Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

2 hours ago, Kinnibari said:

I think previous seasons were also boring, we just had more hope that we would eventually sign someone good and that carried us through. But we've traditionally been very slow to sign players.

Yeah I agree. Other teams always seem to do business quicker than us. I wonder why that is?

Is it players who don't want to play for us? We can't offer enough and are waiting the last minute left overs? Are we so much dependent on other developments with in the group?  

I struggle to see the real benefit of getting the team together so late.

Edited by Mr MO

2 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Yeah I agree. Other teams always seem to do business quicker than us. Iwonder why that is?

Is it players who don't want to play for us? We can't offer enough and are waiting last minute to take left overs? Are we much dependent on other development with in the group?  

I struggle to see the real benefit of getting the team together late.

IMO its the opposite. We have a bigger range and influence due to our scouts and CFG label and as such we hold out to get the best player possible, whereas some of the other clubs are content to sign the first name on their shortlist that says ok.

In saying that, most clubs havent signed anybody major yet. Only WSW, CCM and Newy have been active, the other clubs, including us, have mostly only signed players around the fringes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dylan said:

we are 3 weeks into a 4 month pre season FFS

I don't agree. As far as I'm concerned our "pre-season" for 2017-18 started the day after we wimped out of the finals series 0-2 to Perth, i.e. 24th April.

But I wasn't referring only to on-field matters, signings, coaching changes etc. It's probably just a reflection of my overall mood about the club, but nothing since our finals exit has really given me that "wow!" feeling. Not yet. Our first competitive match for 2017-18 is in only two weeks time.

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

Revealed or relieved? which ones strider in the pic

I'd assume with Strider's twisted mind, it would be both really.

I think we know who Strider would be in that photo

12 minutes ago, strider said:

Id like to meet you Niko. I'm actually a nice guy! Much love

Yeah he is @Niko

His down syndrome brother confirms it :rolleyes:

Edited by [LIBBA]
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HeartFc said:

I've had a few catch ups with Strider at "Poof Doof" over the years ... What?  A couple straight guys can't head to a local homosexual establishment for a refreshing lime and peach spritzer? Fuck you.

Striders straight? Does he go alright with the ladies?

2 minutes ago, NuggetsMcGreggor said:

player announcement imminent according to the club's fb. they've put up a terrible teaser video of the announcement and chopped of the blokes head. he'll wear 25. anyone care to have a guess? doesn't look like samaras

Looks too skinny to be Messi and too white to be Ronaldo.

Stumped.

1 minute ago, NuggetsMcGreggor said:

player announcement imminent according to the club's fb. they've put up a terrible teaser video of the announcement and chopped of the blokes head. he'll wear 25. anyone care to have a guess? doesn't look like samaras

Troisi? Just saw the same thing on the website now,  hate when they do this dumb shit,  just tell us who it is ffs 

• jw1739 pinned this topic