Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

11 minutes ago, mjake1234 said:

What is worrying is how the club is willing to have half a team this late - every season. Particularly considering we are now well into the FFA cup. What would have happened if we were drawn against a full A-League team aka the Victory Roar game?

Half a team? We've got two, maybe three signings left to make. Pretty much the same as everyone else.

The sky is not falling.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Half a team? We've got two, maybe three signings left to make. Pretty much the same as everyone else.

The sky is not falling.

I guess some might not see much progress being made with player signings. So far if you look at who's left and who's come in, most are on par - Galekovic for Sorensen etc....

Wouldn't mind hearing people's opinion if they believe the squad has improved TO DATE?

In the nex weeks marquee will replace Colazo and from the combined left over wages we will get a right full back and / or a left winger.

2 hours ago, bt50 said:

The sky is not falling.

We actually have the following squad of senior players at the present time:

Galekovic, Bouzanis.
Muscat, Malik, Jamieson, Jakobsen, Tongyik, La Rocca (injured).
Arzani, Kilkenny, Mauk, Brattan, Brandan (injured).
Fornaroli, Kamau, Fitzgerald, Cahill.

That's 17 players, two of whom are injured.

The rest of the list are seven scholarship players according to the latest information I have seen from the club.

Outs from 2016/17: Sorensen, Franjic, Rose, Retre, Caceres, Colazo, Kuzmanovski, Gameiro.
Ins for 2017/18: Galekovic, Jamieson, La Rocca, Mauk.

Edited by jw1739

Left-footed AM. Only just over 29. Had quite a good season 2016/17 (transfermarkt) and his market value increased accordingly. 37 matches, 2 goals, 15 assists.

Remember, "marquee" means paid outside the cap. Doesn't necessarily mean the player gets squillions.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

Not many better attacking midfield options than Palic that I can find there and that's the position our marquee really should be.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Nate said:

we can do better, especially for a marquee.

What some people on here don't seem to understand is that Melbourne City actually has a CFG budget for its operations, not just FFA-imposed caps. To put it simply, we do not have unlimited funds that we can just throw around.

• Like 1

Just now, jw1739 said:

What some people on here don't seem to understand is that Melbourne City actually has a CFG budget for its operations, not just FFA-imposed caps. To put it simply, we do not have unlimited funds that we can just throw around.

Well actually, I understand that perfectly but I'm also of the belief we can do better than an uncapped international who appears to have been serviceable at best in the lesser Euro leagues.

I'm not saying we go and get a Del Piero equivalent but I'd like to think we're targeting someone with a little more pedigree and a little less risk for a marquee position that separates the good and the great teams.

17 minutes ago, nah brah said:

we better be bringing in a decent centre back.

imo it is our most important spot to fill right now.

Nah mate we have La Rocca for that position

**nervous laugh while tying a noose around my neck holding a picture of Aaron Mooy**

2 hours ago, Nate said:

Well actually, I understand that perfectly but I'm also of the belief we can do better than an uncapped international who appears to have been serviceable at best in the lesser Euro leagues.

I'm not saying we go and get a Del Piero equivalent but I'd like to think we're targeting someone with a little more pedigree and a little less risk for a marquee position that separates the good and the great teams.

Well maybe those kind of players have no interested in playing in Australia or for Melbourne City.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

No reason to believe he can't be decent at our level.  Players who have set the world alight at the top of the European leagues aren't going to be signing for us.  Dinamo are a decent side, and footballing standards are pretty high in Croatia. 

Agree. Just watched a couple of youtube clips on him and like how he is always moving forward and making forward passes. 

As reported in the SMH, we identified and hence went looking for a playmaker to provide service to Fornaroli who is still in their peak. I see no problems at all with why we would be looking at him if true.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

No reason to believe he can't be decent at our level.  Players who have set the world alight at the top of the European leagues aren't going to be signing for us.  Dinamo are a decent side, and footballing standards are pretty high in Croatia. 

He's Croatian but most recently has been playing in Romania - nevertheless your point is well made. 

6 hours ago, playmaker said:

Looks like a solid CAM who has played at a decent level.  At 29 he looks promising.

So did Colazo. 

Being able to "play" at a decent level is important but adapting to the A League is probably more important imo. Playing in an Australian summer on hard pitches the travel and the physicality over technique takes some getting used to. I think he needs a high level of mongrel (c#*t). Berisha Fornaroli Fernando etc are those competitive types that succeed.  

And really there is no way on knowing until he starts. 

• Like 1

Looks like we have snapped up a 25-year-old Dutch Defender from JVS' club.

16:51 – 

16:51 - Bart Schenkeveld is likely to pursue his career in Australia. The 25-year-old defender did not form part of the selection of PEC Zwolle for the home game with Roda JC on Sunday because he is completing his transfer to Melbourne City.

That confirms trainer John van 't Schip at De Stentor. "Bart was not in the selection because he is working on a foreign club. We give him the space to finish that transfer," said the training champion after the win. Feyenoord's former player still had a contract until 2018 at his club.

Schenkeveld signed at PEC in the summer of 2015 and played 32 matches for De Blauwvingers.
  • Like 2

Holland Sources:

http://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=310885

https://www.foxsports.nl/nieuws/artikel/1930185/schenkeveld-weg-naar-australie

http://www.destentor.nl/pec-zwolle/schenkeveld-nadert-vertrek-bij-pec-zwolle~a3294512/

hmmmm his jawline makes me moist

124895-1418933902.thumb.jpg.9ef873d332faee50b1d8d07f54238ae8.jpg

Wiki Bio

Bart1.JPG.caaf66cad1d28b3a4d41f53944757e1d.JPG

Transfermarkt

https://www.transfermarkt.com/bart-schenkeveld/leistungsdaten/spieler/124895

FIFA Rating

Bart2.JPG.f2336748d4cf8337772f1d1a9b6cf664.JPG

Highlights

I couldn't find any except for this

Edited by haz
  • Like 1