Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

2 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Interesting, and potentially useful...

Very. I like the look of this guy. Over 100 appearances in the Eridivisie and only 25 is a good indicator.

Seems a lot less speculative than the Palic one, although i back the scouts judgement on Palic and he looks good from the videos.

We could well have our squad stitched up this week.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Very. I like the look of this guy. Over 100 appearances in the Eridivisie and only 25 is a good indicator.

Seems a lot less speculative than the Palic one, although i back the scouts judgement on Palic and he looks good from the videos.

We could well have our squad stitched up this week.

On 11/08/2017 at 4:46 AM, Dylan said:

I recon by the end of the month we will have our squad finalised. 

The bullshit watcher to come up with the goods

you tube clips are all very well and good, I seem to recall that Koren's you tube clip made him look like a Slovenian Messi

a short 3 -5 minute clip, is ok, but glosses over deficiencies.

at least the club are target the 2 main areas, # 10 and CB

let's just get the squad settled

my 2cents worth

So potentially:

Galekovic

Bouzanis

Muscat        Jakobsen    Schenkeveld     Jamieson

Pieras          Tongyik         La Rocca          Metcalfe

Kilkenny

Malik

Palic                        Brattan

Mauk                    Genreau

Fitzgerald           Fornaroli           Brandan

Kamau                  Cahill                Arzani

Delianov, Roberts, Crowley, Najaarine

Potentially able to shuffle all of Muscat, Schenkeveld and La Rocca in and out of CB and RB. Pretty good XI, and exceptional bench imo.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bt50 said:

So potentially:

Galekovic

Bouzanis

Kilkenny

Malik

Potentially able to shuffle all of Muscat, Schenkeveld and La Rocca in and out of CB and RB. Pretty good XI, and exceptional bench imo.

Very, very strong. I'd personally have Brattan on the same line as Kilkenny but that's just a formation thing.

In b4 everyone says how underwhelming these guys are and then all dick pulling over them only 3 weeks later.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rass said:

Very, very strong. I'd personally have Brattan on the same line as Kilkenny but that's just a formation thing.

In b4 everyone says how underwhelming these guys are and then all dick pulling over them only 3 weeks later.

It already has started with Palic

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, rass said:

Next to Kilkenny I'd prefer someone that has a high work ethic, is tough and has good break up play ability, none of which Brattan has to a high enough degree unfortunately. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Next to Kilkenny I'd prefer someone that has a high work ethic, is tough and has good break up play ability, none of which Brattan has to a high enough degree unfortunately. 

I concur.

Maybe Mauk or Genreau playing deeper.

But if these signings or like are done we will definitely have a superb squad. 

24 minutes ago, neio said:

With the signing of schenkevald, could there be the possibility of a back 3 again but actually with 3 CB as the 3, not using one with 2 wide players 

That option would definitely be there, and we'd have good enough players to do it I think.

1 hour ago, Missing_Moy said:

Could Tongyik be a RB option would offer good overlap in attack? 

Always felt he looked a prospect for defensive mid TBH, because his ball control is so good.  He's at his best with the ball at his feet and moving forward out of defence.

2 hours ago, bt50 said:

So potentially:

Galekovic

Bouzanis

Kilkenny

Malik

Excellent squad on paper if this comes to pass. 

• Like 1

Overall these two potential additions to our squad look to be perfectly adequate to me. An industrious left-footed AM and a solid defender, both shown as increasing in value by transfermarkt. Let's hope that there are no "slips betwixt cup and lips" and that we see them in City Blue next season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Overall these two potential additions to our squad look to be perfectly adequate to me. An industrious left-footed AM and a solid defender, both shown as increasing in value by transfermarkt. Let's hope that there are no "slips betwixt cup and lips" and that we see them in City Blue next season.

To me it doesn't matter much.

If these paticular 2 are signed or not. They are exactly what we need,  a CB and a #10. But if not we would definitely have second maybe third options available. 

Whats important for me is that we are bringing in players to complement the existing squad and making (hopefully)  a balanced squad.

So many times over the past 7 seasons have we assembled squads with glaring holes and all my hopes are placed on individuals to play well consistently to get us through and ultimately they can't . Add that squads built with unrealistic game plans that require players to play unfamiliar roles and or out of position entirely.

So if we sign a decent CB and #10 we will have without doubt a balanced squad.

2 players per position that depending on form/structure have every right to start. 

Secondly enough depth to play a variety of different formations.

We had a very very good core to begin with and now with a new coach that seems to be on the right track and some decent players coming in we have all the ingredients of a very competitive squad. 

I would like to revisit this optimism in January but in the middle of August I'm happy.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

To me it doesn't matter much.

If these paticular 2 are signed or not. They are exactly what we need,  a CB and a #10. But if not we would definitely have second maybe third options available. 

Whats important for me is that we are bringing in players to complement the existing squad and making (hopefully)  a balanced squad.

So many times over the past 7 seasons have we assembled squads with glaring holes and all my hopes are placed on individuals to play well consistently to get us through and ultimately they can't . Add that squads built with unrealistic game plans that require players to play unfamiliar roles and or out of position entirely.

So if we sign a decent CB and #10 we will have without doubt a balanced squad.

2 players per position that depending on form/structure have every right to start. 

Secondly enough depth to play a variety of different formations.

We had a very very good core to begin with and now with a new coach that seems to be on the right track and some decent players coming in we have all the ingredients of a very competitive squad. 

I would like to revisit this optimism in January but in the middle of August I'm happy.

I was more thinking of the snub from Troisi. Presumably he was no 1 on a list, but in the end didn't sign. I don't want to see this happen again.

1 minute ago, AlexJones said:

Make a thread called bring back strider

I'd advise against that. As a moderator I can assure you that we lean over backwards to let people have their say. But there are limits. The worst thing you can do is antagonise an individual moderator. Strider is a repeat offender. All he had to do was take the advice given to him and he would still be posting. He chose to deliberately go against what he was asked to do, and hence the ban.

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I was more thinking of the snub from Troisi. Presumably he was no 1 on a list, but in the end didn't sign. I don't want to see this happen again.

Yes fair enough I agree with that. Having said that we must have a pretty good list of potentials especially at this time of year. 

23 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I'd advise against that. As a moderator I can assure you that we lean over backwards to let people have their say. But there are limits. The worst thing you can do is antagonise an individual moderator. Strider is a repeat offender. All he had to do was take the advice given to him and he would still be posting. He chose to deliberately go against what he was asked to do, and hence the ban.

Is it an indefinite ban?? Or will he be back.

2 hours ago, neio said:

With the signing of schenkevald, could there be the possibility of a back 3 again but actually with 3 CB as the 3, not using one with 2 wide players 

It gives us the tactical flexibility on paper anyway, and on paper, they are both good signings. Palic has played in Thailand so he has an idea of 'hot and humid'

On 8/13/2017 at 2:51 PM, Hellenic Hero said:

Hmmmm....

No NT caps, spent most of his time floating around in Slovenian, Romanian and Croatian leagues. Visa yes, marquee no.

Does have some very good stats however.

Have you seen the players that play for Croatia? Unless you play for the biggest clubs in the world you won't be playing for Croatia.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

The response I got when I asked a Romanian bloke what he was like was...

"playmaker ,very good vision .I would say pretty much like Robi Koren"

Putting the words playmaker and Koren in the same sentence should be done cautiously in these parts.😃

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• jw1739 pinned this topic