Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

4 minutes ago, Andrew Edmonds said:

James Troisi set to re-sign with Melbourne Victory after almost moving to arch-rivals

Matt Windley and David Davutovic, Herald Sun
25 minutes ago
Subscriber only

IN the most stunning about-face in A-League history, Socceroo James Troisi has re-signed with Melbourne Victory.

Troisi completed a medical with City on Monday and was set to sign a contract to become the club’s second marquee player on Tuesday morning, but never fronted at its Bundoora headquarters.

Instead he met with Victory officials, where a two-year contract was formalised, with the club’s interest heightened in the wake of losing Marco Rojas.

The deal could be announced as early as Wednesday.

Despite their interest in the attacking midfielder, and confidence they would attain his signature, City remained wary of Troisi given the saga around his search for a new club.

This off-season the 29-year-old had already knocked back marquee wages from Victory, attracted interest from English Premier League club Brighton and Hove Albion and completed a medical with Israeli club Maccabi Haifa.

But despite their trepidation, City is still said to be stunned by the backflip, with preliminary plans for his unveiling this week having been made.

The ordeal will fan the flames of the Victory-City rivalry ahead of October’s start to the A-League season.

But Troisi will also have some bridges to mend inside Victory headquarters, given he had previously declined a verbal offer to be the club’s marquee - a deal which would have netted him close to $1 million a season.

This contract - inside the salary cap, at least for the first season - is worth less than half of that.

Both clubs declined to comment.

It might not look too good for us right at this moment but IMO the Troisi no-show is probably for the best. The guy's antics with Maccabi Haifa and now us show that he's pretty unstable mentally. If we want to go down the visa marquee route I'm sure our scouts have plenty of people already lined up for consideration by the various clubs in the City Football Group.

Move on.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, nah brah said:

maybe we can focus on a better signing now.

funny thing is that troi$i is getting half what they offered him initially because he went chasing the coin.  what a fucking clown.

Agree. Talks the hero shit on his Instagram/etc but sounds like a dog if all these comments about agreeing to contracts and then backflipping on his word are true.

2 minutes ago, InMyHeart said:

Berisha
VISA LW             Kosta Barba
          Troisi
Milligan - Valeri

VISA LB - VISA CB - Williams - Geria

Thats what we have to compete with this year... 
 Their Mid 3 alone shits on ours of 

Mauk/Caceras

Kilkenny - Brattan

From nothing to something fuck me again they will smash it. Fucken cock suckers

7 minutes ago, rass said:

Lol, pure dumb comment mate. 

Ah you must be one of them! I don't blame anybody of this forum of course! and I don't have mates on here you know that too.

Show me any rumor, article or good intend of having a good season lead up without an interrupted pre-season? 

4 minutes ago, DFG_82 said:

At least we can sign Sneijder now

Throw money at him please.

Edited by Mr MO

4 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Ah you must be one of them! I don't have mates on here you know that too.

Show me any rumor, article or good intend of having a good season lead up without an interrupted pre-season? 

So this greedy dog prick flips on his word last minute and that's somehow our fault. No moral or honesty, just a money chasing pig... and that's our fault. 

Ok....

Until round 1 comes and we have no team, then I'll say we don't know what we're doing. But this early? Come on...

Edited by rass
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

Agreed. 

Unless he doesn't end up signing for us,  then it was one of the most deliberate, dirty acts in the history of the a league. 

There's one incident that will never be knocked off as worst tackle and it isn't this one

Edited by n i k o

This gives me hope he won't sign with us.

I mean why, when we have a marquee spot available, would we use it on someone who isn't quite good enough to command a marquee spot?

He would have been a good signing when the rules mandated one marquee spot for an Australian player. But when City have such an extensive worldwide scouting network and the possibility of signing any player in the world who would want to play for us, why would we look to Troisi? The guy who Victory weren't convinced of as a marquee?

To me, the most depressing thing to come out of this is that Troisi was nearly given our second marquee spot. I'm concerned that City have really lowered their sights and spending this season, and this signing would have been the clearest indication of that yet. Remember when we were mentioned with the likes of Villa and Lampard? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, n i k o said:

There's one incident that will never be knocked off as worst tackle and it isn't this one

I once replayed a video if that muscunt tackle to a tard friend who then told me there was no malice involved and it was the way he fell that caused the injury.

Club without morals and the reason why I'll always hate them.

1 minute ago, AzureKingfisher said:

This gives me hope he won't sign with us.

I mean why, when we have a marquee spot available, would we use it on someone who isn't quite good enough to command a marquee spot?

He would have been a good signing when the rules mandated one marquee spot for an Australian player. But when City have such an extensive worldwide scouting network and the possibility of signing any player in the world who would want to play for us, why would we look to Troisi? The guy who Victory weren't convinced of as a marquee?

To me, the most depressing thing to come out of this is that Troisi was nearly given our second marquee spot. I'm concerned that City have really lowered their sights and spending this season, and this signing would have been the clearest indication of that yet. Remember when we were mentioned with the likes of Villa and Lampard? 

Remember when we were actually linked with the likes of Koren and Colazo? Troisi would have been a more than good enough marquee for this club.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

It might not look too good for us right at this moment but IMO the Troisi no-show is probably for the best. The guy's antics with Maccabi Haifa and now us show that he's pretty unstable mentally. If we want to go down the visa marquee route I'm sure our scouts have plenty of people already lined up for consideration by the various clubs in the City Football Group.

Move on.

Agree, he'd be trouble. If someone in Europe offers him a better deal next week he'll be off, contract or no contract

Edited by belaguttman

21 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Agree, he'd be trouble. If someone on Europe offers him a better deal next week he'll be off, contract or no contract

Manchester City should offer him something big and then pull the contract out from under him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, playmaker said:

So we avoided a tool being signed

We threw out a decent player

And we got back a dk head.

33% success sounds about right.

At least we are consistent.

For once I agree. If Caceras does leave, we have seriously gone backwards in the last 3 days. Hopefully the club has something up their sleeve

• jw1739 pinned this topic