Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

1 minute ago, Deeming said:

Troisi not signing for Maccabi Haifa possibly off to Russia or Turkey.

Would be foolish to go to Russia. They regularly shaft players and not pay them.

Why would he hold their scarf up then? Must have nice materials or something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silva10 said:

The reason I say this is that Joyce needs to succeed for the sake of his own career. Of course people will say the best way to do that is play experienced players. However, if there are younger players who are showing more ability, I believe with his background in youth management, he will be prepared to give the younger players a chance.

What I am sure off, is that if players like Brattan don't step up to the mark, they won't be playing unlike last season.

I agree. The problem is the amount of effort required to bring the youth up to senior level is a time investment, and the fact that there is not any real incentive to invest in youth because of the high turnover of players in this league with no transfer fee, then it is easier to poach seasoned players. And personally, given the league environment, I would much rather play 2nd tier senior players than risk playing youth that could lose the team a game because of their inexperience and lack of body hardness, which is a big factor in this league.

2 hours ago, silva10 said:

I have never been impressed by Franjic to be honest. I expected a lot more from what the guys were saying on here before he signed. 

I know someone who knows his personally and he only used Melb City to put himself in the shop window for a $$$ move overseas before he retires.

1 minute ago, Tony999 said:

Not defending Franjic but in all honesty, do you actually think we can do better? Don't think so. Defence just went from reasonable to real average now. 

Doubt it. Only way we can get an improvement or as good is to use a visa spot. 

Big loss.

7 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Not defending Franjic but in all honesty, do you actually think we can do better? Don't think so. Defence just went from reasonable to real average now. 

I have to disagree with you. I didn't see Franjic as a good defensive fullback, just someone who was decent as an attacking one. I still think we need another fullback because Muscat isn't the answer either.

• Like 3

Who needs a RB when we are going to play 3 ATB!

------------Brandan--------------------Fornaroli----------

------------------------------Caceras-------------------------

Scotty---------Kilkenny--------------VISA (M)-------Fitzy

-----------------La Rocca--Jakobsen--VISA---------------

---------------------------Galeckovic----------------------------

Edited by haz

We should get two visa players. But another marquee, as in well known and better than average player, hardly. Colazo should not be repeated. Brattan will step up when placed into his position. It's hard to speculate as CFG will get unknown players. It's probably easier to predict who is next to leave.

Whilst I'm glad our youth are decent players and can replace our more experienced players l doubt they can step up consistently. People seem to cream themselves when they have a blinder but can they consistently play well at senior level? A visa spot might need to be used to replace Franjic.

7 hours ago, haz said:

Who needs a RB when we are going to play 3 ATB!

------------Brandan--------------------Fornaroli----------

------------------------------Caceras-------------------------

Scotty---------Kilkenny--------------VISA (M)-------Fitzy

-----------------La Rocca--Jakobsen--VISA---------------

---------------------------Galeckovic----------------------------

Surely if we play 3 at the back again we need someone fast to stop the counter, dont think the 30+ guys that we have are fast enough.

7 hours ago, Imtellingyou said:

We should get two visa players. But another marquee, as in well known and better than average player, hardly. Colazo should not be repeated. Brattan will step up when placed into his position. It's hard to speculate as CFG will get unknown players. It's probably easier to predict who is next to leave.

Is English your first language? 

The only Australian guys who played a league last season at right back and with no club is Tratt and Aryn Williams

Tratt looked like a solid player at Wellington, but why did he leave?

Williams is ok, but would be more a back up then a regular starter

Could we use a visa at right back, and back in the 4 CB we have to do job there?

41 minutes ago, neio said:

The only Australian guys who played a league last season at right back and with no club is Tratt and Aryn Williams

Could we use a visa at right back, and back in the 4 CB we have to do job there?

I tend to think VISA fullbacks are a bit of a waste tbh.

Every position in the team is important to a degree but I feel like it's easier to get away with average fullbacks than it is to get away with average players at most other positions in the squad.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, neio said:

Tratt came home for family reasons. He is a Sydney boy

• jw1739 pinned this topic