Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

7 minutes ago, IssySG said:

the guy in the video is way too pale.

uriel antuna is only 1.74.  the guy in the video is tall.

uriel antuna will not be wasting his career in australia.

i reckon it is someone like aleksander jovanovic.  if they are really tall like the video it will be a central defender. 

in case you missed it.  

Edited by nah brah

2 minutes ago, DFG_82 said:

Decent singing if he didn't cost too much of the cap then.

he would be cheap. versatile.  australian. leads the back line well.  was a big part of the wsw asian championship team and the adelaide aus championship..  both teams were immense in defence.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, nah brah said:

he would be cheap. versatile.  australian. leads the back line well.  was a big part of the wsw asian championship team and the adelaide aus championship..  both teams were immense in defence.

Yep very solid. I like, two experienced CB is always a good start.

Edited by playmaker

43 minutes ago, DFG_82 said:

Probably random Youth player 

A marquee won't wear number 25,  a yoof would wear that number. La Rocca is a thug but at least he'll be our thug. Was hoping for a better CB. He ain't no yoof though

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

La Rocca is  rough and dirty defender. Typical lower league coach choice. Let's scoop Carrusca now and complete Adelaide takev over. All three of them shown a downward trend in the last season. Not yet enough for making grand final.  La Rocca with probably now chronic injury. Rather see Chapman around. 

Currently we have

MelbCityJuly15.JPG.29b04ef566c9b6ee08acabf406539b4c.JPG

BENCH: Bouzanis, Cahill, Kamau, La Rocca, Brattan

RES: Tongyik, Arzani, Malik, Muscat, Pererais

Now that is a ridiculously good team if they can make the right final two Visa signings. Some points to add though,

• Kamau 60min sub for Fitzy (or vice versa)
  • Cahill 75min sub for Fornaroli or CAM
  • I hope Caceras does not get benched for Brattan (form permitting)
  • Currently I rate La Rocca better then Tonyik but the latter has much more potential, would hate to see Tonyik turn into a Retre because a 33 year old La Rocca took his spot.
  • I hope our marquee is a CB (Kolo Toure, Bassong or Xandao please)
Edited by haz
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, haz said:

Currently we have

Now that is a ridiculously good team if they can make the right final two Visa signings. Some points to add though,

• Currently I rate La Rocca better then Tonyik but the latter has much more potential, would hate to see Tonyik turn into a Retre because a 33 year old La Rocca took his spot.

All comes down to Wazzas approach to setting up. Be interesting how we set up on Tuesday. If we go 4231. Brattan and Kilkenny are likely to start. 

But with 2 Visa and Marquee available on paper we have a super squad.

3 hours ago, Dylan said:

Im sure everyone would, but the coaches are much better place to decide that than us nongs on some internet forum

Probably true, except for the past 7 seasons with JvS, Aloisi, JvS(2) and Valkanis when "us nongs" have done a pretty fair job...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, haz said:

Currently we have

great post.  it's nice to see that put together without bullshit transfers included (like troisi)

-i think if we want a chance to actually win the comp we need to be spending out transfer money on a proper number 10.  we need a nincovik if we want to win this.  

-im also not sold with la rocca as our first choice CB.  i have always liked la rocca.   maybe it''s enough to have malik, la rocca, and tongkyik to fight out for the second spot.  it might push them into quality. but to me they are all midfielders filling in - not proper CB's. so i agree that we need to be looking for another CB for the first team.

• jw1739 pinned this topic