-teamed he won't. What creates space is:

movement off the ball in the front third

multiple scoring options (Mooy, Harry & Bruno, and then Timmy & Bruno)

someone who can provide defence opening balls to the front 3

I do think Arzani could be our Raumdeuter (Broich) this season, he has the technique, maybe not the experience

The polish dude could be our Troisi, a threat from deep.

We will probably have to rely on width.

Edited by moops

22 minutes ago, haz said:

Fitzy is a much better defender.

He might defend up front, but he doesn't track back like Kamau.

That's the thing, you need certain players to play a system and the system needs to be focused on the players.

No point players being good enough, they need to excel, be better.

i know he isnt popular on here but i always considered mauk one of our biggest losses.  i am expecting a lot from him this year.  i reckon he will take one of the midfield roles as his own by the end of the season

we desperately need a right back.  for the below formation to work you need a fb that can bomb forward for width.  if they are not getting one in i can only hope that pierias steps up. muscat is woeful.

city 1.JPG

Edited by nah brah

26 minutes ago, nah brah said:

i know he isnt popular on here but i always considered mauk one of our biggest losses.  i am expecting a lot from him this year.  i reckon he will take one of the midfield roles as his own by the end of the season

we desperately need a right back.  for the below formation to work you need a fb that can bomb forward for width.  if they are not getting one in i can only hope that pierias steps up. muscat is woeful.

city 1.JPG

I said this, depends on the Polish dude, only so much you can take from a YouTube.

Galecovic

Bart-Jacobsen-La Rocca

Malik

Kamau-Marcin-Mauk-Jaimieson

Cahill-Fornaroli

Go full Angeball!

Edited by moops

35 minutes ago, moops said:

I said this, depends on the Polish dude, only so much you can take from a YouTube.

Galecovic

Bart-Jacobsen-La Rocca

Malik

Kamau-Marcin-Mauk-Jaimieson

Cahill-Fornaroli

Go full Angeball!

You would drop Kilkenny from the line up? Sure sure

15 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Another Pole in Australia. Marcin Budziński will go to Melbourne City

Michał Probierz did not see him in Cracovia, so Martin Budziński had to look for a new club. Lands in Australia, Melbourne City.

Marek WawrzynowskiAugust 19, 201, 12:21

Former Cracovian playmaker was not recognized in the eyes of Michał Probierz , the team's coach. Although the real reason was the negotiation of a new contract of the player. The club's president, Janusz Filipiak , decided that the agent's agent wanted too high a commission.

Marcin Budziński after the fiasco of talks with the former mug, for two months he could not find a club. In the meantime he did not communicate with Jagiellonian and Arka, nor were transfers to Turkey or Holland.  "The Australian" indicates that a helping hand footballer Melbourne City . He will be second to Adrien Mierzejewski, the Pole in the Australian League. This is the fourth team of the previous A-League season. It is led by English coach Warren Joyce, who is famous for Wigan Athletic. The biggest star of the team is Tim Cahill , a 37-year-old forward, a 100-time Australian. According to "sport.pl", the competitor will sign a 2-year contract. Will earn the equivalent of 200 thousand euros a year. Budzinski played 33 league matches in Cracovia last season, scored seven goals and scored five assists.

https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/pilka-nozna/705641/marcin-budzinski-trafi-do-melbourne-city-pilkarz-nie-porozumial-sie-z-cracovia

200,000 Euro is about $300,000 Aud

Budzinski moves to conquer Australia! The Pole will go to Melbourne City

Sebastian Staszewski

18.08.2017 22:18

Marcin Budziński will play in Australia! According to Sport.pl, Cracovia's midfielder will sign a two-year contract with Melbourne City. So it will become the second Australian in the Australian A-League. A week ago, Adrian Mierzejewski was sent to Sydney FC.

Budzinski became one of the six victims of Michał Probierz's Cracow purge. After taking the helm in Cracovia, a new trainer decided to say goodbye to With Mateusz Cetnarski, Piotr Polczak and Budzinski with whom the club did not renew the contract. But the player smiled fate, however. With his agent contacted the club's activists who had offered to perform in Australia far away.

According to Sport.pl, the 27-year-old, who last season played 33 league games, is one step away from playing in Melbourne City. A 2-year contract is signed for him to sign up for a 200-month contract. Euro per year. Next week Budzinski is due to go to Melbourne where medical tests are waiting for him.

Melbourne City is a club founded just eight years ago. The fourth team of the previous A-League season is Warren Joyce, a well-deserved Bolton player, Preston North End and Hull City. The biggest star of the "Serc" is the 29-year-old Uruguayan Bruno Fornaroli in the past, among others. In Sampdoria Genoa and Panathinaikos Athens.

http://www.sport.pl/pilka/7,96012,22250399,budzinski-rusza-na-podboj-australii-polak-trafi-do-trzykrotnego.html

COMMENTS:

Comments.JPG.19e146f4939a0588ce99111553604150.JPG

Second Pole in the Australian league? Budziński close to Melbourne

Today | 8:34  2

Another Pole can hit the Australian League. Marcin Budzinski is close to signing a contract with Melbourne City, reports Sport.pl.

The 27-year-old midfielder last season had a place in Cracovia where he played 33 matches at Ekstraklasa. His contract expired at the end of June. 

Budzinski was unemployed for several weeks, but that could change as soon as next week. The football player will go for medical tests to Melbourne. If successful, the player signs a two-year contract with the new employer. It has to earn 200 thousand euros a year.

Budzinski can become the second Pole in the Australian league. A recent contract with Sydney FC was signed by Adrian Mierzejewski.

https://www.meczyki.pl/newsy/drugi-polak-w-lidze-australijskiej-budzinski-blisko-wyjazdu-do-melbourne/61686-n

COMMENTS

Comment2.JPG.14c76eaa1d7710e3a69ad17a6df64453.JPG

Edited by haz
  • Like 1

Has anyone else watched the whole 20min highlight reel?I just finished it and am looking forward to seeing some Budzinski Bombs! With standard of A-League keeping, he's going to be scoring for fun.

Edited by haz
  • Like 1

Happy we might finally sign a polak! Haven't watched ekstraklasa for a few years now as my team Arka Gydnia was in the 2nd divi for ages and only just returned a couple years ago.

From what I heard about Marcin he was compared by the polish media to zielinski from Napoli, box to box type but less skilful, more psychical and very well known for his long bombs. 

• Like 1

who knows if we have secured this guy, but either way he seems the right age and type to thrive in this league. Physical and mental strength as big a factor as skills in this league, especially when the more technically gifted players who come are physically so past their prime.

And -  whoever it is, I can only hope/assume that the gaffer actually has finally had a look at a squad and is recruiting for the type of position he actually needs/wants.

1 hour ago, CityHeart said:

who knows if we have secured this guy, but either way he seems the right age and type to thrive in this league. Physical and mental strength as big a factor as skills in this league, especially when the more technically gifted players who come are physically so past their prime.

And -  whoever it is, I can only hope/assume that the gaffer actually has finally had a look at a squad and is recruiting for the type of position he actually needs/wants.

I'm not sure that for this season Wazza would have had too much input - some, but possibly not all that much. I don't think he was on board when Petrillo and Munn went to Manchester to discuss recruitment, and I suspect that it's Petrillo (local) and CFG (visa, and overseas-based Australian players) who do the scouting and the leg-work.

50 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I'm not sure that for this season Wazza would have had too much input - some, but possibly not all that much. I don't think he was on board when Petrillo and Munn went to Manchester to discuss recruitment, and I suspect that it's Petrillo (local) and CFG (visa, and overseas-based Australian players) who do the scouting and the leg-work.

So he would put in an order and the scouting network would suggest players, then surely he would look at videos and decide who to go for. Im sure every manager has a hand in it and i would have thought he would have a final say. 

14 hours ago, haz said:

Has anyone else watched the whole 20min highlight reel?I just finished it and am looking forward to seeing some Budzinski Bombs! With standard of A-League keeping, he's going to be scoring for fun.

Just finished watching his highlights reel. Definitely isn't shy from distance. Made some not heaps clever assists.  If signed he could rip this league. 

Very intrigued on why actually he was not wanted. Hopefully its a management issue not a player problem like Novillo. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Just finished watching his highlights reel. Definitely isn't shy from distance. Made some not heaps clever assists.  If signed he could rip this league. 

Very intrigued on why actually he was not wanted. Hopefully its a management issue not a player problem like Novillo. 

One of the Polish reports said that he wanted too much money

Edited by belaguttman

49 minutes ago, Jovan said:

New manager. What I've read in translation suggests both player and club wanted to renew his contract - he'd been at Cracovia for 5 seasons so doesn't look like a Novillo-esque situation - but Budweiser's agent wanted too much for the player and too much commission for himself, and so renewal talks failed.

One of the reports say that he will have his medical this week in Melbourne, so hopefully we'll get an announcement towards the end of the week. But considering Bart left Zwolle a week ago I wonder when he will be announced?

• Like 2

I for one am quite underwhelmed by our squad as it currently stands. Certainly looks weaker than last year's.  

One issue on one is discussing is a heavy reliance on Brandon yet no information has been provided officially on his return and of course with a serious injury it remains to be seen how long (or if ever) he returns to the player he was.

The club seems to be putting its faith on Wazza and youth. Hopefully this will pay off but time will tell. 

15 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

I for one am quite underwhelmed by our squad as it currently stands. Certainly looks weaker than last year's.  

One issue on one is discussing is a heavy reliance on Brandon yet no information has been provided officially on his return and of course with a serious injury it remains to be seen how long (or if ever) he returns to the player he was.

The club seems to be putting its faith on Wazza and youth. Hopefully this will pay off but time will tell. 

Weaker? 

I think we are stronger and more balanced. Defensively definitely stronger.

Just need to compare the outs to the ins and likely positions of the squad. 

It's pretty much the course for me at this time of year to be bullish about the squad regardless. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, haz said:

Here is the Polish/Russian? journalist that broke the news about "Budzik".

https://twitter.com/s_staszewski?lang=en

Surprisingly said to Victory to begin with but later corrected himself to City. On the same tweet he also said that the deal will be announced in the coming days.

Later he tweets: Udziński o krok od Australii (Melbourne City). Umowa na 2 lata, 200tys€/rok, which Google Translate tells me is "A step away from Australia (Melbourne City). Contract for 2 years, 200tys € / year"

However, it seems his source is this "sport.pl" mob. http://www.sport.pl/pilka/7,96012,22250399,budzinski-rusza-na-podboj-australii-polak-trafi-do-trzykrotnego.html

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Later he tweets: Udziński o krok od Australii (Melbourne City). Umowa na 2 lata, 200tys€/rok, which Google Translate tells me is "A step away from Australia (Melbourne City). Contract for 2 years, 200tys € / year"

However, it seems his source is this "sport.pl" mob. http://www.sport.pl/pilka/7,96012,22250399,budzinski-rusza-na-podboj-australii-polak-trafi-do-trzykrotnego.html

Pretty sure in his Bio it says he works for Sport.pl. Also more obviously he wrote that article haha.

• Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic