Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

59 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Did some research, there's one guy that used to play with Nando who is a 29 year old CDM, and there's a 21 year old CAM by the same name 

Where does this rumour spring from? IMO much more likely that it is the older of the two. I would think that the link to CA Temperley and therefore Brandan, and the fact that we still have two visa positions open, makes him a definite "possible" for us. Just my two penn'orth.

8 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Where does this rumour spring from? IMO much more likely that it is the older of the two. I would think that the link to CA Temperley and therefore Brandan, and the fact that we still have two visa positions open, makes him a definite "possible" for us. Just my two penn'orth.

It is the older guy- apparently he's going to Victory according to the guy who posted the rumour.

3 minutes ago, japiedog said:

so Victory have Valeri, DM,

Milligan DM ,

now they sign a visa DM

sounds a little strange

Valeri is just about cooked to be fair and any signings Victory make from here will be on peanuts given their salary cap splashing on Troisi, Williams and Kosta. 
I dont expect much from their remaining visa signings tbh, he might well just be cover.

7 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Valeri is just about cooked to be fair and any signings Victory make from here will be on peanuts given their salary cap splashing on Troisi, Williams and Kosta. 
I dont expect much from their remaining visa signings tbh, he might well just be cover.

I reckon Muscat is going to leave at the end of the season. 

6 hours ago, Panionara said:

I'm telling you all his coming. 

As I recall from last season we were still making signings well into the later rounds of the FFA Cup, certainly much later into pre-season than this.  So whilst I share your concern jaydub, I think it's pretty much par for the course.

9 hours ago, nah brah said:

he will take over from ange postecoglou

We will be the North Korea of world football.  Belligerent but unloved.

Just now, fensaddler said:

As I recall from last season we were still making signings well into the later rounds of the FFA Cup, certainly much later into pre-season than this.  So whilst I share your concern jaydub, I think it's pretty much par for the course.

Yes, I'm probably over-anxious.

I've dug out a few dates for last year's signings. All "on or about." But this off-season I'm keeping a record of when signings are announced so that I have the facts on hand for next time around.

Kamau 5th May 2016.
Arzani 9th June 2016.
Brattan 10th June 2016.
Tongyik 9th July 2016
Kilkenny 19th July 2016.
Brandan 25th July 2016.
Cahill 10th August 2016.
Jakobsen 1st September 2016.
Colazo 20th September 2016.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Cahill 10th August 2016.

Good to see that our 3 bigger signings including marquee, weren't even made before this day last year.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Rather a different set of circumstances.

Naturally, the point remains though doesnt it.

I'd suggest quite a decent chunk of visas over the course of the league are signed in the months of Aug and Sep because once the European leagues start and they are left either without a spot or without the deal they wanted, they then look to us. Only human really.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I've dug out a few dates for last year's signings. All "on or about." But this off-season I'm keeping a record of when signings are announced so that I have the facts on hand for next time around.

Kamau 5th May 2016.
Arzani 9th June 2016.
Brattan 10th June 2016.
Tongyik 9th July 2016
Kilkenny 19th July 2016.
Brandan 25th July 2016.
Cahill 10th August 2016.

great post! actual information.  

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Kamau 5th May 2016.
Arzani 9th June 2016.
Brattan 10th June 2016.
Tongyik 9th July 2016
Kilkenny 19th July 2016.
Brandan 25th July 2016.
Cahill 10th August 2016.

Cheers jw.  It was Jakobsen and Colazo I was thinking of re late signings last season, but I hadn't recalled how late even the Cahill deal came through (though we had some idea before it happened).  I think we've got a couple of signings of the Jakobsen and Colazo scale to come, and hopefully we'll do better than 50% success with them this time.

4 hours ago, fensaddler said:

Cheers jw.  It was Jakobsen and Colazo I was thinking of re late signings last season, but I hadn't recalled how late even the Cahill deal came through (though we had some idea before it happened).  I think we've got a couple of signings of the Jakobsen and Colazo scale to come, and hopefully we'll do better than 50% success with them this time.

I can't seem to find any comfort by looking at the late signings of last season. Our marquee was a failure. Don't we want to improve year by year and why mirror to past season, which left some of us with a bad taste by seasons end.

We have to be wishful and can only hope for the same calibre signings as Brandan and Jakobson but I'm afraid the cap space just isn't there even with letting more players go than coming in. I predict one more mature signing under the cap and a late marquee upon closing of the transfer market. Let's hope it will be an exciting marquee.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

so curtis good and mark birighitti can not find a club and they are both unwanted by newcastle and swansea respectively

if we are not signing a proper CB we should bring in good and see if he can last a season.  and why not, he is a heart product, in need of a career reboot.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nah brah said:

so curtis good and mark birighitti can not find a club and they are both unwanted by newcastle and swansea respectively

if we are not signing a proper CB we should bring in good and see if he can last a season.  and why not, he is a heart product, in need of a career reboot.

I've heard we are chasing Curtis Good as an injury replacement for La Rocca.

• Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic