Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

2 minutes ago, haz said:

Who knows.

But I don't want a VISA player who will miss the start of the season and then probaly miss a couple more matches after having a break (starting on the bench etc.), then missing even more games after he injures himself from over-working.

A bit more information. His wages at Derry City immediately prior to his transfer to Dundalk were a mere 28,000 euros. So he certainly wouldn't be a marquee!

4 minutes ago, neio said:

Bit of research and he is also being followed by Sunderland, Cardiff and Doncaster Rovers so probably unlikely to come 

Im interested into how that article came about. Maybe it was just a phone call by CFG, nothing more, nothing less.

6 hours ago, Imtellingyou said:

As of today nothing has changed, Sydney not to be challanged, other Melbourne club too formidable with (re)signnings. We will contest 3rd spot. If we would sign Martinez that would be almost identical as NYC for the same position. He can twist and turn. Milligan would stop him. 

On that chart someone ( @jeffplz?) prepared, aren't we supposed to be happy right now?

Plenty of time for misery and whinging in January.

6 hours ago, Imtellingyou said:

As of today nothing has changed, Sydney not to be challanged, other Melbourne club too formidable with (re)signnings. We will contest 3rd spot. If we would sign Martinez that would be almost identical as NYC for the same position. He can twist and turn. Milligan would stop him. 

Darwin Rovers always get smashed and ill wait to see if the Victory recycling program works this year. Apparently they were very lucky against Bentleigh in a friendly. 

I'm ok with the bullshit. All they're doing is establishing a reputation as an unreliable source whilist entertaining the rest of us. You'd have to be bloody gullible to take anything on here without a grain of salt.

It's why Dylan's thread is great, if you get excited by something someone says you can just go look at that poster's redlines to calm yourself down.

Keep postin crap. It's the only thing keeping the lights on around here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I'm ok with the bullshit. All they're doing is establishing a reputation as an unreliable source whilist entertaining the rest of us. You'd have to be bloody gullible to take anything on here without a grain of salt.

It's why Dylan's thread is great, if you get excited by something someone says you can just go look at that poster's redlines to calm yourself down.

Keep postin crap. It's the only thing keeping the lights on around here.

I'm still waiting for @Info@VW to finish his court precedings

53 minutes ago, Dylan said:

If we are going to have any chance to win anything this year we need a hugely influential number 10 to take some attention away from Bruno

Yep. Bruno became near enough the sole focus of opposition defensive efforts as we had no one they had to fear on the ball. No striker will thrive in that environment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dylan said:

If we are going to have any chance to win anything this year we need a hugely influential number 10 to take some attention away from Bruno

Yep as Joyce said, we just need to ne better playing those balls around the box. 

So miss Mooy and Novillo in that regard.

10 minutes ago, rass said:

Yep as Joyce said, we just need to ne better playing those balls around the box. 

So miss Mooy and Novillo in that regard.

Exactly, we broke the goal scoring record that year and if we only had our defence sorted we would have won the title. We had three attacking creative players in Novillo, Mooy and Bruno. Last year we only had 2 (until brandan got injured) So we need Brandan back, a marquee classy number 10 and Bruno

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Exactly, we broke the goal scoring record that year and if we only had our defence sorted we would have won the title. We had three attacking creative players in Novillo, Mooy and Bruno. Last year we only had 2 (until brandan got injured) So we need Brandan back, a marquee classy number 10 and Bruno

Regardless who we get in defence, if we don't have that influential number 10 we have no hope this season. 

10 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Regardless who we get in defence, if we don't have that influential number 10 we have no hope this season. 

Disagree. I think Joyce will be more flexible than JVS in regards to structuring the team around Bruno, whereas JVS and Valkanis would just keep doing the same thing and wondering why it wasnt working.

Last season it was very evident that teams were concentrating on Bruno and we struggled to know what to do when the defenders went to him., The season before wasnt the case because if you put too much time into Bruno, them Mooy or Novillo would get off the leash. Joyce will be pragmatic imo and if the opposition want to double and triple team Bruno, we'll play around him where there's space.

But agree that a 10 that can create makes a massive difference; the more focal point we have the better.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Dylan said:

So it comes back to the Marquee. The longer it takes and as soon as the bigger leagues start the less my confidence is that we will actually land a gun #10.

Even when Brandan does return he was up and down for periods last season. 

As long as the back is improved then up front we are still good enough to score. 

Can see alot of 1:0 wins (hopefully ) next season. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jovan said:

So it comes back to the Marquee. The longer it takes and as soon as the bigger leagues start the less my confidence is that we will actually land a gun #10.

As long as the back is improved then up front we are still good enough to score. 

I'd be wrapped with a Wanderers/Chelsea style premiership of 1-0 wins. Stick the beautiful football up your arse and give me the plate and the toilet seat!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Who knows WTF is happening. Some of the Euro leagues have already started (e.g. Germany 2 and 3 Bundesliga) and others start this coming weekend. And the Europa League qualifiers have been underway for a couple of weeks, as have pre-season inter-club matches. TBH, the longer these remaining signings take, the less confident I am of them being visa players at all, let alone them including a genuine marquee. Squad numbers dictate that we have to make additional signings, but it does seem that they are taking a long time to be finalised.

A lot of faith is being placed in the return of Brandan. I'm still unclear as to the extent of his original injury and what treatment was carried out. His style of play is such that I really can't see him being fit for competitive A-League football yet, whatever he says.

So back to the first sentence - who knows WTF is happening.

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

I agree completely. Last season we had already improved our defence over the previous season (that shows how leaky it was), we had problems with our attack as Dylan has identified. It's likely that the upcoming season will be a repeat of last season unless we have a goal scoring 10 and Brandan or an equivalent replacement

• Like 2

• jw1739 pinned this topic