Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

1 minute ago, Imtellingyou said:

Arnold had a balanced team of 16 players but used only 14. You want to younger playars learn from Visa ones on the given position. In that case we already have Visa CB Jakobsen. Definetly CM spot. Speaking of defence we already had Wilko on the books...

Where have you been/ We had Wilkinson on our books for one season at the end of which he wanted to go to Sydney along with Zulo enough said!

1 hour ago, rayv36 said:

Wanderers fans are pretty confident of resigning Martinez especially now Borda has been given the ass. 

Martinez' contract is with Olympiacos - the Greek club will decide what happens to him. It's not necessarily going to be easy for WSW - last season they paid only 47% of his $530,000 wages and Olympiacos picked up 53%. They could do that only because he was a marquee - the "Lampard Rule" means they couldn't do that otherwise. Olympiacos might want more from WSW this time around.

12 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Aaron Hughes was apparently fit for quite a bit of his time with City - fit enough to be in the Northern Ireland squad for internationals. He just wasn't selected by JvS. He was just another visa player completely wasted - see Thomas Sorensen 2016/17.

But why not in that case?? I'm sure he would have done a better job than Malik! Bad attitude perhaps?

Of Course its not confirmed but if he did sign would that be the end of Brattan or Malik? I assume we would line up like this (depending on the marquee is a CB or CAM or RB).

Melbcity29July.JPG

Edited by haz

Just now, Mr MO said:

If he signs, Malik or Brattan are gone.

Well I would assume Malik would be gone.

But jeez if we signed a marquee CB we would have the strongest team as City yet.... (How many times have we said this!)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Martinez' contract is with Olympiacos - the Greek club will decide what happens to him. It's not necessarily going to be easy for WSW - last season they paid only 47% of his $530,000 wages and Olympiacos picked up 53%. They could do that only because he was a marquee - the "Lampard Rule" means they couldn't do that otherwise. Olympiacos might want more from WSW this time around.

JW Just read the Greek sport news. Olympiacos will be releasing Martinez. New coach has stated that Martinez is not in his plans

seems weird to bring in another defensive mid. considering we already have about 30 of them on the books. and another 30 year old.  seriously we need to be have a hard look at ourselves with this signing if its true.

we should make a move for curtis good and mustafa amini.

sumyungfuk---------good-----------jakobsen--------jameison

------------------la rocca--------------mauk/kilkenny/brattan

fitz/kamau-----------------amini-------------------brandan

-----------------------------fornaroli.

2 minutes ago, nah brah said:

seems weird to bring in another defensive mid. considering we already have about 30 of them on the books. and another 30 year old.  seriously we need to be have a hard look at ourselves with this signing if its true.

we should make a move for curtis good and mustafa amini.

sumyungfuk---------good-----------jakobsen--------jameison

------------------la rocca--------------mauk/kilkenny/brattan

fitz/kamau-----------------amini-------------------brandan

-----------------------------fornaroli.

You're dreaming

39 minutes ago, DFG_82 said:

http://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=309880

Thats the article saying City have offered Brama a contract if anyone is interested.

Bad Translation

Wout Brama can pursue his career in Australia, according to The Telegraaf . According to the newspaper, FC Utrecht 's controlling midfielder has a Melbourne City offer on bag. In Australia football has always been a big dream of Brama, who saw a crossing to Sydney FC two years ago.

The possible departure of Brama from De Galgenwaard would be the following sporting match for Erik ten Hag . At FC Utrecht it is even doubtful whether the murder winner, who celebrates his 31st birthday this month and has another contract until mid 2018, still experienced the return in the third league of the Europa League against Lech Poznan. According to the newspaper, Joey Pelupessy of Heracles Almelo enjoys great interest in the Domstad. He was recently appointed captain of the Almeloers.

Lees meer op www.voetbalzone.nl

Edited by haz
  • Like 3

The latest I'm seeing about Wout Brama is that he's going to CCM.

Wout Brama vertrekt per direct bij FC Utrecht om een avontuur aan te gaan bij de Central Coast Mariners uit de Australische A-League. 

Edited by jw1739

18 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Wout Brama vertrekt per direct bij FC Utrecht om een avontuur aan te gaan bij de Central Coast Mariners uit de Australische A-League. 

Just wait till the day hes going to walk into CCM HQ to sign the contract and then drive all the way to Melbourne to join us :up:

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Odd, I'm pretty sure it was reported we tabled him an offer.

Edited by Mr MO

25 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Odd, I'm pretty sure it was reported we tabled him an offer.

Well, if we did, we were outbid. Confirmed on the FC Utrecht web-site. https://www.fcutrecht.nl/ Hmm. First Troisi and now Brama. Bit concerning.

CCM have also signed a Spanish striker. http://www.ccmariners.com.au/article/mariners-sign-spanish-striker-asdrubal/1m68if5uw5fx71m8nrvf0zj0l1

Edited by jw1739

23 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Well, if we did, we were outbid. Confirmed on the FC Utrecht web-site. https://www.fcutrecht.nl/ Hmm. First Troisi and now Brama. Bit concerning.

CCM have also signed a Spanish striker. http://www.ccmariners.com.au/article/mariners-sign-spanish-striker-asdrubal/1m68if5uw5fx71m8nrvf0zj0l1

Never thought we would fall behind CCM in the transfer window.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, haz said:

Never thought we would fall behind CCM in the transfer window.

CCM list needed twice the amount of work ours did.

Most people still forget even after everything that happened last season, our list is still quite good.

We only need a few signings to tweak it, not a whole lot.

• Like 1

Confirmed CCM

Mariners sign Dutch Midfielder, Wout Brama
www.ccmariners.com.au
Brama

Boasting over 300 games of experience in the Netherlands with Dutch powerhousesFC Twente and PEC Zwolle, Brama arrives on the Central Coast from FC Utrecht who finished fourth in the 2016/17 Eredivisie.

Brama has also featured for the Dutch National Team, debuting in 2009 against Paraguay where he substituted on for Mark van Bommel to play alongside the likes of Nigel de Jong, Rafael van der Vaart and Giovanni van Bronckhorst. 

The 30-year-old defensive midfielder will play alongside fellow countryman Tom Hiariej whom he played with in 2008 for the Netherlands under 23’s national team.

Brama’s career started with FC Twentewhere he earned club legend status for plying his trade with ‘The Tukkers’ for 16 years [including youth football] which included an Eredivisie Championship during the 2009/10 campaign and a KNVB Cup Crown in 2010/11.

The 2010/11 KNVB Cup success was especially memorable for Brama who scored in Rotterdam just before half time. The match against Ajax would end 3-2, with former Sydney FC marquee man, Marc Janko scoring the winner in the 118th minute to lift the trophy in May 2011.

Brama’s successful spell with FC Twentecontinued where his side also claimed two Dutch Super cups in 2011 & 2012 before joining PEC Zwolle.

In the iconic blue and white of PEC ZwolleBrama played alongside current Socceroo centre back and former Central Coast Mariner, Trent Sainsbury.

Brama has high expectations for the Hyundai A-League 2017/18 season and thinks his experience in the Eredivisie can help the Mariners press for a finals finish. 

“I have been playing in the Netherlands for a long time now so I was very excited when the Central Coast Mariners expressed their interest,” Brama said.

“For me it’s a great step, a big adventure to play abroad, so I am very excited to play there. I spoke with Tom [Hiariej] when I heard from the Mariners and he was very positive about the club so I am really excited to come there, having another Dutchman there makes things a bit easier in the beginning as well.

“I also spoke with Trent Sainsbury. Man, he loves this club. He was very positive, spoke very highly about the way of living so that also pushed me and helped me to decide.

“My main goal is to help the team return to finals football. I want to have success with this club, I have a lot of experience in the Netherlands so hopefully I can help the younger players in the squad which is what I am accustomed to doing. My biggest quality is that I am a real team player, I will never be selfish – I know Australians are hardworking so I know I will fit in well.

“Under Coach Steve McClaren we became Champions of the Netherlands, we played at the highest level so that experience will help the team. We played in the Europa League and the Champions League and that’s experience I will bring with me.

“I’m a defensive midfielder, tactically strong. As I said, I am a team player so I will help the players around me play better football. I want to play football from the back and from what I have heard that’s the philosophy of the club, I will fit well into the Dutch style of football and also offer an option in attack,” Brama said.

Paul Okon was thrilled to secure his 11th recruit of the Hyundai A-League off-season.  

“We are delighted to welcome Wout to the Central Coast Mariners,” Okon said. “We've been looking for a strong defensive midfielder with a high work rate who is real quality in possession to fit our game style.

“Wout will add invaluable experience and leadership to our playing group and will no doubt be an asset to our team,” Okon said. 

Brama will arrive on the Central Coast after the club’s Westfield FFA Cup Round of 32 clash to be played on Wednesday August 2 against Blacktown 

15 hours ago, strider said:

Brattan will stay and play number 10 tbh

i dont think that's a bad thing.  he has the game to do it.  he just needs to be given the time to to settle into the spot.  weve got mauk, arzani, genreau and of course cahill to step in as well. 

• jw1739 pinned this topic