Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

2016/17

Games: 36

Mins per Game: 89

Goals: 7

Assists: 5

Yellows 13

Those stats arnt amazing, but people have to remember that if he was doing any better he would be in a big 5 league.

A Goal

Edited by haz

2 hours ago, n i k o said:

Fact 1: Our squad is very very strong inside the cap regardless of Tims salary

Fact 2: You claim to know a lot without any proof 

I've never denied the first 6 words of fact 1. Just believe the Tim Cahill years are wasted, and we will copy last year if we don't recruit strong.

Fact 2. That's called life & work experience. I might type and write like a 14 year old but doesn't mean I am.

Edited by Mr MO

8 minutes ago, icantthinkofacoolname said:

Does anyone know about the availability of Curtis Good? Heard his Zwolle trialled was unsuccessful

he is basically clubless.  newcastle dont want him.  there has been no new news since the zwolle trial failed. i suspect he is carrying injury.

Marcin Budzinski - is this the 27 year old midfielder that was rumoured a month ago.  supposedly the greatest ever foreign import the AL has ever seen?

Edited by nah brah

41 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Haz, do me a favour put Caceras his FIFA card next to Budweiser please?

Cant mate at Work, futhead is blocked.

12 minutes ago, nah brah said:

Marcin Budzinski - is this the 27 year old midfielder that was rumoured a month ago.  supposedly the greatest ever foreign import the AL has ever seen?

Would have been the Zlatan rumour

23 minutes ago, icantthinkofacoolname said:

Does anyone know about the availability of Curtis Good? Heard his Zwolle trialled was unsuccessful

One of his family members comes into work all the time I'll ask her next time she's in she may be able to give me something 

31 minutes ago, nah brah said:

he is basically clubless.  newcastle dont want him.  there has been no new news since the zwolle trial failed. i suspect he is carrying injury.

It was rumoured a while ago that the marquee is 27 yrs old and is not getting along with the new coach at his club.  Marcin was playing for cracovia who have got a new coach. 

• Like 1

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 0:34 PM, Andrew Edmonds said:

99.99% sure this guy is writing BS, but thought I'd post it 

Screenshot_20170730-203254.png

2 hours ago, Embee said:

On ‎5‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 2:19 PM, demba said:

If only...

IMG_0405.PNG

On ‎2‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 9:07 AM, Andrew Edmonds said:

Screenshot_20170802-170639.png

The Marquee CAM Rumors So Far

Edited by haz
  • Sad 1

He aint no adrian mierzejewski ffs

ekstraklasa is like a-league standard from their mid-lower table teams. Really a hit or miss with budzinski 

note: cracovia narrowly avoided relegation last season and were generally struggling for the past few years, currently sitting 3rd last 5 games into their season

Edited by Young Polak
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Young Polak said:

He aint no adrian mierzejewski ffs

ekstraklasa is like a-league standard from their mid-lower table teams. Really a hit or miss with budzinski 

note: cracovia narrowly avoided relegation last season and were generally struggling for the past few years, currently sitting 3rd last 5 games into their season

To be fair to him it sounds like he was at least third choice. He's done a Bradbury

1 hour ago, belaguttman said:

To be fair to him it sounds like he was at least third choice. He's done a Bradbury

Good point. We really don't know just where some of these players were or are on "the list." For all we know Budzinski was our no. 1 target all the time, but was pricing himself too high when we first approached his agent. It's a fluid situation - there are plenty of clubs in the market for players and plenty of players looking for clubs - and as signings are made the market value of those remaining will move around as well. Rather like the stock market.

I'll also make the point that it's a team game. Clubs are looking for players to fill specific roles and fit in with the squad they already have, not just the notional "best player."  I also remember what CFG (Txiki Begiristain) said right at the beginning about looking for "big players" rather than "big names." 

Anyway, as always we have to wait until it's confirmed. Until then it's just another rumour based on a couple of tweets.

• Like 1

Seems like he would fit in with Wazza's style being a decent box to box player and a real threat from outside the box, something that we missed since Mooy left. Hopefully he has some real passing magic in the tight stuff too.

Looks like a great pick up if true and should make the Troisi circus seem like a blessing TBH.

52 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Seems like he would fit in with Wazza's style being a decent box to box player and a real threat from outside the box, something that we missed since Mooy left. Hopefully he has some real passing magic in the tight stuff too.

Looks like a great pick up if true and should make the Troisi circus seem like a blessing TBH.

How do you know what Wazza's style is?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeffplz said:

one would argue that 2-3 games aren't nearly enough to determine a managerial style

If you can't see what he is trying to achieve then that's fine, but as with many others on this forum, his game style, what he expects from the players, what he is trying to do, and the type of players he needs to do it is quite clear.

Edited by playmaker
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, moops said:

Sorry messed up my reply, so here it is.

We don't have anyone including the rumours who can, other than Bratten and I'm not even sure if he can, or is willing.

we have enough squad to be contenders.  it isnt helpful to try and imitate what previous players under a previous coach have done.  any good team uses the skill set of the players at hand.

4 minutes ago, nah brah said:

we have enough squad to be contenders.  it isnt helpful to try and imitate what previous players under a previous coach have done.  any good team uses the skill set of the players at hand.

True, but you can't just ignore the past either.

• jw1739 pinned this topic