Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

1 minute ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Fuck off cunt, best decision this club's ever made. Better than signing Bruno evenĀ 

A decision we'll rue for a long time. Can't wait to see Gameiro banging in hatty's at the 2018 World Cup for Australia after scoring 25 in the A-League next season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/a-league/teams/victory/melbourne-victorys-james-troisi-a-marquee-target-for-sydney-fc-and-melbourne-city/news-story/a433ff208cbc88f0877431e3ee988c6b

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/melbourne-victory-braced-for-james-troisi-exit-as-talks-on-new-deal-stall-20170604-gwk4cd.html

Those both mention it on a quick glance, but I'm certain i've seen others. Neither obv do much more than speculate, but theres been several decent sources via twitter and hearsay that suggest talks were/are well advanced. Obv CFG are keeping it tight, which is usually the case with them.

FWIW the offer reported in that article is fine, but given the history of The World Game over the past 12 months, and the referred to UK newspapers for like, ever, I'd suggest it doesn't carry a heap of weight either.

michael lynch is probably referring to the old articles. the ones written in march. Ā troisi is not coming to melbourne city in a hurry. Ā i have seen nothing to make me think there is even a solid offer on the table.

which is good. Ā because he would be a shit signing anyway.

11 minutes ago, nah brah said:

michael lynch is probably referring to the old articles. the ones written in march. Ā troisi is not coming to melbourne city in a hurry. Ā i have seen nothing to make me think there is even a solid offer on the table.

which is good. Ā because he would be a shit signing anyway.

Well, don't say you didnt deserve when we rag shit on you if it turns out you were wrong

4 hours ago, bt50 said:

Well, don't say you didnt deserve when we rag shit on you if it turns out you were wrong

i'll cop that. Ā nothings impossible. Ā people can hope all they want but there is nothing ive seen that says to me troisi will be playing for us next season. Ā 

Ā 

i'd rather we went for amini. Ā he would be cheaper. Ā he's not such a cunt. Ā and we would get a full season out of him. Ā 

17 minutes ago, Chris p said:

Stunned if we don't dominate this season, our squad looks unreal

lol

1 minute ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Thought the same last season and the season before that and the season before that and even the season before that finals at least seemed possible.Ā 

Not only are we stronger, but victory and Sydney fc look significantly weakerĀ 

10 minutes ago, tommac said:

I'm perplexed as to how people think we're looking good on paper for this season... Eugene and Jamieson are solid players and good pickups yeah, but we need so much more quality to match SFC/Victory.Ā 

Victory lost Troisi, Sydney have no chance of replacing Vuka. two big losesĀ 

We've strengthened defensivelyĀ 

15 minutes ago, tommac said:

I'm perplexed as to how people think we're looking good on paper for this season... Eugene and Jamieson are solid players and good pickups yeah, but we need so much more quality to match SFC/Victory.Ā 

We were better on paper than both last season and still have a better list with further big signing to come I assume. The difference was poor everything else which we all assume will change for the better with Wazza.Ā 

We just got significantly out gunned off the field.Ā 

• Like 1

IMO our squad was good enough to win the title the last 2 seasons, we were just let down by poor coaching and tactics.Ā Eugene and Jamieson are good enough to start in any team in the comp and if the club can use the remainingĀ Marquee and Visa spots wisely we should have a strong side for the upcoming season. What its going to come down to is can Wazza get the best out of the team?Ā 

10 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

This. It's unclear at all whether we have improved our weakest link.

Until we play a few games we can't call it either way.Ā 

But so far signing a decent lb and and very good keeper is a good start at compiling a balanced list.

A quality cb will for me provide a complete defense.Ā 

But the unknown is Wazza.Ā 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tommac said:

I agree. A weak fourth on the table, 27 and 10 points behind 1st and 2nd respectively, and then wimped and limped out of the finals to the 5th placed team. We're going to need a lot more added to the squadĀ than just Galekovic and Jamieson. There's adequateĀ time to plug the holes, but at this stage I reckon Wazza has his work cut out.

Edited by jw1739

1 hour ago, DFG_82 said:

IMO our squad was good enough to win the title the last 2 seasons, we were just let down by poor coaching and tactics.Ā Eugene and Jamieson are good enough to start in any team in the comp and if the club can use the remainingĀ Marquee and Visa spots wisely we should have a strong side for the upcoming season. What its going to come down to is can Wazza get the best out of the team?Ā 

Hmm not sure about that. What Sydney did was bloody incredible. I'd agree with you the season before though because we were so damn close.Ā 

• Like 2

Galekovic

franjic-jako-tongyik-jamieson

bratten-troisi-kilkenny

fitzy-Bruno-brandan(when fit)/kamau.

wazza will turn Ruon into a black Vidic. Mark my words. Title is ours. Fk u negative kents. Believe in yoof. Forza melbourne. Sky blueĀ 

• Like 5

Sounds like we've still got a few additions to come. Ā If they're decent, and Wazza can bring the best out of what we have (eg. Developing Tongyik's potential) we could indeed be a force. Ā Fingers crossed at the moment, as I've been in this supporter game long enough to know that peak optimism tends to coincide with this part of pre season...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Sounds like we've still got a few additions to come. Ā If they're decent, and Wazza can bring the best out of what we have (eg. Developing Tongyik's potential) we could indeed be a force. Ā Fingers crossed at the moment, as I've been in this supporter game long enough to know that peak optimism tends to coincide with this part of pre season...

Exactly. Until we play we look unbeatable.Ā 

We still have 3 major players to bring in. All depends on their quality and how they adapt to Australia.Ā 

I'm confident 2 of the 3 will be guns but if all 3 are then we can give it a good shake this season.Ā 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Baka1 said:

Galekovic ( Okay- old)

franjic-jako--jamieson

bratten-troisi-kilkenny

fitzy-Bruno-brandan(when fit)/kamau.

wazza will turn Ruon into a black Vidic. Mark my words. Title is ours. Fk u negative kents. Believe in yoof. Forza melbourne. Sky blueĀ 

Here's a realistic assessment of our squad based on recent history.

1. Eugene was really good- perhaps past it

2. IF - was good- perhaps past it.

Jako- great! 1000 years old.Ā 

Tongyik- can pass and dribble!Ā Ā Can't defend.

Scott- solid.Ā 

Killer- good, solid.Ā 

Bratty boy- potentially fantastic. Also potentially slow, lazy, ponderousĀ 

Attacking Mid- who knows

Kamau- potentially tops. Also just as likely to lose the ball 9/10 times he gets it.Ā 

Bruno- lord.Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

Just now, Nate said:

hasn't really been talked about much since everyone's assumed if he comes back to the A-League it'll be with Victory, but how would you guys feel if we swooped in and signed Milligan rather than Troisi?

Would take him. He has experience playing in Sky Blue in UAE.

28 minutes ago, Nate said:

hasn't really been talked about much since everyone's assumed if he comes back to the A-League it'll be with Victory, but how would you guys feel if we swooped in and signed Milligan rather than Troisi?

Ask @Embee, I'm one of Milligan's biggest fans, but tbh I think I'd prefer Troisi purely based on positional needs. Milligan is more of a DM, so if we signed him as marquee we'd need to either use Caceres as the 10, or pick up a Visa mid that can play in the position. As it stands we already have Killa and Brattan, and even Malik that can play at DM ranging from really well to somewhat competently so I'd rather we invest in a properĀ AM and for mine Troisi fits the bill perfectly.

In saying that, I wont be at all disappointed with Milligan : the blokes a gun and can cover any of the roles decently. I'm really hoping someone from Europe comes for him and he doesnt end up at the mongs tbh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Imtellingyou said:

Our marquuee players are Bruno and Timmy. I wish for more, but club will only sign unknown players or like recent (good) domestic players. We are not NYC.

Ā 

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

What are telling us now? Timmy marquee?

AFAIK Cahill's Full-Season Guest Marquee status ended on 31st May 2017, and he is now under the cap for season 2017-18 at a rumoured salary of $400,000. Also IIRC the third year of his contract is not as a player but in some as-yet-unspecifiedĀ coaching capacity.

If I am correct, then our only marquee player so far for the next two seasons is Bruno Fornaroli. Leaving room for one more, unless FFA re-instates/continues the Full Season Guest Marquee rule; if FFA does this then each club will haveĀ the opportunity to have 3 marquee players.

• Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic