Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

7 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Tom Smithies reporting that Mauk is on his way back in for us, with Rojas set  to fly the coup to Netherlands.

Didnt see that coming tbh...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/a-league/teams/victory/melbourne-victory-set-to-lose-marco-rojas-melbourne-city-close-in-on-deal-for-stefan-mauk/news-story/ce60299b95f002425443aff78d75a7a6

F*ck Off

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Tom Smithies reporting that Mauk is on his way back in for us, with Rojas set  to fly the coup to Netherlands.

Didnt see that coming tbh...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/a-league/teams/victory/melbourne-victory-set-to-lose-marco-rojas-melbourne-city-close-in-on-deal-for-stefan-mauk/news-story/ce60299b95f002425443aff78d75a7a6

What other ex visitor players are now overseas that will come back and sign for the club? (bar Milligan)

9 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Every time I think I begin to understand our recruitment philosophy a signing is made that shows that I don't.

There is not much philosophy, the salary cap dictactes. We just don't have any cash left under cap and are turning to younger players like that. I can't remember who mentioned it on the forum, but it was said that Wazza was happy to release Franjic to make a little room.

Edited by Mr MO

1 minute ago, Mr MO said:

There is not much philosophy, the salary cap dictactes. We just don't have any cash left under cap and a turning to younger players like that. I can't remember who mentioned it on the forum, but it was said that Wazza was happy to release Franjic to make a little room.

The elephant in the room is of course Cahill.

55 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Interesting rumour. The Mauk rumour makes a lot more sense if Caceres was on the way out.

You would think Caceres was on (relatively) decent money considering he was bought from CCM.  

Stefan Mauk could be a great signing under Wazza.  He is certainly on par or potentially better than o'neill and brillante - who anchored the midfield for SFC's title win.  We desperately need some more mobility and youth in midfield to do the donkey work - kilkenny and brattan are a lethargic pair (kilkenny is slow and brattan just doesnt move much) they should be fighting it out for their spot.

Alternately I still think Brattan could be a top class #10 if he got it together.  If we looked at a 4-2-3-1 like Wazza is known to favour 

----------------Kilkenny-----------------Mauk

------------------------------Brattan

Could work really well..

Edited by nah brah

4 minutes ago, nah brah said:

You would think Caceres was on (relatively) decent money considering he was bought from CCM.  

Stefan Mauk could be a great signing under Wazza.  He is certainly on par or potentially better than o'neill and brillante - who anchored the midfield for SFC's title win.  We desperately need some more mobility and youth in midfield to do the donkey work - kilkenny and brattan are a lethargic pair (kilkenny is slow and brattan just doesnt move much) they should be fighting it out for their spot.

Alternately I still think Brattan could be a top class #10 if he got it together.  If we looked at a 4-2-3-1 like Wazza is known to favour 

Could work really well..

Brattan is better suited as an 8 or 6. With the right coach if we had a midfield of Kilkenny, Brattan and Troisi it will be definitely be one of the best in the league. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nah brah said:

Could work really well..

I'm not sure i think Mauk is definitely on bar or better than O'Neill or Brillante but he definitely is capable at the level. IMO Caceres wouldnt have been on any more than 200k, and i suspect that would be more than enough to get Mauk done given he really only has one decent season to his name and flopped heavily last year in Europe.

IMO the midfield will consist of:

Kilkenny          Mauk/Brattan

Troisi

with Mauk and Brattan both available to rotate in the CAM and/or CDM roles for subs. Arzani, Malik and Genreau also provide midfield cover.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dylan said:

Brattan is better suited as an 8 or 6. With the right coach if we had a midfield of Kilkenny, Brattan and Troisi it will be definitely be one of the best in the league. 

imo i dont think brattan and kilkenny are a good pair to anchor a midfield.  we looked better with one of them next to malik last season.  brattan has the skill set to play in a more advance role.  

also i think troisi is a total douche

• jw1739 pinned this topic