Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

10 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

So Rojas is gone - confirmed. The tards will be shit house this year.

Comment on A-League web-site:

"Other than Rhys Williams and Barbarouses who returns, who else has the club recruited? We have lost Baro, Ben Kalfalah, Troisi, Rojas, Bozanic... Other A League clubs have been recruiting well. As members its all well and good to ask us to renew our memberships early but we'd like to know that our team is strong enough for the coming season with all these losses of personnell."

Sound familiar?

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

If you compare the recent season of Fitzy and Caceres, they both had limited opportunities, but arguably it was only Fitzy who took his chance and proved that he was worthy to be a genuine starter.  And don't forget he was in serious competition against some high quality players to be a starter.  In reality, Caceres probably had less competition for a spot, but at the end of the day, was unable to cement a spot.

I like Caceres, but he was not a sure thing this year in terms of how much he could bring to the team.  No doubt Wazza was not sold on him and therefore I can only assume the decision for him to leave is mutual, and he probably doesn't want to fight it out to prove he is capable of commanding a starting spot. 

4 minutes ago, Andrew Edmonds said:

Seriously Mauk is an absolute little shit. Pretty much ended Dekker's professional career, taunted our whole bench and even talks shit on social media. What does he expect.

38 minutes ago, nah brah said:

so they put this up and pulled it back down mighty quickly...  

the original comment said something like "can you guess who this is?"  some people said jakobsen but this chin doesnt look like the rough edge of a scrotum, so i disagree.

20292844_1277546472371272_17886496125532

Jakobsen brah. But the smile throws me a little, usually runs with a death stare or an i mean business face.

“I didn’t have any until that penalty moment and a few fans started getting into me as I was walking off. I felt it was a bit disrespectful which is why I did that two-nil signal, which wasn’t my brightest moment, but you’re not thinking too straight when you’re out there and old fans are booing you.

“It’s all part of it, there’s no hard feelings. I was with the club from day one of my professional career, so it was disappointing, but the fans tried to get under my skin.’’

I refuse to have stephan mauk. What he did to Wade Dekker, how much ego he had even though i dont think he is that good and also did nothing in Europe. He is the definition of a wanker. I would take caceres any day. City have now waited 4 players in 2 seasons (Koren, Sorensen, Caceres and Colazo). All 4 players in our team with Wazza and Bruno, we would have been unstoppable and thats not bragging folks. 

12 minutes ago, bt50 said:

UOTIH : The Mauk - Dekker incident was an accident/reckless challenge at worst.

Hahaha you are dreaming, look at the replays. That was plainly deliberate maybe not injuring Wade but he wanted to make a presence.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

Eh i just think he was trying to show he couldn't be pushed around and it ended up an unintentionally bad result. There's a reason he wasnt rubbed out for it.

His antics on the night they came to Melbourne were far worse than anything in Adelaide imo.

We never ever have a balanced squad fit for purpose... If you look at it the best 2 teams last season and if you want to look at our neighbours more specifically... They have a senior 11 who pick themselves and 1-2 tops on the bench who can make serious claims to starting in the senior team..

Us on the other hand never have a balanced Squad... So where does our 2 remaining visa players fit in this, Which mind should all 5 should be starting 11 players... Plus our Marque fit in all of this.. It just creates blokes missing out who shouldn't be.

2 minutes ago, InMyHeart said:

We never ever have a balanced squad fit for purpose... If you look at it the best 2 teams last season and if you want to look at our neighbours more specifically... They have a senior 11 who pick themselves and 1-2 tops on the bench who can make serious claims to starting in the senior team..

Us on the other hand never have a balanced Squad... So where does our 2 remaining visa players fit in this, Which mind should all 5 should be starting 11 players... Plus our Marque fit in all of this.. It just creates blokes missing out who shouldn't be.

Well you'd think one of the visas is a CB, then ideally a right back. Pretty bloody balanced squad then if you ask me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Well you'd think one of the visas is a CB, then ideally a right back. Pretty bloody balanced squad then if you ask me.

Assuming we sign Troisi as Marquee... Try and fit Troisi, Brattan, Kilkenny, Mauk, Cahill, Bruno, Kamau, Brandan, Fitzy In one team let alone presumably 6 spots in midfield and attack

We have two Visa signings (and maybe a VISA injury replacement) available... surely we have enough depth in the front third so hopefully we will get a VISA CB and and a VISA RB.

Edited by haz

Just now, InMyHeart said:

Assuming we sign Troisi as Marquee... Try and fit Troisi, Brattan, Kilkenny, Mauk, Cahill, Bruno, Kamau, Brandan, Fitzy In one team let alone presumably 6 spots in midfield and attack

Galekovic

Muscat/Visa RB  Visa CB    Jakobsen    Jamieson

Kilkenny      Brattan

Troisi

Fitzgerald                  Fornaroli             Brandan

SUBS : Bouzanis   Cahill   Mauk   La Rocca   Kamau

That's perfectly balanced imo 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bt50 said:

Galekovic

Muscat/Visa RB  Visa CB    Jakobsen    Jamieson

Kilkenny      Brattan

Troisi

Fitzgerald                  Fornaroli             Brandan

SUBS : Bouzanis   Cahill   Mauk   La Rocca   Kamau

That's perfectly balanced imo 

Mauk for Brandan until he returns, or you think Kamau will take Brandans spot?

10 minutes ago, haz said:

Mauk for Brandan until he returns, or you think Kamau will take Brandans spot?

Either or. I suspect Brandan will only be missing for the opening month. Our scholarship players and Arzani and Crowley are capable of bit roles too.

14 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Either or. I suspect Brandan will only be missing for the opening month. Our scholarship players and Arzani and Crowley are capable of bit roles too.

True. would love to see Arzani get an extended run, he has the most potential.

• jw1739 pinned this topic